mount: Invalid argument

typeing mount on its own gives a list:

rootfs / rootfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /devlog ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /vendor/firmware/misc vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocha
rset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /app-cache tmpfs rw,relatime,size=8192k,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/data/d /data/d debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
htcfs /data/htcfs fuse.htcfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:65 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,
allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:65 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=
0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.androirc-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=c
p437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.svox.pico.voice.eng.gbr-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=
0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

any ideas ?

LeopardsX

Aug 10, 2011
Gwynedd
www.amike.net
Ok i just copyed the file over to the sdcard its 30 odd meg is size.. and is mostly blank exept a few places, but there are no numbers.. if there are its encoded.. or mmcblk0p3 is not the correct file..

the files i have are:

mmcblk1p1
mmcblk1
mmcblk0p31
mmcblk0p30
mmcblk0p29
mmcblk0p28
mmcblk0p27
mmcblk0p26
mmcblk0p25
mmcblk0p24
mmcblk0p23
mmcblk0p22
mmcblk0p21
mmcblk0p20
mmcblk0p19
mmcblk0p18
mmcblk0p17
mmcblk0p16
mmcblk0p15
mmcblk0p14
mmcblk0p13
mmcblk0p12
mmcblk0p11
mmcblk0p10
mmcblk0p9
mmcblk0p8
mmcblk0p7
mmcblk0p6
mmcblk0p5
mmcblk0p4
mmcblk0p3
mmcblk0p2
mmcblk0p1
mmcblk0
loop7
loop6
loop5
loop4
loop3
loop2
loop1
loop0

So i guess ill copy some of these across and see what i can find..

el_antonio59

Apr 27, 2011
brick after tutorial? any suggestion?

Hi, I have made this tutorial step by step. All was fine. I have my unlock code, but when i turned off and on again, the SG Ace dont display anything in the screen.
The display attempts to power but fails. Is a loop.
Any suggestion for nmy problem?
Thanks a lot

intrax

Jul 7, 2006
On the banks of the river Maas
I.o installing the android sdk to be able to use adb to get a root shell you can just install sshdroid (sshserver free from android market) on your phone to get a ssh connection from your pc (putty) to your phone and you will have a root shell too...

Last edited:

martani

Nov 3, 2009
My phone broke on this too, it doesn't start anymore!

I installed new ROM but there is no sound and the phone doesn't detect any networks :/

Is there anyway to reinstall the original ROM.

Please let me know if you know the solution

Jc_master

Jun 13, 2011
Ciudad Juarez
My phone broke on this too, it doesn't start anymore!

I installed new ROM but there is no sound and the phone doesn't detect any networks :/

Is there anyway to reinstall the original ROM.

Please let me know if you know the solution

All this comments are so strange to me, this tutorial is so simple and most of this cases happens because you dont umount the efs folder, i have succesfully bricked my phone just by dont umounting the efs folder and bringed my phone back to life following the tutorial that i prevously posted and installing some custom rom, i dont know why the phone gets bricked by dont umounting the efs folder, but anyways just be carefull with the steps, and nothing will happen, remember that i did this to 15 SGA phones and i only bricked mine's on purpose by skipping the umount step.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

martani

Nov 3, 2009
All this comments are so strange to me, this tutorial is so simple and most of this cases happens because you dont umount the efs folder, i have succesfully bricked my phone just by dont umounting the efs folder and bringed my phone back to life following the tutorial that i prevously posted and installing some custom rom, i dont know why the phone gets bricked by dont umounting the efs folder, but anyways just be carefull with the steps, and nothing will happen, remember that i did this to 15 SGA phones and i only bricked mine's on purpose by skipping the umount step.

Hi,

Can could please post more details about how did you fix it?

What ROM you used, manipulations after it, and how did you restored to a Froyo ROM if so.

