[ROM] Sony Ericsson W8 E16i Port

Search This thread

slade87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
Disclaimer:
the usual stuff i am not responsible if you brick your device. By any means you do it knowing there still might be a possiblity you might get stuck or brick you device

Hey guys,
this is a Port of the recently in released in China.
This ROM can still be rooted by SuperOneClick root. Xrecovery comes preinstalled though. Do not forget that the W8 still comes with Android 2.1 still its nice as some of the stuff was updated. So if you want to update you existing 2.1 this might be a great choice.
You can remove any app you don't want from the zip or copy the ones from 2.1 to the zip you need as well.

Please Backup your build.prop before flashing so you can revert back to original state

Links

W8 Port v1.0 Please read instructions / This is Android Eclair (2.1)

Instructions:

• place on sdcard
  • boot to xrecovery
  • install as custom zip
  • if you come from other custom rom (higher than android 2.1) do a factory reset BEFORE flashing the zip file
  • reboot (like stock SE firmware for pro) takes awfully long

The Works:
  • Everything

The Not Works
  • Nothing found so far

Bugs:
  • Some stuff is not ldpi like the widgets but it works pretty good.

Attachments

• w8.JPG
    w8.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 8,385
Last edited:

PTGamer

Feb 20, 2011
Nice :D android 2.1 right?

did you change anything from the Original rom?
that was fast :b

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
Done xD

he is finishing the upload :b lets see what comes from this walkman series

i only edited to make it work with mini and also deleted chinese input method and changed suquashi framework so otherwise we couldnt really use the hardware keyboard. if somebody need chinese i need the mini pro chinese input method. which i didnt have. now we are at least able to use hardware keyboard and the stock t9 input method from sony mini pro stock rom.

Reactions: kashifsiddique

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
i tried the musicplayer but it has dependencies to framework and other stuff i guess. maybe someone in the mood to port just the app? maybe myth999 :)?

i tried the musicplayer but it has dependencies to framework and other stuff i guess. maybe someone in the mood to port just the app? maybe myth999 :)?

hehe that would be great :p its a walkman fone so it has more function than the default one on x10 mp 2.1 rite ?
EDIT: I meant the app has more function rite?

Last edited:

DanielFran

Aug 6, 2009
Hi Slade,

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between this ROM and the original SE ROM 2.1 for minipro?

Thanks

Davixxa

Mar 24, 2011
After boot up it just stays and nothing hapens and it says (No Service) when sliding Status Bar down.

azadtaufiq

Mar 28, 2011
kajang
hehe that would be great :p its a walkman fone so it has more function than the default one on x10 mp 2.1 rite ?
EDIT: I meant the app has more function rite?

i ve try the walkman music player in that rom that i grab from x8 custom rom,..actually nothing special bout it..its just the same with miui music player..the difference was just the colour..its orange

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
Only one question :)
The W8 has a 3.2 Mpix Hardware camera ! So this ROM allows only 3.2Mpix picture or 5Mpix ?
I'm not going to use this ROM, I prefer your amazing Froyo ROm :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    the usual stuff i am not responsible if you brick your device. By any means you do it knowing there still might be a possiblity you might get stuck or brick you device

Hey guys,
    this is a Port of the recently in released in China.
    This ROM can still be rooted by SuperOneClick root. Xrecovery comes preinstalled though. Do not forget that the W8 still comes with Android 2.1 still its nice as some of the stuff was updated. So if you want to update you existing 2.1 this might be a great choice.
    You can remove any app you don't want from the zip or copy the ones from 2.1 to the zip you need as well.

Please Backup your build.prop before flashing so you can revert back to original state

Links

W8 Port v1.0 Please read instructions / This is Android Eclair (2.1)

Instructions:

• place on sdcard
    • boot to xrecovery
    • install as custom zip
    • if you come from other custom rom (higher than android 2.1) do a factory reset BEFORE flashing the zip file
    • reboot (like stock SE firmware for pro) takes awfully long

The Works:
    • Everything

The Not Works
    • Nothing found so far

Bugs:
    • Some stuff is not ldpi like the widgets but it works pretty good.
    Screenshots also pending? :rolleyes:

Done xD

Done xD

i only edited to make it work with mini and also deleted chinese input method and changed suquashi framework so otherwise we couldnt really use the hardware keyboard. if somebody need chinese i need the mini pro chinese input method. which i didnt have. now we are at least able to use hardware keyboard and the stock t9 input method from sony mini pro stock rom.
    links up and running
    Hi Slade,

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between this ROM and the original SE ROM 2.1 for minipro?

Thanks

this is based on the newest 2.1 sources and you have "S.E walkman".