sense 4.0

Search This thread
I had a similar problem..I tried reinstalling ICS and after 2 days of trying I ended up wiping everything and reflashed it. Works fine now. No simple way to fix, at least that I know of..

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

When you say "reflash", i guess that you mean the factory re-set tab that's on the phone. Sorry, but i'm new to Android, and don't know all the terminology yet.

Newt

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+
I'll be happy if i just get my screen animations back! Now that i have ICS & Sense 3.6, i don't get my wiper on the screen when it rains. Major Bummer.:mad:

What you do is remove your clock widget from the homescreen then add it back when it asks if you want full screen animations say yes boom animations...

;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

What you do is remove your clock widget from the homescreen then add it back when it asks if you want full screen animations say yes boom animations...

;)

Did it, but still no leaves blowing during "wind", and no wiper going during "rain". The demo does show nice lightning during "thunderstorms". Thanks for trying though.;)

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
When you tap on the weather widget, then go into the "demo" mode, does it show all the proper animations? This answer will be a big help to me, thanks.:)

Interestingly enough the demo does not show me the videos the widget shows me. I.E. the "Rain" demo video just shows me rain, but I swear to you 100% i saw the windshield wiper yesterday

Edit: The "Demo" videos are only the videos you see from inside the weather widget, not the on screen animations. Right now I'm mostly cloudy, so i get the "Cloudy" video in the weather widget, but on my home screen i just get clouds flying in from the side.

Last edited:
Reactions: grunt0300
Interestingly enough the demo does not show me the videos the widget shows me. I.E. the "Rain" demo video just shows me rain, but I swear to you 100% i saw the windshield wiper yesterday

Edit: The "Demo" videos are only the videos you see from inside the weather widget, not the on screen animations. Right now I'm mostly cloudy, so i get the "Cloudy" video in the weather widget, but on my home screen i just get clouds flying in from the side.

O.K., thanks. Here in SW Florida, we haven't gotten the rains yet. I'm going to my local AT&T store tomorrow, and check out some other Android phones in "demo" mode. I'll get to the bottom of this, and post my results. Thanks for your help.:)

Animations?

O.K. Here's the word from my AT&T tech. All animations on Vivid are still good. They don't show in demo mode, but do show in widget mode (when activated by outside weather). The "animation" tab within Display Mode was on Gingerbread, but was incorporated with "sounds" tab on ICS. He doesn't know why, because he had a lot of people asking the same question, so he got the answer himself from Tech Support. He told me that if i felt that i had a corrupted version of ICS, i should call Tech Support (611), and they will send another copy of ICS to my phone. If i want to downgrade, back to GB, i'm S.O.L. That's it folks.:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did it, but still no leaves blowing during "wind", and no wiper going during "rain". The demo does show nice lightning during "thunderstorms". Thanks for trying though.;)

That don't make sense works for me but I'm using sense 4

When you tap on the weather widget, then go into the "demo" mode, does it show all the proper animations? This answer will be a big help to me, thanks.:)

Haha never expected those animations to be a major selling point for anyone.

Press and drag your clock to the edit box. Select your location and then after doing so you can press the box to enable animations. ;)