Help with 4.4.2 in global mode.

Search This thread

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
Okay I am deployed over seas. I am bone stock mk2. I would like to take the update to play around with it but I have my phone in global mode using a different sim card. Every time I check for update it says update unavailable at this time. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
You have to go to back to full stock mk2 to be able to update. If you want to keep root you can use the guide in the general section on how to keep root and update. The guide works for the leaked KitKat build we got, nc2, but I'm not sure if it works for the official nc5 update, you can check the thread for that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Okay I am deployed over seas. I am bone stock mk2. I would like to take the update to play around with it but I have my phone in global mode using a different sim card. Every time I check for update it says update unavailable at this time. Thanks for any help.

Since you're not on the Verizon network, you won't be offered the update via OTA. I'd wait until someone grabs the NC5 update
Since you're factory stock, you could install the OTA by downloading it to your internal SD card as an update.zip and booting into stock recovery to install it.

Note that you can't "play around" with it. You'll have NC5, no root, and very likely no way to go back.

Reactions: Nopi45

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
Since you're not on the Verizon network, you won't be offered the update via OTA. I'd wait until someone grabs the NC5 update
Since you're factory stock, you could install the OTA by downloading it to your internal SD card as an update.zip and booting into stock recovery to install it.

Note that you can't "play around" with it. You'll have NC5, no root, and very likely no way to go back.

I had an idea not being on the network may be the reason behind it. I will give going through the stock recovery a shot. Also, I am very sad to say this is my first phone I have not messed around with.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I had an idea not being on the network may be the reason behind it. I will give going through the stock recovery a shot. Also, I am very sad to say this is my first phone I have not messed around with.

The update comes from VZ over their network. If you're not on their network, the update servers aren't reachable.
Oh - another thing you can try is to use Kies to check for updates. I don't think that VZ has made the update available there yet, so have patience.

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
The update comes from VZ over their network. If you're not on their network, the update servers aren't reachable.
Oh - another thing you can try is to use Kies to check for updates. I don't think that VZ has made the update available there yet, so have patience.

Thanks for the help! I will check out Kies too. I have nothing but time on my hands so patience comes easy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.