Ballistic SG vs Trident Aegis [vs TPU] (images/review)

Search This thread

KaliS-Pugilist

Dec 6, 2007
I am looking at both of these. I like to wear my phone on my hip. What pouch/case/holster will fit this phone with the case on it?
I don't know anything that will work with the ballistic. there are several larger holsters on Amazon and Ebay that the aegis fits well with. haven't looked for a clip holster really, only because I don't care much for them.

epdp14

Jan 19, 2011
Tampa
I am interested in whether or not this screen protector is "tacky" like a zagg. Zagg protects the screen really well, but I can't stand the feel.

that one looks pretty good and not too expensive either. i just wonder if it is 'tacky' like the zagg. i didnt like the sticky feeling of that protector. i'll wait to see if anyone has this and if its any good. if you do get it, please post your thoughts. :)

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

great tip about putting something between the phone and the trident symbol. now my phone doesnt slide away! :D

wow, threw it down the aisle huh!? im too faint hearted for somethin like that.

bruddah

Aug 10, 2012
I had a ballistic for about a year and after that year, its broken off a bit (the plastic part), it has a crack going along another side where that plastic piece will most likely break off soon and the rubber corners have deteriorated and are quite flat. They don't protrude out nearly as much as the originally did. Finally, the stickiness of the silicon is gone but it has worn down considerably. After doing some research I have found that the Ballistic is still the case for me. Too bad I cant do a warrenty claim because I bought it off ebay and they don't sell these in Canada :/ I was thinking about buying the Trident or maybe even just a stylish case off of ebay like a leather looking one or one of those wallet cases but idk... any suggestions? Btw. I have the Samsung galaxy s2 x (t989). Sorry for this not being the correct forum but when I googled it this is the link that came up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all, long time lurker here. I got the Trident Aegis case in the mail today and thought I'd compare it to a couple other popular cases out there. I've had the Ballistic SG on my phone for a week or so, so far I'm liking the Aegis!

DOvXg.jpg

Size
    The first thing I noticed when I took the Ballistic off and slipped the Aegis on is that it feels quite a lot thinner and less bulky. It seems like its right in between the Ballistic and the TPU case for thickness, I tried my best to show that in the pictures.

TUnGv.jpg

o15Xh.jpg

IMtfO.jpg

Protection
    The Ballistic is definitely more rugged than the Trident. The silicon is thicker everywhere, the hard layer is thicker, the corners are reinforced, and the ridge around the screen comes farther in and is deeper. While the Ballistic case was on I actually got in the habit of lightly bouncing my phone on the desk to keep my hands busy. I had no doubt that the phone would be fine.

The Aegis is way better than no case at all I'm sure but it's not the same as the Ballistic. If you want protection for frequent drops, go Ballistic. If you want to keep a thinner profile and still have some protection, go for the Aegis. Personally, I'm pretty careful with my stuff, so I'm perfectly happy with the Aegis.

rgRy9.jpg

uZMRz.jpg

BflNL.jpg

Usability
    I feel like I had a better grip on the phone while using the Ballistic case. The corner bumpers not only protect from drops, but also give a nice place for my index and pinky fingers to rest.

The silicon on the Ballistic is stickier, which is great for grip, but horrible for dust and pockets. Getting the Ballistic in and out of my pocket was a pain. Even in a large coat pocket, I always had to jiggle it a little to rip it free. Both the silicon and the hard plastic on the Aegis are smoother. I have no troubles pocketing the Aegis.

Note: The deep bezel on the Ballistic case makes touching the right edge of the screen with my right thumb while holding it in my right hand difficult. I often had to re-swype words that used "P", "O", or "L," with a conscious effort to push all the way to the edge of the screen. Not un-usable, but the issue is non-existent with the Aegis.

Conclusion/TLDR
    The Ballistic SG and the Trident Aegis are both great cases. The Ballistic is perfect for people that want a lot of protection and don't mind a little bulk. The Trident is a good compromise for the people that want to keep their phone thin.

vgBUL.jpg

5HEQk.jpg

Edit: got a few posts, added the images!
    i got the trident aegis today and while this is my favorite for the e4gt so far, the clear screen protector they supply with it is not very good. it has a rainbow effect on it (kind of like a glare) and i didnt quite get it on right without any bubbles.. (there are some specks of dust creating air bubbles too. so i'm going to remove it.

can anyone suggest a quality screen protector for our phone?
    i got the trident aegis today and while this is my favorite for the e4gt so far, the clear screen protector they supply with it is not very good. it has a rainbow effect on it (kind of like a glare) and i didnt quite get it on right without any bubbles.. (there are some specks of dust creating air bubbles too. so i'm going to remove it.

can anyone suggest a quality screen protector for our phone?

I just got My Aegis and yeah the screen protector suck. Love the case. I was thinking of getting this one. I like the way its cut out and its flexible like the zagg invisible shield. Any body got one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...ccessories&hash=item5ae50c3eb7#ht_3964wt_1163
    Im really impressed with the trident aegis case. I work at home depot and my co-worker dared me to toss the phone down a aisle. So threw like a bowling ball so it bounced on the corners and it was perfectly fine (only went half way down the aisle). I even had a plastic piece sitting in between the phone and the trident symbol just enough to grip surfaces because the case slides to easy as its designed to curve with the phone on the hard plastic part of the case.