HELP! no signal

Search This thread

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
Hello
I got my xperia z2 D6503 2 days ago brand new sealed. I inserted my Net10 sim and it worked like 1 day and than I noticed that there was signal issue first I thought it was because of area than I found out it was phones fault since same sim card worked perfectly on my old xperia z and also on xperia z2 Tab and on my brothers galaxy s4. strange thing is it shows low signal only when LTE is on and I can send and receive text messages but I can't make calls. as soon as I turn off LTE it looses signal and no text or call go through. :confused:
I tried factory reset, 2 different sim cards, even bought new sim card, numerous restarts and nothing helps. searched web for this issue and nothing at all.
so anyone else had this experienced? any solutions?
thanks
Build: 17.1.A.2.69
baseband: 8974-AAAAANPZQ-00004-07

dash4g

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
Hello
I got my xperia z2 D6503 2 days ago brand new sealed. I inserted my Net10 sim and it worked like 1 day and than I noticed that there was signal issue first I thought it was because of area than I found out it was phones fault since same sim card worked perfectly on my old xperia z and also on xperia z2 Tab and on my brothers galaxy s4. strange thing is it shows low signal only when LTE is on and I can send and receive text messages but I can't make calls. as soon as I turn off LTE it looses signal and no text or call go through. :confused:
I tried factory reset, 2 different sim cards, even bought new sim card, numerous restarts and nothing helps. searched web for this issue and nothing at all.
so anyone else had this experienced? any solutions?
thanks
Build: 17.1.A.2.69
baseband: 8974-AAAAANPZQ-00004-07

Same issue with my z2... only when I hold it a certain way... I'm on Bell mobility in Canada and got the phone a few days ago.

Lawrence1m

Jul 28, 2012
I've been experiencing the same issue ever and I've had my phone over a month, I'm on EE in the uk running the .55 firmware. My phone is currently in repair to fix this problem so I'll get back to see if it can be fixed

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
Sony has no solution in USA and can't repair so I returned for exchange to seller. I though it was only me so looks like gonna be big issue

CCDillon

Feb 10, 2011
Sony has no solution in USA and can't repair so I returned for exchange to seller. I though it was only me so looks like gonna be big issue

Hey, so did the exchange solve the problem for you? I am using NET10 as well and while I do get signal on all networks (2G. 3G, etc..) I notice that it isn't as good as almost any other phone I've had. I live in an area that has poor signal and places that I get 1-2 bars on other phones I get 0-1 on this phone, though when I'm in upper town where signal is great I get about the same as others do. I'm just not sure if my phone is defective or this is just how it is. I really don't want to wait to exchange plus the seller seems reluctant to do so..

Ken_Burnside

Jun 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I had to fix my APN (wireless &networks -> mobile data).

I Google the correct settings for my carrier(ATT/USA), and saved the updates and it worked IMMEDIATELY.

it's been solid since ever since. Note there are differences for the 3g VS LTE versions. Make sure you enter the right settings.

Good luck!

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
Hey, so did the exchange solve the problem for you? I am using NET10 as well and while I do get signal on all networks (2G. 3G, etc..) I notice that it isn't as good as almost any other phone I've had. I live in an area that has poor signal and places that I get 1-2 bars on other phones I get 0-1 on this phone, though when I'm in upper town where signal is great I get about the same as others do. I'm just not sure if my phone is defective or this is just how it is. I really don't want to wait to exchange plus the seller seems reluctant to do so..

I got replacement toda so far so good.
yea I noticed that signal is not as strong as it was on my Xperia Z. even lost signal at the places where my Z was solid. hope this could be solved with future software update.

Reactions: CCDillon

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
I had to fix my APN (wireless &networks -> mobile data).

I Google the correct settings for my carrier(ATT/USA), and saved the updates and it worked IMMEDIATELY.

it's been solid since ever since. Note there are differences for the 3g VS LTE versions. Make sure you enter the right settings.

Good luck!

I did entered correct APN's as I mentioned it was working great for almost day and Than suddenly stopped working so if I had entered wrong APN's it wouldn't worked first time I powered it on. plus same sim card worked well on other LTE phone while was not working on my new Z2, so it was not APN issue.

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
Try rebooting 3-4 times and then wait. This should solve the problem.

Check the baseband version online and on your phone.

Ken_Burnside

Jun 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
There is also a firmware update but you have to cable your phone to a computer and let it install the Sony software on the PC/MAC ... Mine updated yesterday...

Worth a shot if you haven't done so already.

CCDillon

Feb 10, 2011
yea I noticed that signal is not as strong as it was on my Xperia Z. even lost signal at the places where my Z was solid. hope this could be solved with future software update.

Thanks man, it seems that's just how the phone is, maybe I can stop worrying so much about that now, especially since this Z2 I have has no defects that are so plentiful on other user's phones.

And like I said, it's not such a big deal when I'm in places with adequate coverage so it's tolerable. I updated to .402 yesterday and there isn't any change with signal but I'm holding out for more updates that can help out with coverage. I'm thinking once the Z2 is released in some way in the US (carrier or Sony store) that there will be an update then that may help us out.

Last edited:

rickaysen

Apr 14, 2014
I'm probably the last person to be offering advice in this forum, however, just a couple days ago I noticed I had no data connectivity at all. Calls and texting still worked, but no cellular data. All my APN setting were correct and even though airplane mode was not selected, turning it off and on again got my data connection back. Just something stumbled upon and I have no idea if it applies to anyone elses issue here. Just thought I'd toss it out there in case it helps just one person.

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
Try rebooting 3-4 times and then wait. This should solve the problem.

Check the baseband version online and on your phone.

Solve which problem? The one i posted in very first post or the weak signal on my replacement? I did more than 5 reboots to solve first proble but nope.
Now this very weak signal worries me it loosed signal at places where my old Z was great. Hope this phone doesn't end up super problematic :(

Sent from my SGP521

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
phone is amazing everything works smooth, but weak signal is getting on my nerves! looses signal very often and data gets really slow because of low signal even when LTE is available. I live in brooklyn ny and my xperia Z didn't have this issue at all. hopefully this could be fixed soon by software update.

SEGHE

Nov 3, 2014
Same problem

My sisters got the same problem,

Help line, Tech team no help what so ever !!!

Been on the phone for over 2 weeks !!!

They wont solve the problem what so ever !

One tech team even said "buy a new phone" !! such great customer service !!

They are wanting £150 for it so it can be "fixed"..... also wanting £40 for the month contract despite not having the phone !!!

I understand who you feel... they are no use what so ever and rude...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.