[MOD|1.26|1.28|1.29] Disable the annoying ICS 3-dot Menu | Aroma **May-05**

Search This thread

sean.trinidade

@blubbers do you think you can backport settings from 2.05.xxx.2 base to 1.29.xxx.11?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

There are only two "features" of blubbers mod which is not present in the 2.05 release:
1) The system is forced to recognise the home/recent key as menu. This means you will always remove the ICS 3 dot menu (both the original HTC
bar across the bottom, but also the actual 3 dots from ICS configured apps such as Playstore, Reader, etc) and that you can now use it as a proper menu button on the Sense homescreen (Nova launcher and Apex are considered apps and therefore the built in mod works fine!).
2) You can control the stock music from the lockscreen.

Obviously it's up to blubber, but given that there are music apps which do 2) and that 1) is more then a negative than a positive, am not sure why you would want it?

Unless I'm missing something?

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
This is not about music app....but like you said blubbers mod has issues that it disables native ics app overflow. That is why I am suggesting backporting working mod made by HTC. Isn't it obvious that it is the only proper solution?

But nevermind...I am working on a fixes for new base so I will not have to stay on older base for long. :p

seanc240370

Dec 18, 2008
Blubbers is better than HTC's

I don't mean the 3-dot menu in apps, that's part of the Android UI for ICS. I mean the ugly 3-dot menu bar across the bottom of the screen, which is what this mod removed. (Yes, the mod also removed the in-app 3-dot icon from some apps, but not I think by design, just due to the way Android works. But then again lots of the posts in this thread were people asking to have that icon back... ;))

The official HTC version in the new update leaves the in-app 3-dot menu, but removes the one across the bottom of the screen.

It doesn't support pressing menu to get into Settings from the Home Screen, because that's not how HTC intend it to work. That was just a side effect of the changes blubbers made in his mod. It was a useful feature, but if it's not part of HTC's UI design for Sense, I guess it's not surprising it doesn't work.

No need for it on the latest base,HTC have implemented theirs which works better

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Blubbers 3 dot remover was much better than what HTC has tried to do in the 2.05 base. I still get the annoying 3 dot menu in the top right on some apps and I can't access the menu on the home screen which was handy.

HTC One X ARHD 7.1.0 Stock Kernel

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Blubbers 3 dot remover was much better than what HTC has tried to do in the 2.05 base. I still get the annoying 3 dot menu in the top right on some apps and I can't access the menu on the home screen which was handy.

HTC One X ARHD 7.1.0 Stock Kernel

Dude that top 3dot menu HAS to be there! It was bug in his mod that it removed it only bottom bar should disappear. HYC did it right as it should be! If you want it other way that it is considered mod and non stock behavior. I want to be stock and fully working (look at Samsung galaxy nexus that is stock android and it behaves exactly like HTC made that in New base - native ICS apps HAVE menu button. It is called action overflow and it is not bug but a feature!

Last edited:

sean.trinidade

Sorry for a dumb question, but this mod doesn't works on Android Revolution 7.1.0?

No. ARHD 7.1.0 is based on 2.05 which already has similar functionality built into it.

hello,is work with htc one s? or any sugestio
thanks

Probably not as it's based on the specific files for the One x. However, there are manual instructions in the dev forum that explain how you can modify your build.prop to allow it - and you could then just do that manually.

Alternatively, you could look in the actual One S forum and ask someone there! :)

chopines

Feb 25, 2009
No. ARHD 7.1.0 is based on 2.05 which already has similar functionality built into it.

Probably not as it's based on the specific files for the One x. However, there are manual instructions in the dev forum that explain how you can modify your build.prop to allow it - and you could then just do that manually.

Alternatively, you could look in the actual One S forum and ask someone there! :)

thanks man,i wait something easy. :)

bxlogic

Oct 3, 2005
Skopje
does this works with all roms and does it replaces the recent apps button with the menu button? i am using binddroid i would love to install this mod coz bindroid have problem with the menu

sean.trinidade

does this works with all roms and does it replaces the recent apps button with the menu button? i am using binddroid i would love to install this mod coz bindroid have problem with the menu

It should work on Sense based ROMS which use version 1.26, 1.28 or 1.29 (as per the OP)

Reactions: bxlogic

kkelis

Feb 27, 2007
OK I've installed this on Android Revolution 7.1.0 and now i'm stuck on boot

Now how do i go back?

Entreri

Sep 26, 2008
Just restore your Backup you certainly made prior to flashing a new mod. :)

or reflash ARHD in case you didn't make one and remember this the next time you flash *any* mod.

gigicach

Mar 18, 2012
long press stopped working

At first i worked but then when I put it on home=menu long press home just works as home and i dont have menu and when I put it on home=recent tasks the same long press home works as home and I dont have recent tasks
I tried doing factory reset bot it still didn't work and it works the same in Android Revolution HD that has those options in the settings.

htckt

Jun 18, 2012
Thank you very much! Mod works like expected, the aroma options are very cool.

The swipe to lock is also awesome and has replaced pressing the power button for me.

Thanks

All the best

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This modification will give you the full resolution for all non-ICS apps. I guess many of you have been waiting for this.

The Window-Switcher Key (right one) will be remapped to the Menu button. This key will be usable system-wide!

**update** The recent app's key is remapped to long-pressing home
    **update #2** I've made a cleaner removal of the 3-dot menu;
    -> the screen-overlay is now fully usable
    -> the keyboard has the arrow-keys
    -> no more changes to SystemUI.apk, the zip includes the stock version now
    **update #3** by popular request of the i-want-to-long press-home-as-menu fanboys, i've made a zip, fullscreen-v2-lp_home_menu.zip
    it contains stock qwerty.kl & stock SystemUI.apk
    **update #4** support for 1.28.401.9
    **update #5** Added Aroma installer
    **update #6** support for 1.29.401.7

**update #7** fixed the arrow keys I've broken in update #5, all versions

Root is required, duh

Use on deodexed ROM's based on 1.26.x/1.28.x/1.29.x only(tested on 1.26.401.2 & 1.28.401.9 & 1.29.401.7)

Use the attached aroma installer (all versions included, 1.26/1.28/1.29/stock) with CWM recovery

There are some re-odexed zip's here (I do not/will not provide odexed versions): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25533464&postcount=373 & http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25063642&postcount=279
    Ive made CWM packages for easy installation.

rev1--- without home long-press to launch recent apps
    rev2--- with home long-press to launch recent apps
    rev2-1- with home long-press to launch recent apps (compatibility fix attempt)

ver2--- code cleanup + fullscreen overlay usable + kboard arrow key

@blubbers

now we need long-press APP_SWITCH or BACK button assign to SEARCH function :D
    I managed to reodex the android.policy.jar successfully :)
    why? to use this awesome mod with stock rom!

so now the mod is usable on stock roms without using a custom or deodexed rom :)

i added a revert to stock zip in case anything goes wrong ;)

just flash with CWM but remember, only with odex stock rom!

if you don't know what odex means or not use a custom rom, this is the version for you!

edit: download should be fixed! recent version coming, had the wrong zip file :)
    i hope a 1.29 patch for stock will be posted

here you go :)

Version a - Recent key mapped to menu, and long press home mapped to app switch

version b - Recent key standard, and long press home mapped to menu

and a back to stock file

all flashable from CWM! tested by me on 1.29.401.7
    I made a flashable zip of this mod.

Get it here http: and flash in recovery.

(Thanks to Patrics83 for the script-lines to remove odex-file) ;)

Edit 08.04.2012: Link removed, obsolete ;)