Google Pixel 8 Pro
You have blackscreen in incoming call ?

edit:
Now I called my phone number 5 times and I have no black screen, I can confirm

its like phone freez on incoming call:

1 u hear only ring sound
2 screen stay black
3 key backlight is on
4 after some1 stop calling u there is nothnig u can do with phone like remove battery and start phone again...

btw u said u called your phone 5 times ? u called Aria or Photon ?maybe is some diffirence wich we dont know yet....

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

look at pic
battary drain still big!!!
dysplay eat more power!!!
in sense 3,5 display eat 20 %
in your cm 9 dysplay eat 60-70 %
very strange!!!:confused:

that has nothing to battery drain....

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
A little off topic, but, the best way to have USB storage when plugged is:

- Install Multi-mount SD-card widget from market (free)
- Place it as a widget in the desktop (only work as a widget) and confirm the default configuration
- When you plug in the USB cable, automatically mount SD-card and appear in your PC as a disk until you unplug the USB
Works perfect for me (had it since first android SD-card rom)

draltus

Oct 30, 2009
isparta
You have blackscreen in incoming call ?

edit:
Now I called my phone number 5 times and I have no black screen, I can confirm

hello munjeni i did what you say.again and again. .
and report:

1- battery is better than the previous version. but unlike win mo
2- in call black screen is total 2-3 of 10 calls.

where am i doing wrong. i dont know.

Last edited:

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
At HTC Desire S are some phones with a similar behavior:
they don't come back from "black screen". It is assumed that the error is a faulty proximity sensor.
The phone only wakes up when you hold it near to a very bright light or you plug it into USB/PC cable (PC<->USB connection). Otherwise you can only pull battery with Desire S.
Maybe someone can test, if this also works with HD mini?

kowal248

Feb 10, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
At HTC Desire S are some phones with a similar behavior:
they don't come back from "black screen". It is assumed that the error is a faulty proximity sensor.
The phone only wakes up when you hold it near to a very bright light or you plug it into USB/PC cable (PC<->USB connection). Otherwise you can only pull battery with Desire S.
Maybe someone can test, if this also works with HD mini?

gonna check if some1 will call me and phone will go blackscreen.. :)

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
Install ProximityScreenOff from market
I don't have black screens since installed it

n3on_CZ

Mar 19, 2011
Prague
I can confirm, I also have black screen when incomming calls. I will try ProximityScreenOff and update you with results

$$BoRn$$

Feb 14, 2010
Hey @ all

Can anyone Help me, please??
I have only flashed HD2 until now.
My brother just want that I flash his HD Mini.
now I´ve no ideas how I can flash this Androidversion.
please give me a link or short instruction.
THX

Sorry for my bad English

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Dead of screen after a call is not problem only for photon users, its problem to most of htc devices !!! See this thread -> http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-1413248.html , its proximity sensor. I will try to dump misc_mfg partition and will see what is inside, or maybe will look in code for proximity calibration (if exist in kernel), if not exist I will try to fix that isue.

Allso, please do not turn off your proximity sensor, please try an of these aplications for example http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/S...HD-Proximity-Sensor-Recalibrator-114557.shtml ,or any other that is ussed for proximity calibration, I want to fix that for photon, so any working aplication that is good for calibration please report name here (I want to find what is the best app proximity calibrator in order to add it automaticaly in kernel so application will not be needed in future)

Last edited:

mikex2

Apr 13, 2012
Hello munjeni.. Camera fix is ok, its not blue, but after stopping rec. Camera freezes and video cannot be played. :( And do anybody know how to watch youtube videos without freezes?

But its great rom, thanks :)

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hello munjeni.. Camera fix is ok, its not blue, but after stopping rec. Camera freezes and video cannot be played. :( And do anybody know how to watch youtube videos without freezes?

But its great rom, thanks :)
Camera is fixed only in preview mode, when you shoot picture and open in galery, picture is blue :), but it will be fixed. About HQ videos, its in all cm9 builds (broken OMXcodecs), that will be fixed I think by Cyanogenmod upstream .

