ROM AOKP JB 4.1.2 with Stock ICS Kernel (Droid 4 XT894)

Search This thread

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
My camera is not working on the 11/19 build. Cleared data and cache in the camera/gallery. Still nothing. Just comes up as a blank screen. Any ideas?

Edit: Upon further investigation it is the gallery that force closes when opening the camera. The blank screen comes after I clear cache and data for the gallery app and try to open camera.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

Last edited:

niko99

May 15, 2008
Maybe Hash finally fix the camera flash light issue and auto-rotate in stock JB rom's that will be awsome, for i dont need any more :D

vyruz1986

May 5, 2009
Heist op den Berg
Here's the link to the 24/11 build:
http://d-h.st/ha9

I applied the following changes for GSM to the build.prop:
Code:
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
ro.telephony.default_network=3
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0
ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0
ro.mot.lte_on_cdma=0
ro.telephony.default_network=3
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength 
persist.sys.moto_oem_telephony=false
persist.sys.moto_imsi_fix=false
ro.config.not_world_phone=true

Just flashed it, first impressions:
- screen resizing bug is still present
- audio works without bluetooth, but not without bluetooth...

That last one is a real showstopper for me, I have a 2-hour commute each day where I have to use my cars bluetooth carkit to make phone calls...

Reactions: niko99

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
Fixed up the build (11/25) with the most recent AOKP boot animation.

Thanks for the boot animation fix! DLing now.

Suggestion: You might want include the links to your dropbox and dev-host folders in your original post because signatures aren't visible in tapatalk. Unless there is a setting I am missing.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

xbleem

Jun 16, 2009
GSM Data

Hi

tryed some Settings on latest build.
Worldphone on/off, GSM Only, GSM/WCDMA etc. but no data is working
APNs are there on default with correct settings but wont run.

anyone the same problem?

Carrier is O2 Germany and Swisscom Switzerland. Both dont work

Thanks

blustosa

Jun 21, 2008
East Lansing
I suspect this will be a no and it is a hardware problem with my phone, but anyways;

anyone having issues with their mic? As in not really capturing the voice well?

panamakevin

I suspect this will be a no and it is a hardware problem with my phone, but anyways;

anyone having issues with their mic? As in not really capturing the voice well?

Yeah, my mic almost never captures my voice for the voice recognition stuff (google now works, but out side of that I have yet to see it work)

Sent from my XT894 using xda app-developers app

blustosa

Jun 21, 2008
East Lansing
Is anyone having problems when receiving a call it freezes for ~10 seconds before it lets you pick it up?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I've had this problem on several devices, regardless of rom installed; usually it has to do with your screen-off settings for setcpu with underclocking, which will slow down your device and make it harder to wake up and process the phone call. If you're underclocking screenoff perhaps try upping that a bit and see how it reacts?

meirg

Jun 29, 2010
Beit Shemesh, Israel
I didn't underclock. Which app do you use to change specific speeds, like for standby? What governor should I be using? Thanks very much

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP JB Rom with Stock ICS Kernel

The one on rombot is a couple of days old so I have updated with one I build on 10/16.

Built from Hashcode and DHackers source. Give thanks to them!

Read this thread on how to install and thank Hashcode: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886935

Link to Droid 4 folder with some roms, inverted gapps, safestrap, tools, etc:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhmmrku5e4x8boj/hbd5BE-Nae or here: http://d-h.st/users/jsnweitzel

Use safestrap 3.05

Android 4.1.2

Working Camera now, no flash though.

As usually doing this stuff can break your device.
    AOKP GSM edition, stock kernel. works fine.
    http://d-h.st/rFH
    I just updated the op with a build I did this morning.
    I don't think the caps lock and ok key work in any of the jb roms. You can double click the shift key for all caps. Anyone have them working?

After I straightened out the arrow keys, the OK key started working as usual in Connectbot. It must have been looking for a particular layout and giving up when it didn't see what it expected.

I've found that setting CapsLock to Alt doesn't actually do anything useful, probably because nothing in the Keymaps file has anything defined for its Alt position.

Oh, and the CapsLock key wasn't working because the file had "CAPS" but the correct keyword is "CAPS_LOCK" - so it's working for that on mine now.

The SYM key used to bring up a dialog box with special characters, now it just brings up a dialog to select Input Method. That appears to be a JB-specific thing. Makes it pretty useless.
    Never mind the build.prop settings, they may be a red herring. It looks like every other reboot, data fails because the RIL is unable to read the IMSI because the SIM card isn't ready yet when it tries.

I've also found that I can successfully reset the RIL and get data working by going into Airplane mode, then in a root shell kill the existing rild, which forces it to restart. After it restarts toggle back out of Airplane mode and data is working.

Back to keymaps - also the arrow keys are all set to the wrong directions. I've manually edited my omap4-keypad.kl file to fix these issues.

On the RIL settings for GSM:

I can enable the new build.prop values DHacker has been working on which add the same data toggles specifically for these fixes. Allows the user to enable/disable certain RIL features via settings until it works right.