(C6506) 4.4.2 - 10.5.A.0.230 - Generic US - Flashable ZIP and Stripped FTF (root)

Search This thread

qingz

Jan 2, 2010
I flashed this rom from 4.3. Everything is fine except the unstable wireless and terrible power drain (wakelock terminator worked only one day for me).
I did a backup with twrp before flash to this rom.
Can I restore my old 4.3 backup with twrp? My bootloader is locked.

Thanks!

iPeck

Account currently disabled
Dec 28, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Your welcome. Try boot manager (Xposed installer module) also to prevent unwanted apps to run at startup, and run in background, helps too ;)

Last edited:

Crash338

Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
Google Play Services seems to be killing my battery. I have to reboot the phone to go back to normal battery drain. Anyone else noticed this?

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
I flashed 4.2.2 (10.3.A.0.423), rooted and installed CWM. I then followed this tutorial (flashing the file, powering off and flashing the ftf file through flashtool... I got stuck in a bootloop 2 times :( My BL is locked, I used to run MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2

Crash338

Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
I flashed 4.2.2 (10.3.A.0.423), rooted and installed CWM. I then followed this tutorial (flashing the file, powering off and flashing the ftf file through flashtool... I got stuck in a bootloop 2 times :( My BL is locked, I used to run MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2

Did you flash back to 423 completely including Kernel? If your MIUI greatslon mod 4.2.2 (not familiar with) was using another older Kernel from Sony it might generate your bootloop although flashing the stripped FTF should give you the latest Kernel.

Not sure why you are getting bootloops...files have been used by plenty of people without issues. There is a new one click root method apparently here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768000

Just flash the original FTF build 230 and give a One Click Root a go. Way easier than all this flashing

Reactions: LaZiODROID

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for posting. Just to be clear: not rooted, right?

This is the rooted version. I used the original FTF from @scifan here.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759110

... to create this stock image with root and recovery included.
    My method flashing this rom:
    1. Download rom.zip and nut latest recovery.
    2. Put the rom.zip and recovery.zip in the SD card. Delete the dual recovery folder also in the SD card. (ensure you have the stripped ftf also, this is new kernel for .230 rom)
    3. Boot into recovery. I'm using philz touch recovery (press up volume key)
    4. Flash the recovery.zip then wipe everything and flash rom.zip.
    5. Once rom flash completed. Turn off your phone (select advance power option -> turn off)
    6. Then open flashtool, and enter flash mode (hold down volume key then connect the usb cable to the computer)
    7. Flash the stripped ftf (I uncheck the TA)
    8. Once completed, unplug the cable and reboot your device.

This method work flawlessly with my 6502 device.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Thank you guys!

But for those (like my self) who are not experts on this, could you please, provide a detailed (step by step) guide on how to flash it?

If I already flashed it to kitkat (not rooted), can I do it over this one?

Regards

If you already flashed 4.4.2 then you do not have root and therefore cannot flash these. You will need to flash back to an older 4.2.2 so you can root and then install recovery. Once you have recovery the steps are:

1 - upload the zip to your SDCard and flash it via recovery
    2 - After flash is successful, turn off your phone without rebooting.
    3 - Flash the stripped FTF file via FlashTool and boot your phone.

That's it
    If you already flashed 4.4.2 then you do not have root and therefore cannot flash these. You will need to flash back to an older 4.2.2 so you can root and then install recovery. Once you have recovery the steps are:

1 - upload the zip to your SDCard and flash it via recovery
    2 - After flash is successful, turn off your phone without rebooting.
    3 - Flash the stripped FTF file via FlashTool and boot your phone.

That's it

I made this post with links:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52606650&postcount=5

Just replace the files in the last steps with the file from this thread.

EDIT: Meant this for person Crash was responding to. I know Crash knows how to do this ;)