LG eXpo (1GHz, QWERTY, & Projector!!!)

Search This thread

ring-bearer

Feb 1, 2009
as far as i can tell.. no you can't.. but that's not to say some genius won't find the config files or reg keys that will allow you to do such...

then again i don't use the LG menu very much.. spb mobile shell is where it's at imho.. it can only get better :)

p.s. i've been using the camera a lot more recently. and i must say i'm pretty pleased with it as well too..can't wait for it to allow zoom in 5mp shots tho.. can currently only do it in pics smaller than 5mp.. x1 was like that at first too..

How are pictures in dim light? Any better than X1?

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
How are pictures in dim light? Any better than X1?

lol roughly the same.. but i'm not one to look for pictures i can take in low light.. i know the importance of light when it comes to pictures.. thus why i've never understood about people taking pictures in pitch black or no light environments with their phone cameras and then complaining that the tiny lil flash it's got didn't make their picture bright enough ahha.. i.e. i use my DSLR if i wanna take a pic of something in low light... not my phone...

however i do use my phone for some macro shots and those have been turnin out really well with this phone..

oTToToTenTanz

Aug 11, 2008
I guess the vieo playback is good - it just has to be when you have a projector, but... do you feel the difference to xperia video playback? N how about custom roms. Do you think there will be a manila out for this LG phone?

I'd really like to have one =)

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
does this phone have a g sensor? i was holding out for an att hd2 but with nothing in sight i was considering getting one of these with a 2 yr contract for 100 through amazon att. I currently have a fuze and with sense ui and the recent release of pfsce .10 i am looking for something for snappier. i am a little reluctent to stay away from htc and go back to stock roms. would you recommend it?

Unfortunately LG locks down the acelsensor so that you can't use g-sensor games. They did this on the Incite and wouldn't release the coding to make g-sensor games compatible with the phone. If they hold true to this then most likely they won't release the coding for the eXpo's acelsensor either.

theyllib

Oct 7, 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
As far as video playback, ive loaded up a 3 gig high def video onto my SD card and had my phone play it flawlessly, skipping around random spots instantly.. Its VERY snappy with video playback i think LG was on top of that. Compaired to every phone ive ever had this thing blows video away.. It competes with my desktop.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Well I just saw some video reviews and must say - not impressed at all.

I mean the formfactor is almost identical to X1/X2,
but actually has too many bad things to even consider it.

This touch sensor is not convincing at all, LG UI is senseless and looks like a
worse version of WM 6.5 and the keyboard is nice but lacks WM menu key....

ring-bearer

Feb 1, 2009
As far as video playback, ive loaded up a 3 gig high def video onto my SD card and had my phone play it flawlessly, skipping around random spots instantly.. Its VERY snappy with video playback i think LG was on top of that. Compaired to every phone ive ever had this thing blows video away.. It competes with my desktop.

Any other positives and negatives that you could share?

meds88

Feb 21, 2010
Anchorage,AK
I got the lg expo off ebay. i love windows mobile been a harcore samsung/winmo fan. this is my first lg. phones great , much better then i expected well worth it

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
So is this the only 1GHz Snapdragon Windows Mobile resistive screen phone with a full qwerty keyboard currently on the market?

I currently have a Touch Pro and was having a hard time convincing myself to upgrade to a Touch Pro 2 when the only difference is a bigger screen. The Toshiba K01 is going to be capacitive, the Samsung OmniPro doesn't have HSPA 850 and the Acer M900 has too little memory (and possibly poor build quality?).

phatride4ever

Dec 27, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I believe your right. There are still not too many snapdragons out there yet. The fingerprint sensor is nice too. LG idles (LG's interface) isnt my favorite though.

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
My most used application is Remote Desktop Mobile to connect to my HTPC remotely. You really need a stylus to operate a desktop operating system and you can't properly use a stylus on a capacitive screen (I'm not interested in zooming in and out so that I can use my finger).

Although I just read that the eXpo doesn't have a stylus holder, that almost kills it for me.

Give the eXpo a 5 row qwerty keyboard, 3.5 mm headphone jack and a stylus holder and it would be perfect.

phatride4ever

Dec 27, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Styles holder would be nice, I never had an issue with the 4 row. The good thing about the 4 row is that the keys arent close to the screen like the tp2 and there also is larger keys with the 4 row.

josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
My most used application is Remote Desktop Mobile to connect to my HTPC remotely. You really need a stylus to operate a desktop operating system and you can't properly use a stylus on a capacitive screen (I'm not interested in zooming in and out so that I can use my finger).

Although I just read that the eXpo doesn't have a stylus holder, that almost kills it for me.

Give the eXpo a 5 row qwerty keyboard, 3.5 mm headphone jack and a stylus holder and it would be perfect.

i dont like that the expo does not have a headphone jack also. but the biggest thing i dont like it i think the phone is too small also i think that the expo should have an option for an extended battery. but those are pretty small things i still like the expo more than any other hand held i have ever used.

itsmebryan

May 6, 2006
Carson,CA
i dont like that the expo does not have a headphone jack also. but the biggest thing i dont like it i think the phone is too small also i think that the expo should have an option for an extended battery. but those are pretty small things i still like the expo more than any other hand held i have ever used.

Right now I'm on the fence. My contract with ATT is up in july. I really want to replace my ATT Fuze. I'm stuck between getting the EXPO or Tilt2 now without a contract. Or I could just wait till the end of the year and maybe get a Win7 or android phone at the end of the year. Is the expo a big improvement over the fuze. Is the interface and good as the HTC? I have had HTC phones since the 8125 that I still have as back up. ;) Thanks for any input.

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
I was pretty much in the same situation. Previously owned a HTC Touch and Touch Pro. I really liked my Touch Pro but was itching for a bigger screen.

Played with a Tilt 2 for a bit and really liked it, but was very disappointed that it had pretty much the exact same guts as my Touch Pro. I found my Touch Pro a little sluggish and was disappointed that it couldn't handle VGA or WVGA DIVX content without being re-encoded. The GPS pissed me off and the camera pretty much sucked. Also, Left & Right on the directional pad was very difficult to execute reliably.

I am extremely satisfied with my LG IQ/eXpo. The snapdragon processor is significantly faster, even on the Titanium home screen, the animation is so much smoother. I can now download DivX movies and watch then on my phone without having to re-encode them. The screen is surprisingly bigger than my Touch Pro. The fingerprint scanner works quite well as a directional pad and the keyboard is actually very nice.

Cons:
- Since this phone was originally conceived as a Windows 7 phone, they didn't design a stylus holder. I have my LG stylus on my keychain for backup and I carry a full size Cross stylus in my pocket when I remember.
- I really miss the Ctrl button on my Touch Pro. The Tilt 2 doesn't have one either, but I was planning on swapping the keyboard with one from a Touch Pro 2.
- despite having a 5MPixel Camera sensor, the camera isn't that much better.

Pretty much the only thing the Tilt 2 has going for it over my IQ is the bigger screen and better support here on XDA. I find the IQ/eXpo is very easy to cook for and it doesn't require a Hard SPL.

Plus, a Tilt 2 would have cost me around $450. I purchased my IQ online, unlocked for $300. I am very satisfied. :D