[Q] How to remove "abd" from dictionary

Search This thread

ddodge68

Feb 5, 2011
So, I'm using the HTC gesture keyboard (like Swype) and I'm hoping that someone can help me to remove a word from the dictionary. Everytime I try to spell the word "and", I get "abd". I will never use the word "abd". Is there a way to remove it from the dictionary? Thanks....

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
So, I'm using the HTC gesture keyboard (like Swype) and I'm hoping that someone can help me to remove a word from the dictionary. Everytime I try to spell the word "and", I get "abd". I will never use the word "abd". Is there a way to remove it from the dictionary? Thanks....

Did you accidentally add it to your dictionary? If so simple remove it by going to the input settings ,under personal dictionary and remove it, if your not sure you can also check

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
You could try to add Abd to your dictionary then remove it... Might help

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York

This has been plaguing me since even the M7. It drives me absolutely nuts and I have not yet found any fix for it -_-

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put checkmark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put checkmark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.

That's IF it's a word user added. He is referring to a word already in the dictionary

Reactions: ddodge68

overlord727

Jul 18, 2011
Columbia, MD
I had to look up what this word meant. Apparently abt means "all but dissertation," for someone going for a PHD. That being said I don't think this should be default in a dictionary either.

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
It can be done easily once proper root is available.

In fact, I usually replace the stock dictionary with a better third party one.

ddodge68

Feb 5, 2011
I had to look up what this word meant. Apparently abt means "all but dissertation," for someone going for a PHD. That being said I don't think this should be default in a dictionary either.

I had to do the same thing. I noticed that WTF is not in the dictionary, and I suspect that it is used far more often than abd.... :angel:

ddodge68

Feb 5, 2011
This is driving me insane!!! I've gotta train myself to swype far enough to get the "n" instead of the "b".

lol I feel your pain, man. I had the same problem on my Galaxy Note 2. >_<

ddodge68

Feb 5, 2011
So, now that we have root, and S off, is there a way to get this "word" removed from the dictionary, or to replace the stock dictionary with a better one?

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
So, now that we have root, and S off, is there a way to get this "word" removed from the dictionary, or to replace the stock dictionary with a better one?

I don't know if you use the xposed framework, but here is a module that I found that might help you out. This sounds like what you are wanting. I haven't used it myself.

-HTC One m8-

Attachments

• 1396951894214.jpg
    1396951894214.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

andrewnelson

Feb 5, 2014
Dhaka
Show

To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put check mark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put check mark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.

the OP doesn't want this. what he wants to do is remove a word that is built-in to the keyboard before ever typing your first word.

say like you swipe or type the word 'hell' the predictive text will show you 'hell' ' he'll' and 'help'. what the OP wants to do is remove one of the three is predicts.

in his case he types/swipes the word 'and' and he gets 'abd' instead. he has mentioned he checked where you suggested and it is not a word he has saved or accidentally saved, but a built-in word

it took me a few reads to get what he was wanting, but i finally understood it all. then i cam across the module in my previous post which seems exactly as to what he wants. hopefully it helps

Reactions: ddodge68

ddodge68

Feb 5, 2011
I don't know if you use the xposed framework, but here is a module that I found that might help you out. This sounds like what you are wanting. I haven't used it myself.

-HTC One m8-

Being new to HTC products (previously rooted Moto products), I am unfamiliar with xposed. I need to search out the tutorial on how to use it, cause it appears to be pretty useful.

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
Being new to HTC products (previously rooted Moto products), I am unfamiliar with xposed. I need to search out the tutorial on how to use it, cause it appears to be pretty useful.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

donwoad and install from there

its pretty simple once you use it a few times, here is a quickie:

download and install xposed
open xposed
choose framework and click install/update
itll ask you to update, choose yes and do the soft reboot

after you rebooted
open xposed
choose downloads and find whatever module you think will come in handy (some are only compatible with certain devices)
download the module and it will say its not activated
back up and go to modules, select it to activate it (you can touch the module to adjust any settings if there are any)
do a soft reboot and the module will start working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

open xposed

after you rebooted
    open xposed
    choose downloads and find whatever module you think will come in handy (some are only compatible with certain devices)
    back up and go to modules, select it to activate it (you can touch the module to adjust any settings if there are any)

That's IF it's a word user added. He is referring to a word already in the dictionary

the OP doesn't want this. what he wants to do is remove a word that is built-in to the keyboard before ever typing your first word.

say like you swipe or type the word 'hell' the predictive text will show you 'hell' ' he'll' and 'help'. what the OP wants to do is remove one of the three is predicts.

in his case he types/swipes the word 'and' and he gets 'abd' instead. he has mentioned he checked where you suggested and it is not a word he has saved or accidentally saved, but a built-in word

it took me a few reads to get what he was wanting, but i finally understood it all. then i cam across the module in my previous post which seems exactly as to what he wants. hopefully it helps

open xposed

after you rebooted
    open xposed

That's awesome!!! Thank you!!! So I only have one question, and it's about as basic as they come, but I simply don't know. How do I do a "soft reboot"? For that matter, how do I do a "hard reboot"?
    That's awesome!!! Thank you!!! So I only have one question, and it's about as basic as they come, but I simply don't know. How do I do a "soft reboot"? For that matter, how do I do a "hard reboot"?

the soft reboot is within xposed under framework

hard reboot is actually holding down the power, choosing restart and restarting
    soft reboot is restarting the shell for android. it doesnt clear out any loaded applications etc.

you will see this in ROMs when they start coming up for our device. it will be in the advanced power menu