[Q] Connect as usb drive, with drive letter in Explorer

Search This thread

Mike Austin

Sep 24, 2009
Bristol
When I connect my T325 to Win7 via usb, I see 'Galaxy Tab' with subfolders 'Card' and 'Tablet' in Explorer. Is there any way to get drive letters for these? From what I have read here for other devices, this does not seem to be possible.
Also, how do I get to Storage Settings > USB PC connections? It is not on the menu. I can only get there via the notification dropdown after I have connected the USB.

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
When I connect my T325 to Win7 via usb, I see 'Galaxy Tab' with subfolders 'Card' and 'Tablet' in Explorer. Is there any way to get drive letters for these? From what I have read here for other devices, this does not seem to be possible.
Also, how do I get to Storage Settings > USB PC connections? It is not on the menu. I can only get there via the notification dropdown after I have connected the USB.
Yeah, you can't. It's MTP, not USB Mass Storage, so no drive-level (cluster-support) access. No drive letters. Possibly you could create a symlink (but not a junction or hard link) for a directory; would that be sufficient?

Mike Austin

Sep 24, 2009
Bristol
Yeah, you can't. It's MTP, not USB Mass Storage, so no drive-level (cluster-support) access. No drive letters. Possibly you could create a symlink (but not a junction or hard link) for a directory; would that be sufficient?
I doubt it. I would really like to be able to use FreeFileSync on my PC, and some batch files, for three-way backing up desktop -> laptop -> notepad. The nearest I can get to this is with an OTG usb drive and an Android app for folder sync.