22nd April 2014, 07:22 PM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,535

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

By "converted", I meant people who are just running a GPE ROM. If there's a full conversion that allows you to use the bootloader and radio as well, and allows you to accept OTAs, then yeah, by all means, help a brother out!

Ahh OK.. Yeah, I did the full conversion (my thread is in dev) I have a fully converted gpe (radio, bootloader, recovery etc..) So when the ota drops I'll post a link for ya if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd April 2014, 08:47 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 3,183

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

Ahh OK.. Yeah, I did the full conversion (my thread is in dev) I have a fully converted gpe (radio, bootloader, recovery etc..) So when the ota drops I'll post a link for ya if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Much appreciated.
7th May 2014, 06:04 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 12,319

More
hey guys. So I have a "real" GPE from google. I've been reading a lot around here as my only past experience is with samsung and nexus devices so this is a bit different.
It's also hard cause there is much more info on the carrier devices and hard to sift through and see what applies to the GPE variant.
So I've learned my system partition is different. I can look into that further I'm pretty good on samsung on messing with stock images and adjusting them.

Bootloader unlock is trivial on GPE, fastboot oem unlock.
I flashed twrp and rooted.

Last thing is s-off. Is s-off easier on GPE like bootloader unlock or would I still need firewater for it?

To the point of this thread, when an OTA comes out will that effect s-off? I imagine it'd remove root but I believe I can edit the image to retain root and flash with TWRP easy enough, I've done it on samsung and nexus devices enough.
7th May 2014, 06:12 PM |#14  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 239

More
How's the gpe radio compared to tmobiles?

7th May 2014, 06:15 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

hey guys. So I have a "real" GPE from google. I've been reading a lot around here as my only past experience is with samsung and nexus devices so this is a bit different.
It's also hard cause there is much more info on the carrier devices and hard to sift through and see what applies to the GPE variant.
So I've learned my system partition is different. I can look into that further I'm pretty good on samsung on messing with stock images and adjusting them.

Bootloader unlock is trivial on GPE, fastboot oem unlock.
I flashed twrp and rooted.

Last thing is s-off. Is s-off easier on GPE like bootloader unlock or would I still need firewater for it?

To the point of this thread, when an OTA comes out will that effect s-off? I imagine it'd remove root but I believe I can edit the image to retain root and flash with TWRP easy enough, I've done it on samsung and nexus devices enough.

It definitely shouldn't affect S-OFF, but as with any OTA with any device known to man, it will kill root. But since you have an unlocked bootloader, you can just reroot after the OTA flashes.

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 06:29 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 12,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedSnake

How's the gpe radio compared to tmobiles?

I'm on wifi only right now. I ordered an isis sim so i'm waiting on that before moving my number from the nexus 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

It definitely shouldn't affect S-OFF, but as with any OTA with any device known to man, it will kill root. But since you have an unlocked bootloader, you can just reroot after the OTA flashes.

and for s-off I still need firewater then... gpe doesn't make that any easier correct?
I really dont mind s-on currently, I have xposed, and modules running just fine. I just feel like I should do it, just in case.... I'll have more options in the future.
7th May 2014, 06:31 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

I'm on wifi only right now. I ordered an isis sim so i'm waiting on that before moving my number from the nexus 5.

and for s-off I still need firewater then... gpe doesn't make that any easier correct?
I really dont mind s-on currently, I have xposed, and modules running just fine. I just feel like I should do it, just in case.... I'll have more options in the future.

Correct. The GPE only allows unlocking the bootloader. S-OFF is not available through officially sanctioned channels.

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oldblue910 Ad-Free
3rd June 2014, 09:46 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
4.4.3 is rolling out. If anyone gets the OTA, please pull the filename and post it here!
3rd June 2014, 10:51 PM |#19  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,535

Donate to Me
More
filename is 690c696fc4ad38107536cc3a32f262f5d18d8073.OTA_M8_UL _K44_STOCK_UI_MR_Google_WWE_2.10.1700.4-1.16.1700.16_release_378258
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 10:58 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

filename is 690c696fc4ad38107536cc3a32f262f5d18d8073.OTA_M8_UL _K44_STOCK_UI_MR_Google_WWE_2.10.1700.4-1.16.1700.16_release_378258

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 10:59 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What's the new radio and HBOOT version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)