Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
[ROM] - 4/20 - CleanROM 1.0 RC1 -★| GB 2.3.6 | Sense 3.0 | MR4 | Clean! |★-

cr2.png

Tbolt1.png

about.png

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Open Mobile MR 4 Update with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are uptdate as of 4/21/2012. ROM is de-odexed and zip aligned

This is Release Candidate 1 and will surely go through enhancements and fixes. Please feel free to share your feedback!

features.png

• No Verizon Apps and are not supported yet. In time support for VZW Apps will be added.
  • Kernel: Stock
  • Sense: Sense 3.0
  • Apps: ES File Explorer, Fast Reboot, WiFi Tether
  • Tweaked: Performance and Battery
  • Enhancements: Extended Quick Settings, Battery with percent

notes.png

• You may get a Notification asking you to "Set Current Time." To disable this notification go to Settings -> Date & Time -> Uncheck Automatic
  • WiFi Tether seems to be touchy with this ROM.
  • The HTC Hot Spot feature works but only seems to be 3G and is FREE!
  • Location does not turn on during initial setup and must be turned on in the Settings.

installation.png

• Place ROM on SD Card
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
  • Flash ROM
  • Profit!

thanks.png

• qd2dc
  • MyComputerDoctor for MMS Fix

Last edited:

Scott

Do you need to be on a desktop to download? The download page just loads white on my phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Yeah, for some reason I cant get the theme to work right with certain mobile browsers. Kinda of Ironic, huh?

If someone with some PHP / HTML / vBulletin skills could help me figure it out that would great!

Reactions: RomsWell

Scott

Haha well it's all good. Flashing now. I have been waiting for a ROM like this. Thanks!

Your welcome. Let me know how it works out for you!

I have been running it a couple days and its been stable and quick. Battery seems decent. I need to clean up the status bar so they use VZW icons instead of the generic ones but thats easy enough. Then I will eventually add support for VZW apps.

Also can you guys play around with the HTC Hot spot? I swear its working for free! I just want to make sure I am not crazy! lol

Panzer87

Apr 12, 2011
Does this rom have native screenshot built in?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Dancershrink

Feb 10, 2012
Awesome to see you working on the Thunderbolt. I have a Rezound and pretty much bounce between CleanRom and Rezrom for my daily driver (while playing with the others that are out there). I'm still a noob but seem to be developing an addiction to flashing roms. Now I get to apply your work to my wife's Thunderbolt. :D

Scott

I'll give it a go once the VZN apps are working. I need my NFL Mobile.

+1
Sent from my HTC Mecha using xda premium

Im considering it but I find such little value in any of the VZW Apps.

Does this rom have native screenshot built in?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Yes it does. I forgot to add that as a "feature" because that is a function of Sense 3.0+ based ROMS.

Any plans to re-release this ROM based off of the latest VZW leak?

That would be stepping backwards from 2.3.6 / Sense 3.0 to 2.3.4 / Sense 2.1.

Going backwards would not make any sense (no pun intended, lol)!

The newest build is sense 2.1, this is 3.0, they are totally different roms.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Yep, you are correct. This is based off the Open Mobile ROM which is a Puerto Rican Carrier (Hence the lack of VZW Support and non branded task bar icons).

Awesome to see you working on the Thunderbolt. I have a Rezound and pretty much bounce between CleanRom and Rezrom for my daily driver (while playing with the others that are out there). I'm still a noob but seem to be developing an addiction to flashing roms. Now I get to apply your work to my wife's Thunderbolt. :D

Yeah, ROM flashing is addictive!

Just like the title says. Great job and Thank you !!!

Thank you!

Dancershrink

Feb 10, 2012
I've got BAMF Forever on my wife's phone with the 2.1 answer screen because she was getting the call answer bug (not allowing the option to answer an incoming call). It seems that all of the Sense 3.0 roms are having the same problem. Do you know if that will be a problem with this one yet? Probably going to wait until you tweak this one a bit more before I start getting in trouble for jacking with her phone. :D

Scott

I've got BAMF Forever on my wife's phone with the 2.1 answer screen because she was getting the call answer bug (not allowing the option to answer an incoming call). It seems that all of the Sense 3.0 roms are having the same problem. Do you know if that will be a problem with this one yet? Probably going to wait until you tweak this one a bit more before I start getting in trouble for jacking with her phone. :D

Yes, I learned a long time ago not to start playing with Wifes phone...

But... This ROM is solid. I have ran it and would say its "wife-able"

And to answer your question about the Sense 3.0 and lockscreen. It works exactly as HTC intended. I have received a few calls and had no issues.

Keep in mind, this is not a port in the sense of porting one version of Sense to a lower version'ed ROM. This is native Sense 3.0 for the device on native Gingerbread 2.3.6 for the device. It was just designed for a PR carrier. I tested this out a for a few days know and its near identical to my Sense 3.0 ROMS for the HTC Evo 3D! Its very fluid!

-Scott

Dcox28

May 18, 2011
This does look cool and would love to try it and still might but I gotta have my NfL mobile as well.

Nate14

Mar 10, 2010
Colorado
How is everyone's 4G speeds on this rom? At my house I tested 4G on CM7, my GB 2.3.4 rom, and CleanROM. (yeah I have no life)

CM7 average 4G speed: 13.14 Mbps
My GB rom: 16.30 Mbps
CleanROM: 4.07 Mbps

I ran three spreed tests on each rom, at the same location on Speakeasy.net
Is this normal for the MR4 rom?
By the way, these were with the 2.11.605.19 radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] - 4/20 - CleanROM 1.0 RC1 -★| GB 2.3.6 | Sense 3.0 | MR4 | Clean! |★-

cr2.png

Tbolt1.png

about.png

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Open Mobile MR 4 Update with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are uptdate as of 4/21/2012. ROM is de-odexed and zip aligned

This is Release Candidate 1 and will surely go through enhancements and fixes. Please feel free to share your feedback!

features.png

• No Verizon Apps and are not supported yet. In time support for VZW Apps will be added.
    • Kernel: Stock
    • Sense: Sense 3.0
    • Apps: ES File Explorer, Fast Reboot, WiFi Tether
    • Tweaked: Performance and Battery
    • Enhancements: Extended Quick Settings, Battery with percent

notes.png

• You may get a Notification asking you to "Set Current Time." To disable this notification go to Settings -> Date & Time -> Uncheck Automatic
    • WiFi Tether seems to be touchy with this ROM.
    • The HTC Hot Spot feature works but only seems to be 3G and is FREE!
    • Location does not turn on during initial setup and must be turned on in the Settings.

installation.png

• Place ROM on SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    • Flash ROM
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• qd2dc
    • MyComputerDoctor for MMS Fix

Also stop putting roms on your wife's phone unless you want to be tech support.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
    Ok can someone give me a link to download this. When i try in OP it takes to his download but no thunderbolt option. Was it taken down or something. This is my wifes phone and she recently been loosing calls and not sending texts. So i figured i would flash Scotts rom because he does solid roms for my S3 but i just cant find it.

CleanROM 1.0
    Anyone have this that would be willing to upload? Scott removed all archived builds from his site..

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

Try HERE
    Going to give it a try. Currently using as well gingeritis 3D.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using xda premium

Great, please feel free to leave any feedback. I am constantly looking to improve the ROMS I create.

Thanks,

-Scott