Wifi Broke xperia s Was Fixed now Broke again

Search This thread

mentalghost

Account currently disabled
Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I am trying to get my WiFi working on .96 stock rom and optino to turn on is faded out., Tried resetting many times tried re installing software and moving everything on to stock rom kernel and firmware etc still does not work.

Was originally it was working on .96 firmware but done some updates went on a custom rom and found wifi not working. So reverted back to stock again and now to only find WiFi is not working on it again.

Any one here know how to fix this problem.

Last edited:

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
I am trying to get my wifi working on .96 stock rom and optino to turn on is faded out., Tried resetting many tiems tried re installing software and moving everything on to stock rom kernel and firmware etc still does not work.

Was originally it was working on .96 firmware but done some updates went on a custom rom and found wifi not working. So reverted back to stock again and now to only find wifi is not working on it again.

Any one here know how to fix this problem.

Try flash the wifi modules http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46145682&highlight=module#post46145682 this will happen when you come from custom kermel like trinity kernel, you must flash back stock wifi modules to make the wifi working:)

Last edited:

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Try flash the wifi modules http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46145682&highlight=module#post46145682 this will happen when you come from custom kermel like trinity kernel, you must flash back stock wifi modules to make the wifi working:)

Thanks for the link. Do I just add them to my phone somewhere and then flash with recovery program?

Also will these work on other roms?

Flashed to phone however didn't work still no wifi after flashing with recovery program. Is it meant to say android devices updating as i didn't see that happen this time

Last edited:

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the link. Do I just add them to my phone somewhere and then flash with recovery program?

Also will these work on other roms?

Flashed to phone however didn't work still no wifi after flashing with recovery program. Is it meant to say android devices updating as i didn't see that happen this time

you are on .96 firmware right? Try flash the baseband from the original .96 ftf with flashtool, make sure exclude all the option except the baseband. Hope it helps:)

Last edited:

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
you are on .96 firmware right? Try flash the baseband from the original .96 ftf with flashtool, make sure exclude all the option except the baseband. Hope it helps:)

Just tried as advised and still the same working between 2 threads 5 people in different places and trying so many things lol its crazy. Am sure ill get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later I hope.

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Just tried as advised and still the same working between 2 threads 5 people in different places and trying so many things lol its crazy. Am sure ill get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later I hope.

Just take it easy dude:) sometimes i wasted a couple hours just to search for solutions and i often get mad but i didnt give up:D since flashing baseband didnt work, i suggest you to flash back to original ftf since this is the last option;)

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Just take it easy dude:) sometimes i wasted a couple hours just to search for solutions and i often get mad but i didnt give up:D since flashing baseband didnt work, i suggest you to flash back to original ftf since this is the last option;)

Where would I look at getting the original one that was gingerbread or first releases as ftf i have is .96 baseband

XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf

Also took phone to shop and they even advised it is some software glitch bug hes had a few people with the same sort of problem and its sony that needs to fix it he was on about some part of the software when flashing is not being wiped out and re applied with new stuff and have to remove the files he even checked to see if the files where their and he said well its not that as plugged phone into a reader and shows the files being removed and re applied from new flash.

What other onces besides the XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf I have is their ? might jsut get every single one of them starting from oldest to new n seeing if any work.

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Where would I look at getting the original one that was gingerbread or first releases as ftf i have is .96 baseband

XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf

Also took phone to shop and they even advised it is some software glitch bug hes had a few people with the same sort of problem and its sony that needs to fix it he was on about some part of the software when flashing is not being wiped out and re applied with new stuff and have to remove the files he even checked to see if the files where their and he said well its not that as plugged phone into a reader and shows the files being removed and re applied from new flash.

What other onces besides the XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf I have is their ? might jsut get every single one of them starting from oldest to new n seeing if any work.

Just use the latest .96 ftf, make sure do the clean install:)

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hmm... Try to reflash to your previous ROM and kernel that has working WiFi. If this also doesn't helps, then I think is hardware related :confused:

I know its not hardware related as I see my wifi option it comes on and goes out and fades away sometimes when hard resetting settings it will light up but then get stuck again, I been reading more about it and found it to be some bug within it and sony have yet to fix the bug that many devices have. tried reverting back to backed up firmware and kernel and no joy still

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hmm... Try to reflash to your previous ROM and kernel that has working WiFi. If this also doesn't helps, then I think is hardware related :confused:

Tried going right back to jingerbread on this it turns on starts scanning and then says error. When using wifi tools I get the error wifi stuck and have looked at sonys database and seems many are reporting the same sort of bugs on the xperia s and other devices with stuck wifi and cant turn on not matter what is done or they have tried.

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Well I look and looked and looked.

RESOLVED after 4 bloody days.

After a shocking discovery this actually worked. But think it might be some bug that is within Sky WiFi thats resolved the problem

1 went to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.cloudwifi

Downloaded installed. Next logged into my account and shortly after I seen devices available to connect to but their cloud. Shortly after saving my settings phone locked up froze and restarted on me n rebooted and then noticed that my ? option was on for saying WiFi available clicked on it and wifi on powered phone down and back on and still on.

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Well I look and looked and looked.

RESOLVED after 4 bloody days.

After a shocking discovery this actually worked. But think it might be some bug that is within Sky WiFi thats resolved the problem

1 went to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.cloudwifi

Downloaded installed. Next logged into my account and shortly after I seen devices available to connect to but their cloud. Shortly after saving my settings phone locked up froze and restarted on me n rebooted and then noticed that my ? option was on for saying WiFi available clicked on it and wifi on powered phone down and back on and still on.

Glad to know that your wifi is fixed:good::good:

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Me to but guess what...... Its stopped working again. the rom I went on is bugy and it crashed n didn't come back on. Booted recovery back up i made and no wifi so this has goto be rom related somewhere or a problem in the builds

Did you format system before flashing a rom?:) when doing major update, this step is optional