Found an interesting source for audio and stereo... https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/q...in;h=3c3e16fe0d52d6d14cd3f02054b5f68ceece9c14 ... interested thing is this part of code:
Code:
#define PMIC_PDEV_NAME	"rs00010001:00000000"
#define PMIC_RPC_PROG	0x30000061
#define PMIC_RPC_VER	0x00010001
and interested thing is that RPC_PROG and RPC_VERS exist booth in htc liberty and htc photon... and interested part of code is:
Code:
int pmic_spkr_en_stereo(uint enable)
{
       return pmic_rpc_set_only(enable, 0, 0, 0, 1, SPKR_EN_STEREO_PROC);
}
I managed to compile it but in dmesg I see "init rpc failed!" so something missing there :) I don't know what but maybe someone of devs look into it and get idea for possible fix for stereo

Last edited:

andy_v

Sep 3, 2009
Prague
Dead of screen after a call is not problem only for photon users, its problem to most of htc devices !!! See this thread -> http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-1413248.html , its proximity sensor. I will try to dump misc_mfg partition and will see what is inside, or maybe will look in code for proximity calibration (if exist in kernel), if not exist I will try to fix that isue.

Allso, please do not turn off your proximity sensor, please try an of these aplications for example http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/S...HD-Proximity-Sensor-Recalibrator-114557.shtml ,or any other that is ussed for proximity calibration, I want to fix that for photon, so any working aplication that is good for calibration please report name here (I want to find what is the best app proximity calibrator in order to add it automaticaly in kernel so application will not be needed in future)
DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator dosn´t work on CM7 and CM9 ´´ps_kadc not found
see:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951858

Last edited:
Reactions: rigo007

FrankOehli

Dec 24, 2010
Halle (Saale)
HTC HDmini: Feedback functionality

Hell Munjeni and Developers,

let me congratulate for the good work. What i have to say is:

• The Rom (i use 30.may for rom 24.May) is stable and better to use without reboot's (before i used photonic CM 7.2 - 2.6.35); your Version is very better and faster
  • Camera Works normal; but Video-functionality crashed also
  • RemoteControl the screen with myPhone-Explorer runs (GREAT!!!)
  • frozen Device by charging im DOWN-Mode solved
  • GPS not working :)() --> it's enabled but can not find any Sattelites --> Icon for GPS still not to seen

Ok; but general i can say: WOW! Fast and stable!
Hope for Updates next time to solve the small things and then we are all happy i think so ;-)

Reactions: rigo007

pwel

Dec 26, 2006
battery driver

Ok, the past few days I tried to get the perfect prediction of the percentage. I did not succeed. So I need your help. First I explain what we know and what we did:
The battery driver reports some values from the SMEM. These are rVolt, rTemp, rCharge, rDischarge, rID. There are two more but they are constant and not needed right now. Last year we succeeded to define the relation between these for the real voltage, current and temperature. This has been verified by data collected on windows mobile where the SMEM values and the real values are reported. In the attachment you find 4 graphs with the SMEM values during charging (up to blue line) and during discharging (beyond the blue line). As an example I also added the calculated wCurrent values and the graph with percentage as given by windows. That is the one we want to predict.
And this is more difficult. There are two methods proposed by Munjeni and Dexter. Both use the voltage as main parameter which is correct as can be seen in the graphs: it has somewhat the same behavior as the percentage. The one by Munjeni is to use a linear relation between voltage and percentage. It can be seen that this is not perfect: the percentage changes linearly in time whereas the voltage shows some changing slopes and there is an offset between charging and disharging. Adding the current into the calculation as Dexter proposed improves the prediction since it can somehow compensates for this offset but it does not compensate for the humps in voltage: look at the red line: the voltage shows a plateau, the percentage does not. So there must be another SMEM parameter with a feature around the red line that is used in the calculation to compensate for it. And this is not in the current. So we need something else here. Maybe the fresh clever guys/girls can look at the graph and give some advice?
What I did is to take the old approach and find the best values by fitting data from datasets of 6 users during charging and discharging at the same time. If we can’t think of something better, we could use them. Please crack your brains and report your findings!

Attachments

• rchargedischarge.jpg
    rchargedischarge.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 69
  • rID.jpg
    rID.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 56
  • rTemp.jpg
    rTemp.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 52
  • rVolt.jpg
    rVolt.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 47
  • wCurrent.jpg
    wCurrent.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 49
  • wPercent.jpg
    wPercent.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its first and last :) port for HTC HD Mini... most of features is backported from my aria cm9 so I will not support photon cm9 in the future... you need to finish it! Its dirty packed (in one day) so maybe something is mising! Please do not reguest any help to me by pm, I will ignore!!! If you have some problems just write an post and I think some users from HD Mini forum will help you... thanks!

