FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2011, 07:32 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian1985

I've got 1 problem. I can only read 1 SD-card at the time. Is there another way?
Is it maby that simple to put WP7 on one SD and Android on another?

I only used my HD2 as SD reader. I copied the wp7 partition to my hard drive. In fact I still have it there in case I want to use it again.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

17th January 2011, 07:44 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Ok, after editing the init.rc correctly, i got phone functioning but not wifi...

So I have the same problem as attractor

But now we are getting really closer, I have 2 ideas which I will try out now...
17th January 2011, 08:29 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola7

Ok, after editing the init.rc correctly, i got phone functioning but not wifi...

So I have the same problem as attractor

But now we are getting really closer, I have 2 ideas which I will try out now...

Nice to know it works for you now.

Wifi works without any modification here, hope you didn't change the kernel or any other thing apart from the rootfs.img file?
The Following User Says Thank You to daysey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daysey Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 09:15 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencaslan

yes there is...follow the instructions in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=64 .

Dammn my englisch is not that good. But...I will give It a try tomorrow. I've been bysy whole day and finally got my WP7 registered. I want to test WP7 and make use of It and I want to text with friends over Whatsapp so that's why I want to use both.

It will be hard, but not inpossible:P

Thanx
17th January 2011, 09:19 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysey

Wifi works without any modification here, hope you didn't change the kernel or any other thing apart from the rootfs.img file?

Ok man, thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW: How did you edit the init.rc EXACTLY....
I mean, I edited the file like I describe in my tutorial (which I have to edit soon too lol): Mount rootfs.img with Gizmo, open init.rc with word pad, add nand_init (in the correct line) and then hit the save button and close word pad. Unmount using Gizmo again and then obviously copy the Android folder to sd card...

I don't get what I did wrong...I mean it's clear for the first tries...but after you wrote today that I put nand_init in the worng line I edited it correctly and it STILL didn't work... But replacing the init.rc file with your attachement works...

So please describe me what steps you took to edit the file!!!!

Greetz Dom

EDIT: PEOPLE...LOOK AT DAYSEY...HE IS THE HERO OF THE MONTH (at least for me) Cotulla is okay too
17th January 2011, 09:20 PM |#106  
Flag SouthSide of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian1985

I've got 1 problem. I can only read 1 SD-card at the time. Is there another way?
Is it maby that simple to put WP7 on one SD and Android on another?

Yeah, you can have one sd for android and one for wp7... that's what I do so I have plenty of space in each os... I have my 16gb card for wp7 and my 32gb card for my android builds... I got a microsd card sized square cut out of the foam on the backplate of my hd2 to store the extra microsd card so I don't lose it, and just switch the card when I want to switch OS's. I think I might get another 32gb card for wp7 so I'll have 32gb in each OS. I like keeping a lot of music, psx roms, and comic books on my phone, so I don't want to have to split a 32gb between the 2 OS's, and I don't think it's too big of a deal to switch sd cards to switch to a different os completely, so this setup works well for me.
17th January 2011, 10:01 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsy

for now , maybe not

Partition 1 (FAT32) Expanded from 200MB to 13GB
Partition 2 (Unformatted) Exact copy from 1645MB from my 2GB SD CARD

Followed instructions for MAGLDR 112
SUPERRAM1.5 (with LETAMA) initgz

Dual boot now working, Fantastic!

Next is to get Live working, Activation and also .XAP installers

you lucky one.
it seems to start superram here here, but it freezes...
what a pity
17th January 2011, 10:29 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysey

Hi Daysey,

I was having the same issue as ricola7 as I was using his method.

I spent 2 days trying to solve this issue.

I an equipped for Windows dev but not Android.

Would there be any way to get an edited init file for this build:

http://htcpedia.com/forum/htc-hd2-ro...-sense%5D.html

It has gauner1986 kernel which worked great for me.

I am attaching a zip of the roots img file. This one does not yet work as wifi is not working.

If anyone is fluent in android, it would be appreciated if they could unzip the attached file and edit it to add the nand_init as I can't seem to get it working with my windows tools. I believe you need cpio or something.

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: zip rootfs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.95 MB, 13 views)
17th January 2011, 11:25 PM |#109  
Flag S'pore/M'sia/KCH
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
Wink
darrengladysz,

Many many thanks for the nice and clear tutorial, now i m running two hottest smart phone OS on my more than one year old phone ... yes,

HD2- the most powerful smart phone ever, thanks to all for make it happened.
17th January 2011, 11:27 PM |#110  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints5354

darrengladysz,

Many many thanks for the nice and clear tutorial, now i m running two hottest smart phone OS on my more than one year old phone ... yes,

HD2- the most powerful smart phone ever, thanks to all for make it happened.

Can't seem to get any Android build booting past the green HTC logo, am I being too impatient, or should I have to wait 15 mins or more for a first boot off of SD?
18th January 2011, 12:34 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
[QUOTE=ricola7;10683280]Ok man, thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get the wifi working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)