[ROM][May 23]Virtuous Saga v.1.0.0 [3.04.401.1][Sense 3.6 Android 4.0.4]

Search This thread

geva

Feb 17, 2009
Tried to flash PG88IMG.zip but came up with installation aborted, is this normal?

You probably hit the wrong arrow button and aborted it. You need to wait at the bootloader. It will detect the firmware update, scan it, then give you an option to go ahead with the update or cancel it. I cancelled it trying to navigate the menu the first time I tried it.

Glibberman

May 26, 2011
I hoped there will be a Virtuous Saga based on the chinese release ROM. I like Virtuous ROMs, have been using Virtuous Unity in the past.

I don't think ICE_DS is better than Virtuous Saga, it seems there are a lot of problems because ICE_DS is ported from a ROM of a different HTC device.

But there are some issues with this ROM as well, on some few occasions i have corrupted fonts in different apps, but they are gone if the app is restarted. And the automatic brightness dims not low enough. Was siting in near darkness and the screen was still too bright, when i put my finger over the sensor then it dimmed to the lowest setting. Needs to be adjusted.

Please consider making an update to this very stable ROM, like it very much and don't want to look for a different one.

Last edited:

toxic-hero

Dec 9, 2009
hовосиби́рск
automatic brightness works perfect here, the font corruption only shows on rear occasions. only problems are some lags when browsing Internet with default browser and a short battery life.

tried fallout but some of my favorite apps didn't work on it and it seems i like sense 3.6 better. haven't tried ICE_DS yet as i read about some issues.

i only use stable roms and desire S lacks stable ICS custom roms because the source code for kernel 3 wasn't available (until yesterday?) .

Last edited:

qpkqkma

Nov 13, 2011
Žilina
I´ve got a few problems with this ROM too. For example when i take picture with camera, my SDCard randomly disconnect, and system can´t recognize SD card. I must restart device, and everything works fine for a few moments.
Today this happen when my alarm ring, sdcard disconnect. I try 3 different SDcards, reflash ROM, etc. and still nothing.

I like this ROM, its stable, clean & nice, but this bug is annoying. Im thinking about another rom....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuoussagakopia.jpg

Based on RUU 3.04.401.1 test-keys HTC Desire S (SAGA)
    Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwith)
    Kernel:
    3.0.16 HTC Stock
    Virtuous Dev Team: Diamondback, Flemmard, seo, rmk, chrisch1974, eViL_Dee, mdj, cypis, cjward, tbalden
    - Multilanguage
    - Ultra Fast
    - Improved EXT4 performance
    - Improved animation performance
    - Deodexed
    - Busybox / Superuser
    - Zipaligned
    - Latest Maps
    - Latest Market
    - etc
    - htc spy bloatware
    - Teeter
    - Adobe Reader (you can download it from Market)
    - Some other HTC bloatware

First you should flash new firmware package

You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

If you are coming from another stock Sense ROM, you may not have to wipe data. I obviously recommend wiping data (since it will eliminate any possibly bad/stale configuration), but the update script will not do so automatically during installation. Use your best judgement to determine what works best for you.

Wipes are NOT required for any upgrade to/from any release with the same major version of the ROM; downgrades are a different story. Versioning schema is Major.Minor.Revision.

Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Recommended radio: 20.71.30.0833U_3831.17.00.16_M

Known issues:
    - you tell me

Virtuous Home: http://www.virtuousrom.com
    Virtuous Forum: http://forums.virtuousrom.com/index.php
    Kernel GIT: https://github.com/mdeejay/
    HTC: http://www.htc.com/
    Changelog:

Code:
    v.1.0.0:
    - Initial release

Screenshots:

Homescreen.png
    apps.png
    lock.png
    dialer.png
    quick%20settings.png
    screens.png

screenshot_2012-05-23_20-08-38.png
    settings.png
    task%20manager.png
    * Thanks justndo for screens
    Okay here you go: Stock Battery% icon for Virtuous_Saga v1.0.0. Wipe dalvik and flash from recovery.

2012-05-25_01-42-12.png

DOWNLOAD STOCK BATT%

And this is the Volume Key Wake Up mod I created for this ROM: Just replace the android.policy.jar in the system/framework folder with a root explorer after mounting system as R/W and change permissions to rw-r-r. I've tested both these mods on my device and they work without a hitch.

DOWNLOAD VOLUME KEY WAKE-UP

Please do take a nandroid backup before flashing.

Cheers. :)

Edit: Unlike in the GB ROMs, here, when you press the volume rocker to wake the phone up, it wakes up alright, but shows the volume slider on waking up. Funny...
    Smooth Rosie mods for Desire S base 3.04.401.1 - WVGA

i don't have the device so please report if you any issue
    Is there a link to the original RUU?