FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[9/4/2012] Titan Reloaded M2D 1.3.4 with Kitchen (continuing Round 4 Reloaded devel)

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By bitserve, Senior Member on 23rd December 2008, 06:09 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
3rd January 2009, 05:20 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any chance in excluding Icontact from your next rom? IContact to me seems to be less productive and not as intuitive as the standard windows mobile contacts.

None of the other windows apps perform like IContacts.

Just a thought.
3rd January 2009, 07:16 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink

any chance in excluding Icontact from your next rom? IContact to me seems to be less productive and not as intuitive as the standard windows mobile contacts.

None of the other windows apps perform like IContacts.

Just a thought.

Don't expect much for this next release. It's going to be the 1.01. Fix the two known issues, try to duplicate the gmail problem and fix it. Try to get M2D to give up the the OK button, and kick out the kitchen (which I've been meaning to clean up). The kitchen should get you the ROM minus iContact, if that's what you want.

The upcoming releases after this weekend will be getting further away from the original ROM. One thing that I'm working on is modifying iContact source to fit the M2D theme better. While I'm doing this, what usability problems are you having with it?

I really was thinking of adding an A-Z quick menu along the right like the new contact manager in the touch pro and getting rid of the icon buttons, which I have no use for. If you have some ideas, please let me know.

As far as navigating contacts without a stylus, I feel that the default contact manager is currently worse.
3rd January 2009, 01:37 PM |#23  

More
IContact Funtionality
1st Gripe:
I would like to be able to scroll backward to get from A-Z and back to A without having to go from the top where A starts and scrolling all the way back down just to get to Z when a simple back scroll would get me there.

2nd Gripe:
When I find a contact that I would like to call I should be able to push the green phone button to start a call, however, I am forced to go into the contact and select the phone number again.

Third gripe.
Phone numbers are very small compared to the contact name.

4th Gripe:
Call History should look and feel like icontact to provide a consistant look and feel when working with phone numbers.

Thanks for keeping the Titan alive with new rom development.
3rd January 2009, 01:47 PM |#24  

More
TouchFlo
Is there a way to add a contact Tab for TouchFlo?
4th January 2009, 01:56 AM |#25  
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I will flash DCD onto my Mogul and compare the gmail settings between it and my XV6800. Maybe I can help figure something out.
4th January 2009, 06:50 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

More
Quote:

1st Gripe: ...

Thanks for the feedback. I think we're on the same page here.

Quote:

Is there a way to add a contact Tab for TouchFlo?

The people tab is good enough for me. I guess I don't call that many people. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I guess when I rewrite iContact, I can see if it can be hacked into one of the unused tabs. I doubt that my hex editing and disassembly skills are that good, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizle

I will flash DCD onto my Mogul and compare the gmail settings between it and my XV6800. Maybe I can help figure something out.

I set up a gmail account today and had no problems sending and receiving e-mail. Those having problems may want to check out this page:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78799

Note that your username for authentication is your full e-mail address, that you need to enable SMTP authentication, and when setting up the outgoing server, make sure and click on the advanced settings link and enable SSL for both incoming and outgoing.

One other thing. Make sure and configure the client not to download all of your messages, or even all of the message, or attachments. I always just use the last three days and the first 5K.

If you're still having problems, please provide a step by step to duplicate. Thank you.
4th January 2009, 09:22 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitserve

Thanks for the feedback. I think we're on the same page here.

The people tab is good enough for me. I guess I don't call that many people. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I guess when I rewrite iContact, I can see if it can be hacked into one of the unused tabs. I doubt that my hex editing and disassembly skills are that good, though.

I am not sure why people actually like Icontacts vs the standard contacts? Is it just the simple wow factor that allows them to say "Hey, my phone has one program that looks like the IPhone"? Oh well, everyone likes things for different reasons.

I use my phone for business, so I have all my customers listed. I do like the idea of the People tab since I could put in my most frequently called people.

I will continue to use your ROM and provide feedback. However, I am unable to use TouchFlo since I have now quick way to get to my much needed contact list.
5th January 2009, 09:12 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

More
Quote:

I am not sure why people actually like Icontacts vs the standard contacts? Is it just the simple wow factor that allows them to say "Hey, my phone has one program that looks like the IPhone"?

Titan Reloaded 1.1 is up as well as the kitchen. You can leave out iContact if you want by using the kitchen. For those that like iContact, the new version is included (7.0.1).

I like iContact because it's finger friendly. I don't need to get my stylus out to make a call. How many contacts do you think one needs before iContact becomes unusable for finding contacts quickly? Have you tried the directory icon?
5th January 2009, 10:24 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
bitserve,
Update your subject or start a new thread to get more attention.
5th January 2009, 11:32 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

1st Gripe:

2nd Gripe:
When I find a contact that I would like to call I should be able to push the green phone button to start a call, however, I am forced to go into the contact and select the phone number again.

If you press and hold the contact on the screen you will see a bar from left to right. when it reaches to the 100% it will dial that contact.
6th January 2009, 02:22 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitserve

Titan Reloaded 1.1 is up as well as the kitchen. You can leave out iContact if you want by using the kitchen. For those that like iContact, the new version is included (7.0.1).

I like iContact because it's finger friendly. I don't need to get my stylus out to make a call. How many contacts do you think one needs before iContact becomes unusable for finding contacts quickly? Have you tried the directory icon?

Is there a way to go directly to the directory when opening icontact? This would cut down on a key stroke.

Also, how does one get to the contacts from Touchflo? I do not see a tab available for it. I will install this new version later tonight or tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Thanks for the update.

btw, i use the regular contacts without a stylus all the time.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread