Battery Fix 2.3.x

Search This thread

mysticdrew

Apr 2, 2011
I just did the following
- Phone was at 70%, restarted
- Phone then read 90%
- Installed this
- Phone still reads 90%, I will restart at lunch time in a few hours to see if it jumps at all

I am running Kenneth's stock 2.3.4 ROM

Thanks!

This is interesting since your % is staying at the high post reboot bump while everyone else installed before reboot and % is staying at the lower prereboot bump level.

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
Battery Mode force close

The Battery Mod is working for me.... Except when I click on battery BATTERY MODE I get a force close... the application battery & Data manager (process.com.motorola.datamanager.app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again... I wiped Davik cache.... But I have not reset my battery because IM waiting for it to drain first, then recalibrate.....

Reactions: doot4runner

Andrew149

Jul 17, 2010
Modesto CA
The Battery Mod is working for me.... Except when I click on battery BATTERY MODE I get a force close... the application battery & Data manager (process.com.motorola.datamanager.app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again... I wiped Davik cache.... But I have not reset my battery because IM waiting for it to drain first, then recalibrate.....

Same issue +1

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

s0dhi

Feb 24, 2011
Toronto

Also getting this too; your posted prompted me to check. Otherwise it is working.

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
Fix batery drain?

Does this mod fix the battery drain or just the jumping of battery stats... Before 2.3.4 I was losing about 2% per hour on average while idle.... It seems better after applying this fix and rebooting stops the battery from jumping BUT does it fix whatever was draining the battery.. My phone used to last 1 day+ now it lasts about 6 hours on average..... I still need to recalibrate the battery as well, Speaking of once you reset the battery should there be a confirmation that it was wiped , Every time I reset the battery it seems like nothing happens or is this normal?

Reactions: adirni

joeavery2

Nov 9, 2007
Restore factory

I have fc on battery check :(, can anyone post the original one?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Not to be an ass but this is why you make backups before flashing files . It is not working cause it is for a odex rom. You are deodexed. Someone is working on the deodexed files a page back, also why you read the whole thread. Not picking on you Eclipsex, just saying.

Personally I open any zip and often manually copy and paste each file, making backups along the way, using root explore.

I will repack my 4.5beta files in the zip for you, it should install via cwm if someone wants to test and confirm it installs correctly. Alternatively you can just unpack the four files from the original rom zip.
*****EDIT*****
CWM install doesn't work. You'll need to copy files manually. /system/app to /system/app and /system/bin to /system/bin ect.
Ignore the Meta file.
While in /system/app remove the two .odex files

OPoster you should post the Original files and put a warning on the OP stating that it breaks deodexed roms, until you can get a deodexed version.

Does this mod fix the battery drain or just the jumping of battery stats... Before 2.3.4 I was losing about 2% per hour on average while idle.... It seems better after applying this fix and rebooting stops the battery from jumping BUT does it fix whatever was draining the battery.. My phone used to last 1 day+ now it lasts about 6 hours on average..... I still need to recalibrate the battery as well, Speaking of once you reset the battery should there be a confirmation that it was wiped , Every time I reset the battery it seems like nothing happens or is this normal?
Nope No conformation. I will wipe stats in CWM then send you back to menu to reboot. This mod seems to be to fix the Jumpy battery. Mine seemed to settle down after a few charges without this mod. I too only get about 6hours bat, but others report 10. I'm on Fuax's 1.1 kernel, same as used in cherryblur1.1 and on the newest radio posted by KP. I am guessing it's the radio, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• Restore_factory_bat.zip
    155.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Reactions: msd24200

s0dhi

Feb 24, 2011
Toronto

Well, I unplugged this morning at 9:00. It's 15:34 and the phone is at 69%.

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
deodexed

Apparently I was deodexed Thru CWM I installed the battery Mod.. I mentioned the Force close and after reading what you wrote , Im a little lost... What does it mean now that I flashed the battery mod while i Was deodexed and how should I fix this? Your battery Mod stopped the jumping for me, but does this mean the drainage is stil present, does this mean I cannot flash other roms.... Sorry to B so confused..... I guess i jumped the gun on trying to correct my battery issues...

Should I now install the Restore_factory_bat.zip file over what i currently have... Then jsut wait until you offer a deoxed version of the battery mod, Or do I need to start from scratch sbf 1.8 root, unlock, CWM, 2.3.4 and so forth????

