[Q] S-Off help!

Search This thread

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
I did a search and it doesnt seem like anyone else had my problem. Basically, I'm on stock ICS with S-On, unlocked. I saw that the S-Off method now supports ICS and decided to give it a try.

I have all HTC drivers installed, downloaded jbear, extracted it to a directory all by itself, ran as admin..

All is going fine until my phone reboots to the green arrow screen. Then it just waits for the device, except it cant find my phone. I get an error message asking me to check my adb and fastboot drivers.

If I have the HTC drivers installed, doesn't that automatically give me the adb and fastboot drivers?

I've tried on 2 computers now, and still no luck. I've been flashing ICS all day. Help!

Last edited:

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
FINALLY got it to work. This was a crap shoot for me. Basically, what was happening was that I get stuck on the green arrow screen because Windows refused to recognize my phone as a phone ONLY ON THAT SCREEN, so my device manager didn't have an 'Android Phone' device. What I did to get it to recognize my phone was to relock my phone in fastboot, and then unlock it again in fastboot. And poof! My phone was recognized as an Android Phone on the green arrow screen. Got S-Off on 1st try :D

Thread can now be closed.

Last edited: