error er06 after intalling the update to 2.3.6

Search This thread

calimove

Dec 13, 2009
I am starting this post for those who may run into this problem. after installing 2.3.6 my WiFi icon was in red. So wifi calling was not working. In my case it was the Sim card not matching the phone. When i bought the SII i had installed the new Sim which came in the box. well within the 14 days i took it back and swapped the phone. well i didn't swap the cards. I had taken the new card from the first SII and put it in the second SII. So i had to call Tmo and have them update their system. It took about 10 min then my icon changed to blue and it worked.

Don't know if this is the fix for all er06 code issues but this was my solution.

bmozaffari

Jun 10, 2009
I had ER06 as well. I flashed 10 different times back and forth with ODIN and tried everything you can imagine! I have the new SIM card. I had the following error stack in my logcat:

I/COMMON ( 7070): getImpu#Device impu: []
I/WARNING ( 7070): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not parse input ''. Input must be in format <schema>:<name>@<domain>
I/ConnectorService( 7070): Code{description='IMPU missing (c) OTA did not succeed'}
W/System.err( 7070): AkaException [reason=Code{description='IMPU missing (c) OTA did not succeed'}]
W/System.err( 7070): at javax.microedition.ims.DefaultStackContext.checkAk aIntegrity(DefaultStackContext.java:352)
W/System.err( 7070): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I/ConnectorService( 7070): onBind#intent = Intent { act=javax.microedition.ims.android.IConfiguration }
I/ConnectorService( 7070): onBind#error: StackErrorBinder [iError=IError [errorCode=24, message=IMPU missing (c) OTA did not succeed, reasonData=ER06]]
I/ServiceInterfaceHolder( 7910): Binded successfully to remote connector service: {javax.microedition.ims/javax.microedition.ims.android.ConnectorService}
I/ServiceInterfaceHolder( 7910): remote connection state service is not null
I/ServiceInterfaceHolder( 7910): finally cyclicBarrier
E/IPService( 7910): openConfiguration()# unable to open connection: IMPU missing (c) OTA did not succeed

I It turned out to be something on the TMobile side. Thanks to mstrk242, if it wasn't for his post, I would have never imagined this could be something on the tmobile side. I talked to support 4 times and once insisted that it must be something with my SIM card not being registered but they checked the SIM serial number and said everything was good. Finally it turned out they had to do something on their side. Here is my last chat with them for everyone's reference:

tmobile: Okay, we will get the issue resolved.
Me: ?
tmobile: May you verify when you updated the software?
Me: two days ago
tmobile: May you also verify your address for me please?
Me: [redacted]
tmobile: I want to advise that we will have to update the accoutn and then the change made will take up to 2 hours to be fully provisioned.
tmobile: This may be the issue with the wifi calling.
Me: ok, so I try again in a few hours?
tmobile: Yes, but I need to update the address; may you verify it for me?
Me: I just did
tmobile: Thank you.
Me: so is that it for now?
tmobile: Yes, and thank you.
Me: ok, thank you
tmobile: Please allow up to 2 hiurs for it to be fully provisioned.
tmobile: Thank you for choosing T-mobile Chat, have a great day!

mstrk242

Apr 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Glad my post helped :)

Also, don't think this is just us. It's the entire new wifi calling system on tmobile. The amaze has the exact same problem with the update they just got recently as well.

idunn

Feb 4, 2011
have been having the same error ER06. been on chat and phone w/ tmobile for ever. this is what they are doing now:

_Rose W: I have did resend the signal to your SIM card. I have made sure your address is correct.

_Rose W: I had to reset option in the system.

idunn

Feb 4, 2011
E911 address is for an ER99, i think its just a troubleshooting step. still fubar'd for Wi-Fi calling

mstrk242

Apr 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
E99 error is easy to fix. Go to tmobiles website and put in the e911 address. Login or create an account then edit your profile, its under there.