Last edited:

s0dhi

Feb 24, 2011
Toronto
Apparently I was deodexed Thru CWM I installed the battery Mod.. I mentioned the Force close and after reading what you wrote , Im a little lost... What does it mean now that I flashed the battery mod while i Was deodexed and how should I fix this? Your battery Mod stopped the jumping for me, but does this mean the drainage is stil present, does this mean I cannot flash other roms.... Sorry to B so confused..... I guess i jumped the gun on trying to correct my battery issues...

Should I now install the Restore_factory_bat.zip file over what i currently have... Then jsut wait until you offer a deoxed version of the battery mod, Or do I need to start from scratch sbf 1.8 root, unlock, CWM, 2.3.4 and so forth????

Aside from not being able to change the battery mode, what is the rush or panic to flash back to something else? Why not just wait for a deodexed version of this fix to be posted? In any case, I don't think you would need to SBF anymore - you can reflash the system image or reflash the ROM if it comes to that, but I would wait it out for a bit.

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
I am having no luck getting these deodexed...
Maybe ken can make something out of this. The files (if deodexed) will work to fix this battery jump issue. Ill PM ken...

Sent from my Cyanbreaded Gingered Atrix!

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
I have no problem waiting for a fix and deoxed version... I just thought I screwed up by installing the battery mod, But If all I have to do is wait for a fix and flash it with CWM great, I was just worried that since i screed it up I had to start from scratch.... Is this the case just wait fora zip file fix and install with CWM????

joeavery2

Nov 9, 2007

Yep s0dhi is right there is no rush. If you needed to you could just flash cherryblur or reflash 4.5beta but that is not nessasary.

You wont be able to install Restore_factory_bat.zip, I've made sure of that since it caused FC's on one persons phone. But the original 4.5beta files are there if you want or need to go back to stock.

For now the only thing broken is the battery manager. Just wait it out. I don't think too many people use battery manager much anyway.

Finally I have a felling if you just used the lib and bin files from the OP and didn't install any of the /system/app files that it may fix issues as well. I don't think (but could be wrong) that the two /system/app files were the culprits.

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
The fix would just be putting back deodexed .Apk's, so it wouldn't need a full restore... you can get these files from kens Rom and put them back with root explorer if you need too

I have no problem waiting for a fix and deoxed version... I just thought I screwed up by installing the battery mod, But If all I have to do is wait for a fix and flash it with CWM great, I was just worried that since i screed it up I had to start from scratch.... Is this the case just wait fora zip file fix and install with CWM????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thanks to kamma and his thread HERE. This fixed was 100% inspired by his attempt, i only had the benefit of having access to some files he didnt. This thread is based off his, but with the files from 2.3.3 which did not have the jumping issue.

I have NOT tested extensively, but in my limited experience(and that of a few others) this does fix the problem.

Code:
    [color=#FF0000]USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK[/color]

This is just a proof-of-concept fix. I dont guarantee any improvement, because i have not much time to test it.
    I simply replace battery libs and apps extracted from [color=#FF0000]ATT 2.2.3*[/color].

How to:
    1. Download [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color] (bellow in Attached Files)
    2. Copy it to sdcard or sdcard-ext
    3. Reboot into CWM recovery
    5. Click "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Pick the [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color]
    8. Install
    9. Reboot

V2 - Removed BatteryManager.apk & BatteryReport.apk as they are not needed
    Deodexed

Here are the files from OP deodexed. Untested, but should work fine :p

Example installation:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb root
    adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Battery*
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryManager.odex
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryReport.odex
    adb push BatteryManager.apk /system/app/BatteryManager.apk
    adb push BatteryReport.apk /system/app/BatteryReport.apk
    adb reboot
    Using root explorer ... change permissions to match the other Apk's

(RW-R--R--):

USER - READ, WRITE,
    GROUP - READ
    OTHERS - READ

make sure you mount "/system" as read/write....

Can you touch on these permissions with a little more detail? I see the permissions area of the file, but not sure what should be checked. Sorry...still getting the FC after replacing the files from v1 with the stock .apk's posted after the fix. Thanks for all of your help.

Brilliant, will try immediately! Does it matter if you switch between roms, do you have to re-apply then?

Yes as you go between roms you would need to reapply, that is until(if its working 100%) its added to the roms themeselves.

Will test, thanks Jug.

Guess I would need to deodex it for a deodexrom?

it has both, but if you want u can remove the 2 .odex files from the zip.
    Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!

Recalibration is best achieved by draining until phone dies and then charging to full. Once full keep charging and power off. Allow phone to charge in the unbooted state. I have had little success with wiping battery stats and I believe that the official word is that those files that gets deleted by the wipe procedure are recreated upon every charge so it is a bit of a fallacy. Of course, if the battery daemon has bad code, you'd be looking at a thread like this for a replacement piece of code to fix the problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2