Network Unlock your ATT SGS3 for free (howto)

Search This thread

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
I just saw this on Reddit and tried it on my ATT SGS3. I used an old StarHub SIM I had laying around and it didn't ask for the unlock code, so I'm pretty sure it worked.

The instructions are for the GSM Note 2, but the author says it works for the GSM SGS3, too.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

I think you have to be on a stock ROM to get it to work. I was running UCALH9, bone stock. Don't forget to thank the OP on the other thread!

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
just tried it everything seems the same any way to tell without putting in another sim?

I don't know. Since the SIM I had laying around was not a mini-SIM I had to chop it up, too. O_O

In theory you don't ever see the unlock prompt unless you insert a non-network SIM anyway, so I don't think there's any way to check without one.

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Jun 3, 2010
Aboro, n.c
Ok so I didnt think this would work but it honestly did took two tries but I was able to insert a tmobile sim on a locked att phone without being prompt for the network unlock code and I did confrim I was able to make a call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: AquaWater

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
Same here. I tried all the steps, but when I got to "now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ", I didn't have the "[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ" option, just the original 3 choices.

Ian

Tried two different Bell phones.....same outcome.

Booboo64

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas
If you are in the US with AT&T just call AT&T and tell them you are traveling abroad. You'll get the code right away. I chatted with support with a 2-week old SIII and got it right away.

crazililazn

Nov 27, 2008
Question. How do you know if your phone is unlocked? I tried this on Serenity 1.2 with LH9 modem installed and I was able to insert a SIM card that I used when I was overseas. Does that mean I'm unlocked?

Nvm, my international SIM picked up T-Mobile while roaming... even though I don't have roaming enabled ><

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just saw this on Reddit and tried it on my ATT SGS3. I used an old StarHub SIM I had laying around and it didn't ask for the unlock code, so I'm pretty sure it worked.

The instructions are for the GSM Note 2, but the author says it works for the GSM SGS3, too.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

I think you have to be on a stock ROM to get it to work. I was running UCALH9, bone stock. Don't forget to thank the OP on the other thread!
    FWIW, after following the steps if you do it again when you get to this point
    " [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds,"
    You will get a screen saying no change. This would mean that it worked the first time and your phone is already unlocked. I've done 5 S3's and checked with different SIM cards and it worked every time, 3 of those I went back and tried the steps a second time and all three gave me the no change message. Sort if a confirmation that it worked if you don't have another SIM to try.
    3 Bell S3s, 2 Telus S3s and tried on my S3 but got the no change right away as it was already unlocked when I bought it.
    FYI:

Now you can get an unlock code from AT&T for free even if you're not a customer. As long as your phone meets the unlock eligibility requirements, they'll send you a code to unlock.

Proof? I am not an AT&T customer, and have an unused i747 that I wanted to unlock. I filled out their request form on Friday, and just received my code 30 minutes ago! And voila, my i747 is now unlocked.

Info: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...u-sim-unlock-your-phone-heres-the-fine-print/

Here's the AT&T page:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Enjoy!
    This method for unlocking your phone works perfectly after Jelly Bean update on Rogers sgs3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M
    just tried it everything seems the same any way to tell without putting in another sim?

I don't know. Since the SIM I had laying around was not a mini-SIM I had to chop it up, too. O_O

In theory you don't ever see the unlock prompt unless you insert a non-network SIM anyway, so I don't think there's any way to check without one.