Also keep in mind after tech support (for the sim card error) sends the fixes it can still take a while before it registers. Just leave it on for a while and it should turn blue eventually .

bmozaffari

Jun 10, 2009
have been having the same error ER06. been on chat and phone w/ tmobile for ever. this is what they are doing now:

_Rose W: I have did resend the signal to your SIM card. I have made sure your address is correct.

_Rose W: I had to reset option in the system.

I have "Wheres My Droid" installed and it's supposed to alert me if my phone is stolen and someone has changed its SIM card. Guess what? When they "fixed" my wifi calling issue, it alerted me upon the next restart. Once I went into the app, it appeared that it had previously been able to read the SIM card serial number from the SIM but not the phone number. Now the phone number also appeared, so it thought this was a new SIM card.

If you're getting ER06, my suggestion is you go download the above free app, see if it can load both your SIM serial number and phone number. If it can't load the latter, that's the problem you need to get fixed and they can do it remotely on their side. This is in line with the error stack I posted.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I/COMMON ( 7070): getImpu#Device impu: []

Now that it's fixed, I get:

getImpu#Device impu: [sip:1555xxxxxxx@msg.pc.t-mobile.com]

where 1555xxxxxxx is actually my phone number.

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
Er06 & er99

I also have this same issue, T-Mobile went as far as Sending me a new SGS2 and giving me a new free sim card. I now get ER99 Unable to connect error. T-mobile said its a known issue related to router configurations.. I'll find out if it is that when I try and connect to my wifi at work, even though I tried 3 different wireless networks and have the same issue. I had T-Mobile remove wifi calling and readd it, that still didnt fix the issue. Anyways they sent me a new phone with no screen blobs or lines... lol

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
I also have this same issue, T-Mobile went as far as Sending me a new SGS2 and giving me a new free sim card. I now get ER99 Unable to connect error. T-mobile said its a known issue related to router configurations.. I'll find out if it is that when I try and connect to my wifi at work, even though I tried 3 different wireless networks and have the same issue. I had T-Mobile remove wifi calling and readd it, that still didnt fix the issue. Anyways they sent me a new phone with no screen blobs or lines... lol

I'm pretty sure That ER99 is the 911 error in have to go to tmobile. Com and login or register if u don't have an. And go to edit profile and input your address. After I did that I was good 2minutes later

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
I'm pretty sure That ER99 is the 911 error in have to go to tmobile. Com and login or register if u don't have an. And go to edit profile and input your address. After I did that I was good 2minutes later

wrong, no its not, believe me I know after spending 6+ hrs with t-mobile customer care. I've had e911 on my phone since the vibrant had wifi calling

Its a network related issue, and the tech said he has talked to the developer and they are working on a fix for the next OTA update

emceeaye

Jun 12, 2011
samsung galaxy s 2 er06 error wifi calling problem

I've been getting the er 06 sim card not ready error as well for the past week and a half ever since I completed the software update. then, after speaking with technical support at t-mobile they told me to go to a t mobile store and get a new sim card that's compatible with wifi calling for this phone. I was still get the same error message and the wifi calling icon still being red. then I took the suggestion of some people in this thread and on another threadssue elsewhere to update my 911 address in my t mbile account online.

Then about 20 minutes later, the red wifi calling icon turned blue, the error message disappeared and now the feature works.

I hope that help someone out there.

txlonghorn321

Dec 26, 2011
I've had the problem sporadically too. Sometimes it works like a charm. Other times it stays red until I reboot the phone. I checked the "Where's my Droid" app for the info on my sim card/phone number. That showed everything, but I was still showing the wifi calling as red...I wonder if it's related to the mod we're running?

Esevw

May 31, 2010
Puyallup
I had this issue when i turned on wifi calling and i called t-mobile and gave them the number on the sim that came with the phone. They said i would get an sms telling me it was ready in a few hrs. Actually i got the update and wifi calling worked in about ten minutes :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah you're confusing er09 with er99. (09 is the e911)