[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

geronemo

Jul 5, 2007
wow....awesome that this now supports all devices :D

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

Please don't bash...just asking for a vague idea.

Thanks. :)

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com

One quick question:

I have Verizon GNex running 4.0.4 IMM76K unlocked and rooted thanks to this toolkit.

Any idea when Official Jelly Beans will be released by Google for this device and how soon will we be able to update
GNex using this toolkit.

If I'm not mistaken official is released for all but sprint

And v1.5 supports JB :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010

One quick question:

GNex using this toolkit.

I have no idea when the official JB OTA's will hit the Verizon devices. That's the device I have and I got impatient and flashed JB ROM by vicious. It's pretty much vanilla with a different kernel. But the dev provides a stock kernel as well. I will try to find you a link.

Certainly not here to bash... Questions are always welcome.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
Will be using this as soon as I get mine, seems to be the easiest way, appreciate your work man :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it. :)

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I agree. I am one of the people that have a big problem with adb as I am disabled and really like when a 1 click comes out. I will try this as soon as I get mine and would love to donate if it works. You should put a donate button up so those of us that appreciate the work you and others do could show it. :)

Thank you. I hope you find to be helpful. Donations are greatly appreciated. I didn't put a button but I included a link in the bottom of the OP. Let me know how it works for you or if you have any suggestions of how I could make it better.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Does this kit also install cwr thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Yes. You have the option to root with or without installing cwm. I will update it if new cwm versions come out. There are also 1click buttons for flashing any img file to any partition in the advanced utilities section, so you could use those tools to flash an alternate recovery like the one built by team win.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: neilc300

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com

I have... But it would be more of a rewrite than a port. I built this with autoit which is a native windows programming language. I learned how to code the majority of this as I went, so all the time I spent just figuring out what I was doing would no longer be that helpful. The task of starting over sounds daunting. If I were to rescript it, what language would you recommend? My Linux proficiency is subpar... I know a little bash script but that's about it

{{ WugFresh }}

G

GuestK00431

Doesn't work for me.

Everything is install and no problems with drivers yet it still cant find my Nex7 (running 4.1.1)

flub

Nov 17, 2008
Many Thanks for this
Nexus 7 delivered this morning, unlocked & rooted no probs what so ever

Reactions: jandl07
G

GuestK00431

Great to hear. I am going to be rolling out another update today with some code revisions and possibly some new features. What drivers did you end up using though? Should I switch the ones out in my kit?

{{ WugFresh }}

I just deleted the drivers and windows installed them again for me.

I use windows in work, doubt there's any chance of a Mac version in future? Use iMac at home.

Major_Sarcasm

Jan 26, 2009
South Coast, UK
oceancopy.co.uk
I let my N7 update itself earlier (pretty much immediately after first boot) and it's now on 4.1.1 JRO03C which is not in the drop-down list of devices. Is it ok to select the only one that is available or wait for an update to your app?

Thanks a lot for your efforts by the way :)

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I let my N7 update itself earlier (pretty much immediately after first boot) and it's now on 4.1.1 JRO03C which is not in the drop-down list of devices. Is it ok to select the only one that is available or wait for an update to your app?

I plan on rolling out another update today, and making some sort of updater thing to make easier for everyone to deal with all these incremental toolkit releases. That said, I think if you used the one available most of the toolkit features will work.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: Major_Sarcasm

flub

Nov 17, 2008

my n7 updated and I just used the one that was available unlocked & rooted fine ,no probs

Reactions: Major_Sarcasm

nerusonu

Aug 27, 2011
Does this work on build JR003C? What option should I select since i don't see that build there?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}