Thank you

LeopardsX

Aug 10, 2011
Gwynedd
www.amike.net
If your having trubble starting your phone just use

adb reboot with eather bootloader or recovery command, i had to do this once, as on my home screen it sudendly disaplyed the white HTC logo for some reason, and couldent do anything with it.. untill i forced it to boot by sending that command it was fine after lol

rogerowl

Apr 1, 2010
Hi,

First of all congratulations for the excellent tutorial.
I've try this method in a Gio S5660, using SSHDroid instead of the ADB Shell and it's working. No more network lock. :)

eduardito

Dec 13, 2006
rogerowl

I can not acces my phone with adb could you please post the instructions on how to do it with SSHdroid

thanks

indeezindii

Mar 17, 2011
Hmmm...looks familiar. You could at least name me in your OP.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12099386&postcount=6

Nice TUT by the way.

Cheers

yup, i believe credits ought to go to you and few other people - i remember reading through "where is my /efs" thread- and i found it quite a mission you guys were trying there to read from /efs partition ,including bricking phones and so on...
respect!
and regarding topic here - either OP is pure genius (managed himself alone to do what took you many guys so long) or simply forgot to mention it wasn't his invention..?
cheers

Last edited:

Jc_master

Jun 13, 2011
Ciudad Juarez
Upss i forgot to mention this, i get my SGA a month ago from a friend of my who buyed a cargo of samsung phones to resell, and he teached me how to do this, i dont know where did he get this info, i just made the tutorial, take the screenshots and all that stuff, before posting this i trained my self with 15 of my friend phones, and once i was ready i posted this, i dont like stealing things from other people, so if this was other people info im sorry for that, but this was told to me by mu friend so i did not think that it was necesary to say where did i get this info. Im not a coder or something like that, i just wanted to share something with this community.

razorsbk

Jul 15, 2010
well, i get this error after this command ( mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs ):

mount: No such file or directory

what to do ?

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 818
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method outdated and risky.

Improved method: http://xdaforums.com/show...5#post17148825

Hi Everybody, Im Jcmaster and im Kind of new in this forum, i have been following this forum for some time ind i think its time to give something to this comunity, i have been searched for a while and found nothing like this, i'dont know if this is ilegal (i dont think so) or if it is in the wrong section but i will continue any ways.

Ok this is to all the people who had they phones bricked while doing this, First of all, i succesfully Bricked my phone and bring it back to life by doing the following.
    I was reading all the messages from people who bricked their phones by doing this tutorial and i did not understand how they did it so i tried to brick my phone to see how to fix it, but the only way i could do this was by skiping the last step, umount /efs, when i did not make this and restarted my phone, the phone get bricked, it onli lighted up the screen and do nothing.

Once i managed to brick my phone i just downloaded the KPN gingerbread rom, and the brazilian rom, y followed this tutorial to unbrick my phone: This is The Tutorial
    I Installed the KPN with the OPS and the Modem files of the brazilian rom, once i got the rom running my phone was kinda messy, some random error messages and many more, so i did a wipe of the chache and dalvik and restarted the phone an it was ok, and the i installed the Fla.sh rom via odin and thats the rom im runing now and i dont have any problem, well thats how i bricked/unbricked my phone on purpose, and dont forget the last step, umount/efs. i hope it works for somebody because i worked with me.

Firts Things First, I'm not responsible for a, Brick or semibrick that may come with this tutorial i have succesfully unlocked 15 Phones and by the thime they dont have any problem, so i suggest to read the entire post as many times is needed to understand the entire procedure & clarify all the doubts that you may have.
    If you have a cuestion, please ask it, its better to wait some time until you have an answer that brick your phone, and also your cuestions are usefull for other people.
    Once this is understood lets proceed.

Ok ill start with the Requirements.

You Will Need:

Your Samsung Galaxy Ace (obviously)

The original Usb Cable that comes with the phone.
    Your Computer (I will use Windows XP for the demonstration, because i dont know how to do it with other O.S)
    Your Phone has to be Rooted
    Samsung Kies Installed Wich can be found HERE
    ADB wich comes with Android SDK and can be found HERE

Ok Once you have all that stuff we can continue.

I will not teach how to Root your device because custom roms are already rooted and if you have a stock rom there are plenty tutorialn on hou to root it, and also i will not teach you how to install Kies because its realle easy and anyone can do it, i will only teach you how to install Andoid SDK and the specific ADB Package OK lets start.

