Trident Perseus

Search This thread

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: moeahmad1995

edekalil

Sep 16, 2011
I got one coming as I type. I will post pics and let everyone know how it is. It was $12.99 on ebay.

Got mine this last Monday. Seems great, I did notice that the buttons push very easily but that's fine with me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
I have 2 perseus's for my 3d and thinking about getting another. Combined with the trident kraken 2 the thing is indestructible...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
Never knew they still made cases for this phone. It nice to see something new for a change

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
bump... no review... no discussion whatsoever on this case.

I'm not sure if it even exists.

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Its not worth the discussion. Its basically a the Aegis without the covers and the hard shell. The Aegis is by far the better choice, and not too mich bigger than the Perseus.

I bought the Perseus and Aegis at the same time, got the Perseus before the Aegis and then sold the Perseus to a friend after being much more satisfied with the Aegis. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases.

Sent from my amazing G2X running Bionic Reloaded v1.2.1

Last edited:
Reactions: iArtisan

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
Its not worth the discussion. Its basically a the Aegis without the covers and the hard shell. The Aegis is by far the better choice, and not too mich bigger than the Perseus.

I bought the Perseus and Aegis at the same time, got the Perseus before the Aegis and then sold the Perseus to a friend after being mich more satisfied with the Aegis. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases.

Anything else you'd like to add about the cover? I'm mainly curious about how it compares to the Aegis in terms of thickness and weight.

sc2ascend

Mar 6, 2012
Toronto
It looks alright. Personally I think the aegis is superior looks-wise and I'm gonna keep rocking that. Can you post pictures if and when you get this case? What's the exact difference in thickness between this and the aegis??

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Anything else you'd like to add about the cover? I'm mainly curious about how it compares to the Aegis in terms of thickness and weight.

Well its made up of non slip silicone, so it has a nice feel to it. I would definitely feel comfortable running with it or doing any activity that would require the phone not to slip out of my hand.

Well its a little smaller than the Aegis, maybe around .15 mm. Its almost nothing. It is slightly heavier, I think because they went with a sturdier silicone on the Aegis, but I like it as my phone feels protected.

The thing that won me over was the hard shell, it makes it easier to take out of jeans (I wear jeans most of the time) than just the silicone case. The added protection is nice, as is the anti-skid feature, even though the silicone case has it as well. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases. The last thing that I love about the Aegis are the dust/water resistant covers. While obviously dunking your phone in water might not be the best idea, if you suddenly spill a drink near your phone, you don't have to worry about the exposed Micro USB and headphone ports. Obviously not the HDMI since it is already covered, but its nice to have it available as well.

Also, I can post pictures of the Aegis case if anyone requests it, I don't have the Perseus anymore but I might be able to compare for a brief moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: iArtisan

ZiZi_G2X

Aug 22, 2011

I bought the Perseus and Aegis at the same time, got the Perseus before the Aegis and then sold the Perseus to a friend after being much more satisfied with the Aegis. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases.

Your description actually sold me on this case. I hate the covers on the usb port and the double coverage of the hdmi port on the aegis and that skimpy plastic backing doesn't convince me enough of the extra protection. I think the Perseus has some promise, just like the name implies. I just ordered one, I'm sure it will be better than the lg optimus 2x kickstand case I have right now (kickstand broke off many months ago).

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
Your description actually sold me on this case. I hate the covers on the usb port and the double coverage of the hdmi port on the aegis and that skimpy plastic backing doesn't convince me enough of the extra protection. I think the Perseus has some promise, just like the name implies. I just ordered one, I'm sure it will be better than the lg optimus 2x kickstand case I have right now (kickstand broke off many months ago).

Kick stand case?! How was it before it was broken.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

ZiZi_G2X

Aug 22, 2011
Kick stand case?! How was it before it was broken.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
It's just OK.. Its a plastic case that protects the back with no protection for the front. It gets a bit more slippery, but it is a perfect fit case. The kickstand is real fragile and flimsy though and loosens up after extended use. The kickstand was kinda cool though cause I would always prop my phone up and never had to lift my phone up to see whose calling.

It is an official lg case, but there are better ones out there. I think this Perseus case will be batter.

ZiZi_G2X

Aug 22, 2011
Alright, I just received the trident Perseus case, and I really like it. I've never owned the aegis, and I have only had the lg kickstand case to really compare it too. This is hands down better than any plastic case out there. All the cutouts are perfect on this case and I have not had any issues at all with usb or 3.5mm fitment. This case provides the most grip I've ever scene on any phone, on st. paddy's day I was wobbling and swaying around the streets but this phone was stuck to my hand, no drunk drops. You'd have to be in cardiac arrest for this phone to slip out of your hands. I never really like holding my handset up to my ear because it felt uncomfortable for long periods of time, but with this case on the comfort level is optimum for that talking stance. I think the only way to top this case would be for goodyear, michelin, or pirelli to develop a non slip rubber case for our phone (which ain't gonna happen).

As for protection, the four corners have the most protection, The front bottom lip is raised for a little front screen protection.. the top of the front screen protection is kinda of skimpy and the back is very firm on the top part. The different textures on the back is a nice touch for the grip on this phone and the side grips absolutely make this phone. If you know senior citizens with smartphones, you should recommend this case (Safe for ages 10 & up). Also, the speaker and mic cover are nice touches but I really don't run into many dust storms or work on a construction site so I can't comment on their effectiveness to block out any dust particles. It's definitely worth $12.99.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know how amazing the Trident Aegis case is when it comes to protection, but some of you guys were turned off by the thickness.

http://www.cyclopscase.com/perseus-series-lg-g2x-black/

Came across this the other day - the protection of the Aegis, without losing the phone's sleek design.

Gonna order it soon, will report back on how it is.

Edit:

Ebay Link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trident-PER...ccessories&hash=item3a6fce8e7c#ht_2132wt_1270

Well its made up of non slip silicone, so it has a nice feel to it. I would definitely feel comfortable running with it or doing any activity that would require the phone not to slip out of my hand.

Well its a little smaller than the Aegis, maybe around .15 mm. Its almost nothing. It is slightly heavier, I think because they went with a sturdier silicone on the Aegis, but I like it as my phone feels protected.

The thing that won me over was the hard shell, it makes it easier to take out of jeans (I wear jeans most of the time) than just the silicone case. The added protection is nice, as is the anti-skid feature, even though the silicone case has it as well. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases. The last thing that I love about the Aegis are the dust/water resistant covers. While obviously dunking your phone in water might not be the best idea, if you suddenly spill a drink near your phone, you don't have to worry about the exposed Micro USB and headphone ports. Obviously not the HDMI since it is already covered, but its nice to have it available as well.

Also, I can post pictures of the Aegis case if anyone requests it, I don't have the Perseus anymore but I might be able to compare for a brief moment.