ASUS Anounces an Audio Dock

Search This thread

clenz

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
This needs to have an extra battery, ability to charge the tablet while playing, and BT for it to be useful.

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
looks good ...

but seriously , a hands on ?
This is an audio device, this needs ears on !
How does it sound!?

i think that it will be cheaper (and better) to buy a nice 2.1 set and plug that in the transformer :)

drherron

Jan 5, 2012
Albany
I was thinking a sturdy base for charging the tablet might be a nice thing to have as well considering the number of busted up charging ports ports that are being reported

1SiK1500

Jan 20, 2012
Orlando FL
I would like it to have front facing not upward facing speakers.. That way i can use it in my office... pricing would be good to know.. lord knows with BT problems BT speakers are hit or miss...

almightywhacko

Aug 18, 2010
Meh.
Generally speaking I don't like spending money on speakers and other accessories that use proprietary connectors. Chargers and things like the keyboard are different because they have real utility and maintain the mobile nature of the device.

Speakers in the other hand... well you can get better speakers for less money most of the time, and if they use standard connectors or Bluetooth or something then you can use them with all of your devices as well as continue to use the speaker when you have upgraded or otherwise replaced the Prime.

Just my 2¢.

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
It looks great. I might get it if the price is good, since the keyboard dock has been unavailable in Singapore since 2 months ago and has never been in stock since then... deciding on either this or shipping the dock from overseas.

Bugblatter

Nov 19, 2008
I've got a Pasce Minirig connected through BT and that's pretty ideal.

I also hook-up a Wowee One to beef up the bass. Not quite hi-fi quality but not that far off.

There's no way I'd buy a speaker dock I could only use with my Prime, especially as you can't have it connected to the keyboard at the same time. I often text (using TabletTalk) while listening to music.