Lawsuit Against AT&T Over Locked Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

randyguthrie

Dec 29, 2013
Miami
I got a free AT&T GS-4 recently. I paid the $325 termination fee and switched to Walmart in the first month. hence I saved about $300 compared with buying a Google Play phone. AT&T unlocked my phone but obviously not my bootloader.

I am toying with the idea of suing AT&T to FULLY unlock my phone including the bootloader. I am not a professional lawyer, but sometimes suing people is fun and educational. I suppose I like to sue the way other people like to hack phones.

Would any other AT&T GS4 phone owners who have paid termination fees like to join in? I cant represent you or accept money from you since I have no law license, but I can be the lead plaintiff, pay the filing fee, serve the summons on AT&T, and write all the legal papers.

Would anyone be interested in supplying technical data on the MF3 bootloader? Remember in order to carry my burden of proof I would have to prove what we all know about MF3 to a jury that cannot program a VCR. In reality a case like this would never make it to a jury. AT&T would bust my balls with motions and then settle, but it would be so much fun making them remove MF3 from my phone!

j510

Mar 16, 2012
sometimes suing people is fun and educational. I suppose I like to sue the way other people like to hack phones.

Before you even purchased the phone a simple search would of brought up the information that it is unable to be unlocked. Even so after you purchased it you still had a return window if you were not satisfied with the phone. Mod Edit- UN comments removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.