FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0 [2014-06-08]

1,802 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,860

By dhacker29, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th June 2014, 11:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2014, 03:33 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
It flashes and functions flawlessly, the only issue I have is booting custom roms, none of them seem to work. Thanks for your hard work though. At least I can make a backup of my stock rom if anything goes wrong. Feels great to be unlocked again
16th June 2014, 09:09 AM |#22  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playb3yond

It flashes and functions flawlessly, the only issue I have is booting custom roms, none of them seem to work. Thanks for your hard work though. At least I can make a backup of my stock rom if anything goes wrong. Feels great to be unlocked again

You can only flash ROMs that have been updated to work with the KK bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to killrhythm09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killrhythm09 Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 09:30 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killrhythm09

So, which ROMS have been updated? (If any, since it appears I too am just in a Reboot loop)
16th June 2014, 09:32 PM |#24  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docchaos

So, which ROMS have been updated? (If any, since it appears I too am just in a Reboot loop)

There might be others, but the only ones I know will work for sure are dhacker's CM11 test builds.

http://www.androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/
The Following User Says Thank You to killrhythm09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killrhythm09 Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 09:38 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

There might be others, but the only ones I know will work for sure are dhacker's CM11 test builds.

http://www.androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/

I'm sure i'm the only idiot who messed this up
I have a motoX as my daily driver, stock, and wanted to play with this one, once I heard unlock was back.

I'm no stranger to adb (Samsung GSIII and Note II, and LG G2) but I knew motos were pretty locked down.

Hopefully this will work, if not, will wait til more roms get updated.

Thanks
16th June 2014, 10:00 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

I downgraded to Jellybean and installed the roms I wanted
16th June 2014, 10:01 PM |#27  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playb3yond

I downgraded to Jellybean and installed the roms I wanted

I guess that's an option if other people want to do that. I decided to just wait. Stock KK isn't so bad.
21st June 2014, 07:46 AM |#28  
Flag High Desert CA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
so whats the advantage to keeping this recovery rather than downgrading? and so are the kitkat roms really kitkat with a old kernel and wouldnt the old kernel kinda make it jb in kitkat clothes or no. i really dont know how it works but im learning new things all the time.. thanks for your time in advance.
21st June 2014, 09:09 AM |#29  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Millsboro, DE
Thanks Meter: 3,860

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcG

so whats the advantage to keeping this recovery rather than downgrading? and so are the kitkat roms really kitkat with a old kernel and wouldnt the old kernel kinda make it jb in kitkat clothes or no. i really dont know how it works but im learning new things all the time.. thanks for your time in advance.

The old version was kitkat. we backported all the relevant features from 3.4 kernel. The new bootloader now requires 3.4 kernel so once you upgrade you have to use it. But to answer no it's not jb in kk clothes. lots of devices still have 3.0 kernel with not near the updates we included

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhacker29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacker29 Ad-Free
21st June 2014, 07:25 PM |#30  
Flag High Desert CA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhacker29

The old version was kitkat. we backported all the relevant features from 3.4 kernel. The new bootloader now requires 3.4 kernel so once you upgrade you have to use it. But to answer no it's not jb in kk clothes. lots of devices still have 3.0 kernel with not near the updates we included

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

AWESOME thanks!!! its starting to loose its haze and become a bit more clear. so the chances of me finding a rom other than your test build is almost 0. and also is their anywhere I can help with your test rom. I am not a dev. but I would like to help out any way I can . I can find bugs do research or anything you can think that would help eliminate the few bugs that come up often sorry about the off topic , topic lol and thanks again DHacker29 I see you do tons of work on this stuff and I want u to know its appreciated .
22nd June 2014, 10:13 PM |#31  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I was rooted but boot loader locked on 4.1.2. Had edited files, etc to get my Razr HD Maxx onto Page Plus. Was able to use HouseofMoto to flash to 4.4.2, then root with TowelRoot, and lastly unlock the boot loader with Motopocalypse. In the process I lost connectivity with Page Plus. I understand that TWRP 2.7.1.0 will only work with 4.4.2. I may have to go back to 4.1.2 to get back on Page Plus. If I flash TWRP 2.7.1.0 to my phone and then flash back to 4.1.2, can I still use this version of TWRP as it will still have the updated unlocked KK boot loader?
Jackie
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)