[MOD] No navi button MOD for JB/ICS Razr M xt907 Roms

Search This thread

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Stupid question time... You are properly rooted, right? Sounds like you aren't getting permissions. Other option is ES File Explorer... Under root options there's a choice for "mount /system as rw"

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, rooted and everything.

Do I need to move the file into place first, and then change permissions? I was trying to change the permission in the download folder and then move, but it's weird that I would be denied permissions anywhere. I've done this a thousand time on my Droid X, so it's very peculiar.

EDIT: That must have been it. I renamed the original to .bak, moved this one, and then changed permissions and it worked. Testing how it works in use now :)

Last edited:

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Well, I got it going, used it for a day, but today I found a deal breaker: using the account selection dropdown menu causes the menu to appear and suddenly disappear, meaning that i cannot change accounts. Sadness!

oneillperson

Jan 7, 2013
Would it be possible to do this as well for the Razr HD? Here is the stock framework-res.apk from the HD if any kind people would like to help.

dropbox.com/s/ndzx0xxi171ksxk/framework-res.apk

Last edited:

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Am I the only one who had gmail issues with this mod? Would anyone be willing to test their gmail for me?

Click the account name to bring up the labels. Does it appear normally, or does it flash on screen and then disappear quickly?

Thanks!

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Found an app that solved my flicker issue (Status Bar in Full screen, even though it doesn;t actually show the bar). Anyone know if the apk in this topic works on 4.1.2?

EDIT: Just realized there is no way it would work since the sys version is different. Will wait till someone can help with an .apk :)

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

serraxer

Oct 25, 2012
Try
No Navi Vertical 4.1.2
View attachment framework-res_4.1.2_no_CIPnoNaviV.apk
No Navi Vertical Horizontal 4.1.2
View attachment framework-res_4.1.2_no_CIPnoNaviVH.apk

Well, I got it going, used it for a day, but today I found a deal breaker: using the account selection dropdown menu causes the menu to appear and suddenly disappear, meaning that i cannot change accounts. Sadness!
Me too try this
Settings - Developer - check Disable HW overlays
All gona be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coronado is dead

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Last edited:

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
The no vertical no horizontal one is still giving me nav buttons when in landscape.

Thoughts?

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Yeah, this seems to cause more bootloops than it's worth. On 4.1.1 Rage M, no luck. I'm throwing in the towel until someone comes up with a simpler way because every time I try to do this, it bootloops and I have to restore my last backup in TWRP.

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
I think you might be missing a step. I've had no bootloop issues at all.

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Anyone know how I might get the new framework-res.apk posted above to also remove the nav buttons in landscape? Have tried both versions multiple times, but the buttons are always there in landscape.

Thanks!

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Just a quick re-request :) The nav bar mod posted a page back leaves the navbar in landscape mode (both the H and VH mod leave it in place). Could anyone make one that removes the nav bar (or reduces it to 0 in height I guess) for both portrait and landscape modes?

Tired it myself, but I am in a bit over my head it seems.

Thanks!

EDIT: This is for stock 4.1.2 ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No USER friendly! Sorry I can't create update.zip :cowboy:
    Need Safestrap for BackUP and change permissions (chmod -R 755 /system/framework/framework-res.apk).

This mod can open for you full screen display in Razr M without loose toggle bar, just copy framework with style what you want to /system/framework dir, and change permission to file.

Files in zip for 4.1.1 & 4.0.4 Android.
    noVbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, yes in Horizontal
    noV-Hbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, no in Horizontal
    origin - original file

Of course you can change all manually if decompile framework-res.apk and find file named dimens.xml
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height">18.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">18.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_width">42.0dip</dimen>

link to framework-res.apk http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1763662&d=1361913475
    You think you can post a link to the apk multitool you are using?

Grab the newest build ;)

http://apkmultitool.com/?q=node/5

It Works!

Yeah, FINALLY! Get rid of that craptastic waste-of-space navbar.

If anybody want to know, here's how I did it:

Note: I used root explorer

1. I used my windows 7 machine to extract the version of framework-res I wanted.
    In my case, i'm on the 4.1.1 JB Verizon OTA, so I chose the 4.1.1 noV-Hbutton.

2.Copy the framework-res of your choice to the root of your internal storage card.

3. Using your file manager (Root explorer in my case) copy the framework file from your internal storage to "\system\" NOT "\system\framework\". Note, if you do this step and it asks you if you want to overwrite "framework-res.apk" STOP!

4. Using your file manager, write down the permissions for your existing "\system\framework\framework-res.apk".

5.Go to the framework-res.apk you just copied "\system\framework-res.apk" and change permissions to match those of your existing framework-res file.

6. AFTER the permissions have been changed and verified (I exited completely out of root explorer, then re-opened it and double checked that the permissions where the same) you can safely move and over-write the file in "\system\framework\".

7. Here's the reason. If you just copy the modified framework file straight from your internal memory to its home in "\system\framework\" the permissions won't be right, and there is a VERY good chance you will end up in an endless bootloop. Copying the file to "\system" first gives you the opportunity to modify its permissions BEFORE overwriting the existing framework file.

Good luck!

Update: Not sure why, and it isn't causing any problems, but every time I reboot the phone, it goes through the "android is upgrading your apps" dialogue".
    So what was the mistake you made when trying to recompile?

I'm using APK Multi Tool, and I didn't install the framework-res.apk for 4.1.1 first.

Downloaded the free version from the Play store and it works fine. :good:

nope - just the game from EA. they've already said that the app does not support the M's resolution, but I got an older version of the app to work partially - and I'm curious to see if removing the nav bar would get it to work.