[Q] Downgrade from CM11 to CM10.2

Search This thread

ioannis_m

Nov 18, 2013
I've tried to downgrade my Galaxy S in order to take some backup from the nandroid that I kept (msgs,call log etc) to sms backup and then to upgrade again to 4.4.

I first flashed through .zip 3.3.0.s semaphore kernel (my last 10.2 snapshot was patched) in order to flash snapshotM1 = jb gapps.The kernel was flashed with no problem but when i tried to flash the rom it got aborted (red triangle).

What further must I do to downgrade to 10.2?

Thanks in advance.

freakymod2120

Jun 26, 2013
Have you tested a recover to an older backup via CWM-Recovery???

I've tried to downgrade my Galaxy S in order to take some backup from the nandroid that I kept (msgs,call log etc) to sms backup and then to upgrade again to 4.4.

I first flashed through .zip 3.3.0.s semaphore kernel (my last 10.2 snapshot was patched) in order to flash snapshotM1 = jb gapps.The kernel was flashed with no problem but when i tried to flash the rom it got aborted (red triangle).

What further must I do to downgrade to 10.2?

Thanks in advance.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah. You said you have a jellybean nandroid. Why can't you just restore it??

If you first make a nandroid of your kitkat, you can easily go back to jb, make the backups you need, then flash your KK nandroid back, then restore your JB backups.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ioannis_m

Nov 18, 2013
Yeah. You said you have a jellybean nandroid. Why can't you just restore it??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I've read from other users that in order to restore an 4.3 (10.2 in our case) nandroid i first have to put a 4.3 kernel on the phone (after factory reset/wipes etc) .When i do that the kernel goes like a butter into the system and when i try to flash the nandroid i'm getting an aborted sign with the red triangle .(my phone says to me no nono no no :D)

So if i want to go back i simply load the nandroid without the kernel?

wizzdiz

Apr 22, 2011
Cluj-Napoca
I've read from other users that in order to restore an 4.3 (10.2 in our case) nandroid i first have to put a 4.3 kernel on the phone (after factory reset/wipes etc) .When i do that the kernel goes like a butter into the system and when i try to flash the nandroid i'm getting an aborted sign with the red triangle .(my phone says to me no nono no no :D)

So if i want to go back i simply load the nandroid without the kernel?

I had the same issue and eventually had to flash stock ROM before getting back to 10.2 as there was no way I could downgrade from CM11.

ioannis_m

Nov 18, 2013
I had the same issue and eventually had to flash stock ROM before getting back to 10.2 as there was no way I could downgrade from CM11.

I just flashed the previous nandroid (10.2) with total success and no errors.Just flashed it from kit kat to Jellybean without any kind of kernel flashing.
I guess it was wrong to flash previous kernel after all.

Reactions: freakymod2120

xandas

Jun 29, 2009
semaphore kernel.rar

I first flashed through .zip 3.3.0.s semaphore kernel (my last 10.2 snapshot was patched) in order to flash snapshotM1 = jb gapps.The kernel was flashed with no problem but when i tried to flash the rom it got aborted (red triangle
You must flash 3.3.0.s semaphore kernel.rar trhough Odin. Then you can flash android 4.3 as usual.

krige

Jan 23, 2011
I am also considering downgrading from CM11 to CM10.2 as I have heard CM10.2 gives a better overall performance and stability.

To avoid problems I'll flash the Samsung stock ROM first.

Can anyone else confirm that CM10.2 is working better than CM11?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just flashed the previous nandroid (10.2) with total success and no errors.Just flashed it from kit kat to Jellybean without any kind of kernel flashing.
    I guess it was wrong to flash previous kernel after all.