CM9 4.0.4 ICS HTC HD Mini (Ice Cream Sandwich)

This is a port of CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for HTC HD Mini based on WinSuk repo and my repo

Screenshoots:
    http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/340/screenshot2012040818074.png
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8750/screenshot2012040818081.png
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/491/screenshot2012040818083.png

Currently working and not working:

What works:
    • Auto-brightness
    • Browser
    • Capticive buttons (with backlight)
    • DSPManager
    • Mic
    • Music player
    • Audio
    • Equalyser
    • Headset
    • Keyboard
    • Market downloads
    • MMS
    • Notification light
    • Overclocking
    • Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
    • Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration)
    • Superuser
    • Tethering
    • Touchscreen (with multitouch)
    • USB Mass Storage Device
    • Vibration & Haptic feedback
    • Wifi
    • Gallery
    • Wifi sleep
    • Built-in data usage meter - full working now
    • Hardware acceleration (EGL)
    • Live wallpapers
    • Screenshots
    • Screen off/on animations
    • Wallpaper scrolling
    • bootanimation - have right size now including cm9 logo
    • Wifi signal strength bar on status bar (wpa_supplicant_8)
    • Camera shoots and preview
    • Bluetooth
    • Show mobile networks when choosing it in Select Network
    • GPS

If something missing or not working please let me know!

What working partially:
    • Camera recorder and panorama (panorama frezing, camcorder can not stop recording)
    • HQ Videos... (have freze)

What not working:
    • Audio have no stereo format (generally)

Google Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich:
    You need to find an stable gapps for your needs!
    But if you want an, look here -> http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip :)

Rom is bassed on my Aria android git: https://gitorious.org/ics-on-htc-aria/master/commits/master
    Kernel is bassed on derefas git with ics patchset from my aria ics kernel: http://www.2shared.com/file/23vX7nGE/2635-photonic-kernel-ICStar.html
    Finally, added support for Photon to my Aria kernel, so this is allways fresh kernel for Photon:
    https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenmod-2-6-35-kernel-msm7227-for-htc-aria/ics/commits/master

Download LK bootloader and recovery [16.Jul.2012]:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/0RC2fnor/LK_16Jul2012.html
    md5: 8F5327E34C71CC9B7B1646C4EAEE1CF1

Download cm9 rom - 24.May.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/yplhAdu2/cm9_photon-ota-engroot_24May20.html
    md5: 57A103629A697B6328F22F5A3FDE7096

Download update 04.Jun. for rom 24.May.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/broI0z6C/04Jun_update_for24May.html
    md5: EA0F9B32AFE82E034AFC52A83D9104A0

Download GPS Fix::
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28654948&postcount=643

WARNING for new cm9 rom!
    Rom have scripts that will erase all nand partitions needed for clean install! Android folder and .android_secure folder will be deleted from sdcard allso, so backup your data if you have something inside!
    About GPS. In order to have gps working "GPS update" must be last update. Then everything is allright!
    DO NOT CHANGE BOARD TYPE FROM PHOTON TO LIBERTY IN ORDER TO FIX CAMERA!

First, big thanks to Qualcomm and their user space library that was needed for HW acceleration!!!
    Google - for both Android and their search engine, which are awesome
    CyanogenMod Team
    WinSuk
    s0be
    modpunk
    cotulla
    sp3dev
    r0bin
    pwel
    schlund
    derefas
    RomanM82
    Everyone who helped in photon project
    Everyone who has shared their working ICS source - It has helped a lot in fixing things
    Instructions and changelog

Kernel is fast patched and audio libs is from old kernel and is not latest from schlund (I had problems compiling acoustic_wince under ICS so I switched back to legacy audio libs). Most of features inside kernel is added that was needed for ICS so you need to finish all other things that is needed for ICS. Compare kernel with derefas kernel, maybe I missing something! In any way I think I done big job for you photon users? :)
    Audio status = FIXED :) Tanks to schlund for his audio libs!

About wifi. Because photon not support compressed kernel image there is a way for changing mac adress (I included old wifi nvs init) :)... just simple open boot.img with hex editor and look for line like in this picture -> http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/199/20120429111947.jpg and change mac adress.:D

24.May.2012:
    • New kernel
    • Logo for my kernel :)
    • A lot of upstream changes to framework... + a lot of build changes (changes from my last aria build)
    • Some tweaks for ram (you will have constantly 90mb amount of the free memory, so... less force closes or maybe no force closes:))
    • Camera recorder and panorama partialy fixed
    • New lk_bootloader:
      boot size=6mb
      recovery size=4mb
      misc size=0.625mb
      system size=200mb
      userdata size=250.875mb
      cache size=9mb
    • new recovery (latest recovery from my aria)
    • etc...etc...etc :)
      Added photon build source to my git, so you can compile an build from source if you want. Kernel is ported from my aria kernel... added photon support, so you can build an kernel if you want. Force closes is fixed, stability is a lot improved. To improve performance simple follow next steps:
      - settings/display/automatic_backlight/...enable "allow lights increase"
      - settings/performance/memory_management... enable "kernel samepage merging"
      - install an taskiller like v6supercharger or "I use taskiller from airdroid app"
      - stable frequency (245 - 806) gov ondemand... do not change it

26.May.2012:
    • bluetooth fix
    • compressed kernel and unique mac addr for wifi and bluetooth

30.May.2012:
    • improvements for battery level - test version
    • Battery drain fix
    • Camera blue screen temporary fixed - will improve it later
    • New recovery
    Complete changes in battery driver you can see here -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...mmit/5f4b670a17c2e612478cc0da5843ceaa5b3dfaf0
    To install this update just siple coppy zip archive to sd card and install it trought recovery !

