Just placed my order for new batteries!!!

Search This thread

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
So my 1+ year old battery finally started to get fat and die at 100% after 5 minutes of using it. I decided to order some new ANKER 1800 batteries because of all the great reviews and so little negative reviews. Here's the link if anyone's interested..
http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-SPH-D710-EB575152VA-Anker-Multi-purpose/dp/B005HBH1R2/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

They're supposed to come in by monday, the day i start my Fall classes as a PSEO student, hopefully all goes well. :good::good:

Please post some pictures of battery life I'm considering either getting an anker or this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2323116
to replace my stock oem battery that's about to go since its over a year old.

Edit: Good luck on those classes btw!

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
*Update, package came earlier than expected, 3 days earlier. Very impressed with packaging & pricing. Win Win situation. Pictures coming soon!

Clariel

Aug 26, 2013
I've had a really good experience with Anker's external batteries, so I hope these work great as well.

I got an extended battery from gorilla gadgets and it was fantastic for like a month, but I feel like it degraded really quickly :crying:

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
Review!

Its almost been a whole week since I've received these batteries and all I have to say is that, its amazing. I get good screen on time 3+ hours heavy usage. I also get a whole lot of standby hours. These batteries last me the whole day from 7am to when i get into bed around 9:30-10pm.
I even have a little juice left to check my Facebook, twitter, Instagram, vines, and youtube. I really love these batteries. So far I haven't seen any signs of battery getting fat or any signs of it deteriorating. :good::good: Pics coming soon!

FuMMoD

Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Its almost been a whole week since I've received these batteries and all I have to say is that, its amazing. I get good screen on time 3+ hours heavy usage. I also get a whole lot of standby hours. These batteries last me the whole day from 7am to when i get into bed around 9:30-10pm.
I even have a little juice left to check my Facebook, twitter, Instagram, vines, and youtube. I really love these batteries. So far I haven't seen any signs of battery getting fat or any signs of it deteriorating. :good::good: Pics coming soon!

That is pretty awesome for being a slim battery!

shezzy69

Aug 28, 2008
Please post some pictures of battery life I'm considering either getting an anker or this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2323116

I have both the Anker and the gold 2450mah..

The 2450mah battery quality died after only like month or so..I can barely get 2hours screen time with it.

Your probably better with the Anker battery as the quality hasn't seemed to drop as of yet. I have a Qcell 4100mah and tpu case in the mail.. It just took me a while because I didn't want to give up my otterbox

Reactions: FuMMoD

FuMMoD

Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

The 2450mah battery quality died after only like month or so..I can barely get 2hours screen time with it.

Your probably better with the Anker battery as the quality hasn't seemed to drop as of yet. I have a Qcell 4100mah and tpu case in the mail.. It just took me a while because I didn't want to give up my otterbox

Yeah I got a Qcell to but I would love a good slim battery for when I have to dress up lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

copota

Jun 29, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I highly recommend this battery, It even comes with two batteries so if the other one does get bad you have a spare!
Oh its very cheap too! :good:

I've been using these Anker Batteries for about a week now. They seem pretty good, though I'm new to this phone so I have nothing to compare them to.

I posted a screenshot of my battery after streaming one hour of a movie over Netflix, with the volume at 100% and brightness at 100%. When i started the stream, the battery was at 100%, and after one hour it dropped to 81%. I also have a sip client running, so I'm sure that added to the battery drain.

Is a 20% drop in battery normal for an hour stream of a movie at 100% brightness?

EDIT: Pic taken while using a custom Kit-Kat ROM.

gBdJVKq.png

Last edited:

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
I've been using these Anker Batteries for about a week now. They seem pretty good, though I'm new to this phone so I have nothing to compare them to.

I posted a screenshot of my battery after streaming one hour of a movie over Netflix, with the volume at 100% and brightness at 100%. When i started the stream, the battery was at 100%, and after one hour it dropped to 81%. I also have a sip client running, so I'm sure that added to the battery drain.

Is a 20% drop in battery normal for an hour stream of a movie at 100% brightness?

gBdJVKq.png

Are you running stock, stock you get more batterylife for me..

copota

Jun 29, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Are you running stock, stock you get more batterylife for me..

Ya, I was running a custom Kit-Kat ROM. I'm finding out ROMS absolutely destroy battery life. I currently switched back to Stock Samsung JellyBean, and I got almost 23 hours out of my battery (pic below). The best I got from custom ROMs was about 15 hours. I guess I'll be staying with stock.

4ht0R0c.png

Mar 27, 2011
Custom rom (Jellyverse) great battery life

Ya, I was running a custom Kit-Kat ROM. I'm finding out ROMS absolutely destroy battery life. I currently switched back to Stock Samsung JellyBean, and I got almost 23 hours out of my battery (pic below). The best I got from custom ROMs was about 15 hours. I guess I'll be staying with stock.

4ht0R0c.png

Not sure if that's the problem... I had a completely stock rom from a new phone (to me) mid-Feb 2014 and was getting terrible battery life. This phone was on it's 2nd factory battery. Phone was running warm at times. I read somewhere that a format of the internal SD might help so I copied everything to an old class 2 16GB from my OG Droid and formatted the internal SD, copied back (not using Windows). Did an "SD aligned" format on the external SD using detailed instructions from a blog run by "zero1" and Battery life IMPROVED! (SD internal to ext writes also went from 1-2 Mbps to 26 Mbps, to a CLASS 2 SD!)Then installed Agat_GB27-v1.4.2F, newest Jellyverse, DS battery saver, greenify (with Xposed) and Gravity Screen to eliminate having to use power button. More improvement! So now, being on a roll, I bought a 3800mah battery w/cover from ebay seller unlockxpress1 for $5.98 delivered (0 stock atm but there are other sellers), everything actually fits and snaps in perfectly.

It's been a real trip and education.

Thanks to the xda devs Agat, Shadow_God, kobridge, gharrington, TD, bilgerryan, g_ding, Goddly, rovo89, leducbao, oasisfeng, plexnor and this *GREAT* XDA community see pics for results atm. I'm in ecstasy can you tell lol.:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.