FORUMS

Auto Rotate fix??

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By spyder560, Junior Member on 5th December 2011, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone found a fix for this other than to calibrate which doesn't work for me. I'm on 3.2..rooted with kershoots OC. Wonder what broke this feature for me.
6th December 2011, 12:10 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Update: Ok so with some researched I see that kershoots or pershoots (whatever the name is) the OC kernel disables the auto rotate feature. How do I uninstall this OC kernel and switch back to the stock one?
6th December 2011, 12:19 AM |#3  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder560

Update: Ok so with some researched I see that kershoots or pershoots (whatever the name is) the OC kernel disables the auto rotate feature. How do I uninstall this OC kernel and switch back to the stock one?

That was only true for the old versions of the kernel which were meant for 3.1 (if you used the kernel for 3.1 on 3.2 it broke auto rotation).

I'm on 3.2 with pershoot's kernel and auto rotation works fine. Flash the latest version and it should work.

Or if you want the stock one, just flash that one, it will overwrite what you have automatically, no need to "uninstall" anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightmarebadger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nightmarebadger Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 12:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmarebadger

That was only true for the old versions of the kernel which were meant for 3.1 (if you used the kernel for 3.1 on 3.2 it broke auto rotation).

I'm on 3.2 with pershoot's kernel and auto rotation works fine. Flash the latest version and it should work.

Or if you want the stock one, just flash that one, it will overwrite what you have automatically, no need to "uninstall" anything.

as nightmarebadger if your GT P-7500 have honeycomb 3.1 and your kernel is wrong you crash the autorotate function and so much.

For those who did this and want auto-rotate back and OC HoneyComb 3.2 GT P-7500.
1) download the last Kernel for this model http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2395
2) find the model you have: Example 10.1 3G, Touchwiz UX (HC 3.2 (stock); GT-P7500) download the .zip file
3) install the kernel.

and enjoy auto rotate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Van jaime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Van jaime Ad-Free
6th January 2012, 11:57 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP!! I'm a techie, but a newbie to Android and rooting and such.

I had a regular 3G Galaxy Tab 10.1, then I rooted it and put Overcome on it (this file: 001003-Overcome_10.1_Series_v2.0.0_P7500_Full.zip). Then I put this kernel on it because I read that I could overclock it to 1.4Ghz (boot-cm_2636.4_p4_ux-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-102411.zip).

Everything was working great... except that I was having the same problem as above (the tablet wouldn't work with auto-rotate). I decided to try to fix it - I found this thread, and followed the instructions. I downloaded the Dec 11 kernel for this: 10.1 3G, Touchwiz UX (HC 3.2 (stock); GT-P7500. Then I booted into Recovery, tried to install an older version of ROM/Kernel (or something like that) thru Advanced Recovery, and then afterwards I installed this new kernel. And after all that, my device was completely wiped... but my auto-rotate STILL won't work! Can you please help!!

This is currently what I have on my device:
Model Number: GT-P7500
Baseband version: P7500DTLKG2
Kernel version: 2.6.36.4-cyanogenmod+ [email protected] #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 11 15:58:21 EST 2011
Build number: Overcome 10.1 Series v2.0.0 P7500JJKJ6

What am I doing wrong??
7th January 2012, 03:15 AM |#6  

More
Did you change your stock rom? Overcom is a custom ROM. can you post a screencapture of your device information?
26th January 2012, 08:59 PM |#7  

More
hi i found this thread and thought it was amazing because you could fx the auto rotate feature on the galaxy tab but i think i picked the wrong kernel and now im in hell is there any way to help this scenario

i have auto rotate but can't setup my device at all: all it says at startup is:
The applicatrion google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
the application setup wizard (process com.android.serupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

please help all i want to do just start using my tab
27th January 2012, 02:01 AM |#8  

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mguerrier3

hi i found this thread and thought it was amazing because you could fx the auto rotate feature on the galaxy tab but i think i picked the wrong kernel and now im in hell is there any way to help this scenario

i have auto rotate but can't setup my device at all: all it says at startup is:
The applicatrion google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
the application setup wizard (process com.android.serupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

please help all i want to do just start using my tab

The first think that i need to know:
Model Number: GT-P???
Baseband version: ?????????
Kernel version: ?????

The Following User Says Thank You to Van jaime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Van jaime Ad-Free
29th January 2012, 09:46 PM |#9  

More
model number: GT-7510
Baseband: where do i find???
Kernel Version: [email protected] #1

device: SGT 10.1 Wifi Only 32GB
Help: PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! DX

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguerrier3

model number: GT-7510
Baseband: where do i find???
Kernel Version: [email protected] #1

device: SGT 10.1 Wifi Only 32GB
Help: PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! DX

where is the the baseband number
if it is found in the build number at the end and begins with p then it is
P7510UEKMM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)