04.Jun.2012:
    • improvements for battery level still in testing stage
    • Zram fixed (you can enable or disable it from settings)
    • Show mobile networks when choosing it in Select Network - fixed
    • Some workarounds to gps (gps still not working but oncrpc is not harlinked now)
    • Kernel, recovery and modules
    Simple update your android trought recovery !
    Complete changes in battery driver you can see here -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...mmit/5f4b670a17c2e612478cc0da5843ceaa5b3dfaf0
    To install this update just siple coppy zip archive to sd card and install it trought recovery !

12.Jul.2012:
    • GPS fixed by RomanM82

16.Jul.2012:
    • Increased system partition in lk bootloader
    this is amazing news. now i am waiting this rom link for the test. :D

14,30------now i am downloading...
    17,30------now i am testing
    Auto-brightness------------------------------------OK
    Browser--------------------------------------------OK
    Capticive buttons (with backlight)-------------------OK
    DSPManager----------------------------------------OK
    Keyboard------------------------------------------OK
    Market downloads----------------------------------OK
    MMS----------------------------------------------OK
    Notification light------------------------------------???
    Overclocking---------------------------------------OK
    Phone radio (calling, sms, data)----------------------SMS OK---- DATA OK-----CALLİNG OK
    Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration)-----LİGHT OK--ROTATİON OK--- PROXİMİTY
    Superuser-----------------------------------------OK
    Tethering (you need to confirm)--------------------OK
    Touchscreen (with multitouch)----------------------OK
    USB Mass Storage Device---------------------------OK
    Vibration & Haptic feedback-------------------------OK
    Wifi------------------------------------------------OK
    Gallery---------------------------------------------OK
    Wifi sleep------------------------------------------OK
    Built-in data usage meter - full working now----------OK
    Hardware acceleration (EGL)-------------------------OK
    Live wallpapers--------------------------------------OK
    Screenshots----------------------------------------???
    Screen off/on animations-----------------------------???
    Wallpaper scrolling-----------------------------------???
    bootanimation - have right size now including cm9 logo---OK
    Wifi signal strength bar on status bar (wpa_supplicant_8)----OK
    Camera shoots and preview-------------------------------OK
    Sound & Mic-----------------------------------------OK
    bluetooth ------------------------------------------OK
    GPS -----------------------------------------------------OK

Headphones/Headset --------------------------------OK BUT MONO
    MUSİC PLAYER---------------------------------------OK BUT MONO

if I use munjeni'S LK and recovery I did not receive any error message during installation and I did not receive any error message during use

I love ics
    i am using now daily using. battery performance is like cm7
    Ok guys, yesterday I added support for photon to my aria kernel and pushed all changes to git -> https://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenm...3358e12a1d49670f9a579147346eabc5911b849/diffs ,I'm going to update aria and hd mini cm9 bulds soon with latest stable version without force closes and a lot of improvements... this photon cm9 is an old build so soon I will switch to photon flash and compile/debug new build for you...
    Here you go... this is new bootloader and automated batch script. Usb drivers is allso in archive. Script format all partition, performing lk installation, performing recovery booting and installing. There is 5 steps, first step is:
    - extract LK_21.May.2012.rar somewhere on your computer
    - extract photonic-sd.rar to your phone sd card
    - put rom archive to sd card
    - install usb drivers if you have not done before
    - run install.bat, than folow step 1 and step 2 on screen

Next steps you can do from recovery :)

Current bootloader:
    boot size=6mb
    recovery size=8mb
    misc size=0.625mb
    system size=200mb
    userdata size=250.875mb
    cache size=5mb

click here >>> LK_21May2012 DELETED, new LK from 24.May. is out!!!<<<
    In next few days I will compile an cm9 build. Please do not miror links, that thing make confusion for users in chosing right archive... this is complete archive and have lk for sd card, lk for nand, recovery, usb drivers and install script, thanks! And please allways read first and seccond page for update, there will be every new update and instruction!