Does anyone know of a finger print resistant screen protector for the touch pad?

Search This thread

fishhelmet

Dec 5, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OnePlus 11
I've been looking all over the internet and I've been unable to find anything that looks like it would keep my greasy ass hands from messing up my touchpad screen. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Sent from my HP TouchDroid

mrtomaso

May 9, 2008
I've read that rainx works for what you are trying to do.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
Zagg Skinomi BodyArmorz,

I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
I was about to suggest military shield, but I think I'm going to try skinomi because its half the price with decent reviews (via amazon). I have the military shield on my phone screen, and it is freaking awesome. Crystal clear, NEVER scratches so it seems, fairly resistant to fingerprints, and it has a nice, natural feel to it. Zagg on my cousins vibrant felt waaaaaay too sticky/tacky. Just not natural at all. Will let y'all know when I order/test the skinomi protector.

Skinomi is the same tacky crap as zagg.

Sw339

Feb 16, 2012
I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.

Reactions: mrtomaso

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I find just getting any "Matte" screen protector works wonders. It scatters light, and doesn't seem to attract fingerprints the way those other shiny guards do. I got one on Ebay for $3. Just type in Matte screen protector touchpad for a cheap solution.

Any tips on best approach to apply these where you get no bubbles and it lines up right? I suck at doing these for phones.

wpra3

May 29, 2011
Melbourne
Any tips on best approach to apply these where you get no bubbles and it lines up right? I suck at doing these for phones.

Well its pretty easy, you just need a sticky tape and a good eye.
You need to do it in a clean room, and obviously you need to clean the screen first.
If you failed at the first attempt, just peel off and try again, no harm on doing that.
The easiest way to align it is to aim for the camera hole and the home button, just make sure they are centered when u aim it.
If you have bubbles after application, this is most probably caused by dust (or just bad quality screen protector) if it is a dust, just use the sticky tape to remove the dust. The sticky tape will not leave any mark on your screen nor the screen protector.

Hope this tips will help

Reactions: famewolf

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
Putting it on in a steamy bathroom also helps keep the dust out of the air. On your first attempt, try to peel it off of the backing as you apply it, pushing trapped air out as you go. It gets a bit trickier when you have to handle the whole thing peeled off.

Reactions: famewolf

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
Okay, so after using the skinomi skin for about a week now, I have to say I like it. One of the reasons I got my stylus was because I hated fingerprint smudges on the screen, and with the skinomi, it is hard to see any smudges after multiple uses. May ditch my stylus now, who knows.

Anyways, a couple things to note:

1) as another user stated, put the skinomi on after a hot shower with the door closed. You want the mirrors good and steamed up

2) line up the home button first. My skinomi is a little off and so its closer to one edge of the screen than the other. No biggie, really, just full disclosure

3) don't worry about the camera hole so much. For one, camera doesn't work on cm9 anyways. For two, even if it seems like the skinomi is a little bit over the lens, I don't think its a big enough of a deal. You could line it up perfectly on the camera, but you run the risk of your home button being overlapped by some of the skin

4) while squeegeeing, use the included cloth to wipe up any solution that gets pushed to the edges. Maybe not necessary, but I did anyways

5) once you are done, IT WILL LOOK LIKE THE CRAPPIEST SKIN/SCREEN PROTECTOR EVER. Again, don't worry. After 2 or 3 days, it will should look great.

I would post pics, but what's the point? If anyone wants, I guess I could. anyways, for about 7 bucks, I would definitely recommend the skinomi protector. It does not feel all tacky like the zagg stuff, its actually pretty nice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well its pretty easy, you just need a sticky tape and a good eye.
    You need to do it in a clean room, and obviously you need to clean the screen first.
    If you failed at the first attempt, just peel off and try again, no harm on doing that.
    The easiest way to align it is to aim for the camera hole and the home button, just make sure they are centered when u aim it.
    If you have bubbles after application, this is most probably caused by dust (or just bad quality screen protector) if it is a dust, just use the sticky tape to remove the dust. The sticky tape will not leave any mark on your screen nor the screen protector.

Hope this tips will help
    Putting it on in a steamy bathroom also helps keep the dust out of the air. On your first attempt, try to peel it off of the backing as you apply it, pushing trapped air out as you go. It gets a bit trickier when you have to handle the whole thing peeled off.