Thanks Meter: 5

By madman34, Senior Member on 13th March 2008, 12:41 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
11th May 2008, 08:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmite

madman34, one one unit we have so far that has died did not entirely die. It would appear if the spl gets wiped out on a msm7xxx series device using comm core as cpu it has a failsafe mode if the oemsbl/qcsbl are still present. The device goes into download mode on boot and sits there.

Since you stated you worked for qualcomm, can you shed any light on this and how we might possibly be able to write nand from download mode? Or get back to debug mode instead?

This is where mine is stuck. Thanks to these forums I can at least put it into "Download Mode." I will gladly ship you mine to screw with.
17th May 2008, 07:18 AM |#22  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hey Madman,

did you happen to see this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=372305
JockyW seems to have found a way to get past a 2a brick with a new program called Frankenkaiser.

Take a look and see it is an easier way to possibly unbrick than the jtag route. Although it may be specific to Kaiser.

Mac
2nd July 2008, 05:07 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Not forgotten
Greetz all,
Yes I am looking at that now. Ikon was nice enough to send me his bricked unit and I have been pokeing around and been able to write to and read from memory. I did gently take it apart and did a very good look see and find no evidence of an organized jtag interface, but that is not so bad because the unit can still be talked to and if I can adapt a bootloader to it and get it to the right place I think there will be life again. I have put it back together and the only evidence is the voided label so it will still be a good looking unit when I get it fixed for IKON ;) and I will ;)
14th August 2008, 10:50 PM |#24  

More
Hey guys, im having the same exact red light problem.... has anything been resolved yet? i just bought my mogul ne woff of ebay.. didnt even get to activate it.. :[ the phone got bricked after installing the 3.27.00 radio... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377480
i've had the 6700 for almost 3yrs...so i still have hope since there was always afix for everything on that thing... any updates?
27th August 2008, 06:26 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman34

Greetz all,
Yes I am looking at that now. Ikon was nice enough to send me his bricked unit and I have been pokeing around and been able to write to and read from memory. I did gently take it apart and did a very good look see and find no evidence of an organized jtag interface, but that is not so bad because the unit can still be talked to and if I can adapt a bootloader to it and get it to the right place I think there will be life again. I have put it back together and the only evidence is the voided label so it will still be a good looking unit when I get it fixed for IKON ;) and I will ;)

Who needs a warranty with guys like you on here.
12th January 2009, 11:38 AM |#26  
Flag bronx
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I got one stuck on download mode
14th January 2009, 08:16 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Not giving up, just slow
Hey guys,
I am still on this every chance I get. I am able to talk to the thing but have not yet got the correct file to upload to it to make it boot. Still kicking at it.
11th September 2010, 04:00 AM |#28  

More
JTAG Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman34

Hey guys,
I am still on this every chance I get. I am able to talk to the thing but have not yet got the correct file to upload to it to make it boot. Still kicking at it.

Let us know if the device was unbricked ?

I´m really interested on JTAG stuff because I need some help, let me explain:

I have little JTAG experience on broadcom based routers like the famous WRT54G, but now I´m searching for information about JTAG on cell phones, by now I have to try on a lovely remembered Kyocera Slider SE47 dead some years ago (bad flashed with se47.exe util), but with the hope that someday I can have the time and knowledge for bring it back to life... I have the service manual and located the JTAG pins but I don´t have the required cable and most important the required software, can you please help me? can you share with me schematics to construct cable and software to comunicate with the phone, have a MSM5100 processor with flash chips ST M32W655D...

Have a nice day.

Thanks.
15th June 2012, 12:26 AM |#29  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can you JTAG my mogul? I know this is an old thread but I attempted to flash my mogul and ended up getting it stuck in the bootloader. And it doesn't wanna cooperate with me
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread