[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
But when team working together - that much better.
For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
CyanogenMod Developers,
Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.

Last edited:

Zachary57

Feb 2, 2011
This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.
It's ALPHA version of something, that someday will become perfect rom for our phone.
If i say alpha — i mean: if something work — very well. If something don't — just say it to me, in mine plan to make everything work.
BTW, it even can just don't get booted... Yes, it also possible.
Moscow wasn't constructed in one day, so be patient.

Link:
12.10.2011 build 21:26(gmt+4)

As far i can say what works:

touchscreen,
audio,
gsm phone.

Nothing else i haven't tested yet.

Installing instructions:

Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

Credits:
CyanogenMod Developers,
Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovek, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, hill rsm, 13racer...
People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.

You mean that you want to do a ROM with all work include radio FM ?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Thanks a bunch fjfalcon! But I couldn't get it to boot, stuck at logo so far, gonna try again...

***3rd time pulling battery and still can't get it to boot, and can't press volume up to get back to openrecovery so I guess I have to rsd sbf again...

***Do I need Mz's bootfix?

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
No tryed it did not work.
Could not get Russian sbf to flash trying UK see if it will boot.
Confuse if it will not boot why post a.link

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

molohov

Dec 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Lenovo P11
Thanks a bunch fjfalcon! But I couldn't get it to boot, stuck at logo so far, gonna try again...

***3rd time pulling battery and still can't get it to boot, and can't press volume up to get back to openrecovery so I guess I have to rsd sbf again...

***Do I need Mz's bootfix?

I had to RSD it :( It's not clear from the OP, but I think he said he can't get it to boot right now.

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
Is there any fundamental difference between this one vs. JY's CM7 with Mioze's patch?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Just a reminder that ORXT720 has a reinstall utility. If you use that after installing an untested ROM you're very likely to be able to keep OpenRecovery working.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Good advice Mz never thought of using it for that, I guess that was the intention for use lol. Yeah it won't boot as of now but I'm sure fjfalcon is working hard, like he said Moscow wasn't built in a day and surely our XT's are always under construction! lol.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
The big difference would be interal storage right know 125 with our own it would be 250 mb.
I would like to have that space for apps.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
If anybody has a Russian 2.1 sbf please post a link.
Thanks.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
The Russian sbf is no good already tired it thanks for the try.

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
As i said it's not stable.
In next version i think we get it working.
Next build will be making today.. in some hours.

Btw, i have added one file to last build.
It may boot now..
New version.. will check it by myself soon.

Damn! found why it not get booted.
Sorry everyone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.