FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Battery Status (v4.6.1.1) - Telerik controls, icon sets, globalization and more

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 314

By singularity0821, Senior Member on 1st November 2011, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2012, 09:47 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this is going to be a big ask, but given that this app uses native code, do you think there is anyway to make a background update that would work on lumia 610?

I know ms have disabled PeriodicTask and ResourceIntensiveTask, but is it possible to do anything in native code? I'm not really sure what is possible with native code in WP7.5
20th June 2012, 10:57 PM |#502  
Flag North East Coast
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
I was just wondering, is it possible that this app could or would have a conflict with the customization cabs from here --> http://xboxmod.sylvester20007.com/CA...SHORTCUTS.CAB/

I ask because when I installed:
DEV_SHORTCUT_BLUETOOTH.cab
DEV_SHORTCUT_LOCATION.cab
DEV_SHORTCUT_SOUND.cab
DEV_SHORTCUT_WIFI.cab

+ This Battery App, the phone went in to a blank black srceen and I was unable to recover, I tried a hard reset but no luck, so I just basiclly had to load up the main boot loader and start from scratch --> install stock rom --> Magldr 1.13 --> Custom Wp7 rom --> all update cabs --> Sp1 Cab. And I could not even recover my sd card so I had to get another one. Not even with this tool --> http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-...l-Format-Tool/

Unless there is another App that could have created the conflict and Fubarded the OS, and I don't have a lot of apps installed so It would be much easier to figure out, I guess.

Dre
23rd June 2012, 01:31 AM |#503  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtdreTheArchangel

... And I could not even recover my sd card so I had to get another one. Not even with this tool --> http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-...l-Format-Tool/

If you're already running a custom rom, you could try this or this to unlock your other "locked" card.
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderPsp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EnderPsp Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 06:23 AM |#504  
Flag North East Coast
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderPsp

If you're already running a custom rom, you could try this or this to unlock your other "locked" card.

I was not sure if putting in the locked sd crad in to the phone that is up and running wiit a different sd card would work, but I already have the cab sender tool + the tools for x64 / x86.

I will give it a try, but the reason why I could not recover the other sd card is because the phone was in a never ending reboot cycle and when it was not it was just at blank screen showing the battery icon & wifi / 3G icons.

And that is why I wondering if there could have been a conflict with the cab files I installed and this battery tool?

Thank you for the tips and see where I end up.

Dre
23rd June 2012, 02:55 PM |#505  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtdreTheArchangel

I was not sure if putting in the locked sd crad in to the phone that is up and running wiit a different sd card would work, but I already have the cab sender tool + the tools for x64 / x86.

I will give it a try, but the reason why I could not recover the other sd card is because the phone was in a never ending reboot cycle and when it was not it was just at blank screen showing the battery icon & wifi / 3G icons.

And that is why I wondering if there could have been a conflict with the cab files I installed and this battery tool?

Thank you for the tips and see where I end up.

Dre

I honestly doubt that it was any cab conflict, imho that is more of a custom rom thing (reboot/stuck at samsung logo).
Another way to recover your card (btw) is to format it in a Symbian phone that supports cards (newer models, like Nokia E series E71, or N series like N9x) or some photo cameras support that too. Some phones/cameras won't see the card at all, though.
29th June 2012, 02:15 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
10 min & 30 min does not consistently update, settings do not save
I periodically have to hit the "update live tile switch" every 10 or 30 minutes and hit save, because it shuts itself off on its own, it's not reliable, although I know I tapped the switch set it to check every 10 minutes and then save, hours will go buy and the live tile hasn't changed and I'll go back into the app and presto it automatically updates.

I've experienced this problem with earlier versions of this app, although its beautifully designed and well thought out because it does not consistently update and doesn't truly save my settings, it magically shuts off on its own, I take it off my start screen and stop using it.

does anybody else experience this buggy issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1163326  
3rd July 2012, 02:55 AM |#507  
Flag Logan, WV
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Figured it out. I uninstalled a bunch of little used apps that used background tasks and boom, working live tile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesikpuppy

re-install didn't work either. Could it be a conflict with another app?

Update- got it working by removing the home brew folders app.

Update 2- and now it's stopped again. Worked well for maybe 1 day after removing folders app.

3rd July 2012, 03:05 AM |#508  

More
the live tile still stops updating
I have learned to, update and save my settings every time I swap a new battery. I feel I shouldn't have to manage an app every time I switch batteries but I have learned the habit, none the less
3rd July 2012, 03:51 AM |#509  
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelito

I have learned to, update and save my settings every time I swap a new battery. I feel I shouldn't have to manage an app every time I switch batteries but I have learned the habit, none the less

If you leave it at "Update every 30 minutes" you might not have to change/touch anything with a battery swap. But as "update every 10 minutes" breaks some rules, it's the price you have to pay.
3rd July 2012, 07:21 AM |#510  

More
Ya and I swap batteries so I don't have to charge or plug in my phone, the live tile constantly fails, this is a great app on a great premise it's just too bad it does not consistently update without me doing it myself

Sent from my Titan Tango Terrific using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
4th July 2012, 11:25 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Finally got tired of dealing with this and uninstalled it. Too much trouble, and it's not getting updates anymore
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, battery status, dllimport, live tile, mango

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)