[Q] Bricked on MK2 i337

Search This thread

absoul

Jan 6, 2014
I have my GS4 in a boot-loop and I can only access download mode. I don't know whether it is possible to get the tar files for the mk2 i337 right now and i've looked around for them to no avail. I hope somebody can put me in the right direction, because i'm stuck on a flip phone until this is resolved :crying:

Thanks in advance!

FYI i'm not very tech savvy where it comes to android, explains why i'm bricked to begin with, i hope not to be a pain

Last edited:

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
I have my GS4 in a boot-loop and I can only access download mode. I don't know whether it is possible to get the tar files for the mk2 i337 right now and i've looked around for them to no avail. I hope somebody can put me in the right direction, because i'm stuck on a flip phone until this is resolved :crying:

Thanks in advance!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2526964

You need to use this guide posted by gtj0 everyone has gone through this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

odinfire

Dec 6, 2011
Lexington

Thanks in advance!

If you have CWM recovery installed, go into download mode, don't continue by pushing vol up, push vol down to exit and quickly hold vol up. It will go into recovery mode. You might have to hold the power button in at the same time. I can't remember. Anyway, you have to be quick. You'll be pulling your battery a few times until you get it. It might take a few tries, but you CAN get back into recovery. You can then flash a nandroid backup if you made one, and you can also try a factory reset from there.

Don't kill your battery though as I don't believe I'm on mk2. It might be patched.

The OP that posted before me seems to know better than I. I would suggest his route.

Last edited:

absoul

Jan 6, 2014
Was able to unbrick using the first suggestion. I wasn't too hot on using adb, it looked challenging, but it was easy enough after a video. Much appreciate the fast responses! Thanks