Once you have downloaded the Android SDK Run the Installer trough all the steps to install it, I recomend to Install it in "C:" disk so it makes easier to make al the further steps, if it ask for the Java SDK just download and install, restart the Android SDK Installer and continue, Once its Fully Installed open it and do this next steps:

1-Go to the "Available Packages" Option on your left Menu
    2-Click on the "Refresh" Button ond the bottom Right and wait until it finish
    3-From Items select the "Andoid SDK platform-tools, revision 6" Item
    4-Click the "Install Selected" button on the botton right and wait until it finish
    5-Now you can either close the SDK or leave it open.
    Image:
    2011-08-04_140832.png

Now that you installed the SDK and the ADB its time to set the Path so the cmd.exe recognizes the ADB, there are two methods, One With cmd.exe (console) and one with the My PC Properties, i will explain bot of them.

Cmd.exe (console) Method.

Click on your start button and select "Run" from the Start Menu, type cmd.exe on the box and press enter.
    Once the CMD its open write the next Text: set PATH=%PATH%;C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    The text Write in Bold means your SDK Installation Directory, thats why i told you to Installa the sdk In C: Disk, just check that your Installation Directory is the same as mine or modify the line according to your needs.

My PC Properties Method.

Open My PC, and Right click on a blank space,
    Select "Properties" from the just opened contextual menu,
    On My PC Properties select the "Advanced Options" Tab
    On the "Advanced Options" tab click on the "Environment Variables" button.
    Now Mark the "Path" Variable and click the "Edit" Button.
    At the end of the line add this text:
    ;C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    Remember that The text Write in Bold means your SDK Installation Directory, thats why i told you to Install the SDK In C: Disk, just check that your Installation Directory is the same as mine or modify the line according to your needs.

Ok now you have completly installed the android SDK and the ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) and you can now do the final steps to Unlock or Get the Unlock Code for Your Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Ok now that you have Installed all the necessary programs:

Connect your SGA to your Computer via the included USB Cable. (the drivers should be installed by now, Kies installs them automaticaly)
    Click on you start button and open the "Run" option, on Run type cmd.exe and press enter.
    Now on Cmd.exe type the next text to acces the ADB Shell:
    cd C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    Remember that this means your Android SDK Installation directory, so if you get an error, check that the route is well writed and if you installed it in a diferent directory just modify the line so it fits to your needs, just remeber to pur - instead of spaces and \ (not / ) to indicate folders.
    Image:
    cmd-1.png
    Now that you are in "C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" type: adb shell
    Image:
    cmd-2.png
    Now That you are in adb shell type the next command: su
    At this point you have to give root premission to adb shell on you Phone
    Image:
    cmd-3.png
    Ok now that adb shell has root premission and its inside you phone, type the next line:
    cd /
    Now be carefull and notice that there are spaces in the line and that we are using / instead of \
    Image:
    cmd-4.png
    Ok now that you typed cd / type the next line: mount -o remount rw /
    Image:
    cmd-5.png
    Ok Now type: mkdir /efs
    Image:
    cmd-6.png
    And now type: mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
    Image:
    cmd-7.png
    And now type: cat /efs/mits/perso.txt
    And you will get some strange characters on the screen and a 8 digit number, thats your unlock code, copy it in paper or in a Notepad file, but check it twice so you get the correct number, also the number provided is unique so dont try to use your number with other phones or use my number with yours.
    Image:
    cmd-8.png

Ok Now that you Have your Code just type: umount /efs

And disconnect your phone from your computer, turn off your Phone and insert a SIM from another company, it will ask for the Unlock Code, just type the code that you just get and you are done, your phone is now unlocked and without brick risk.
    Image:
    block.png
    Now you can check that your cellphone is unlocked by typing the next code on your numeric keyboard, like if you where doing a call: *#7465625#
    Image:
    sc20110805-152906.png

And thats it, its really easy, and its really safe if you read everything, and clear your doubts.

All the images are mine and i learned this from a friend of my, but its tested in 15 Samsung Galaxy Ace Phones an none get hurt XD,

Well thats it, remember to comment and ask as many times you need, im glad to answer all of your questions, se you later

top-banner-t.png
    Thanks for ur contribution......... Luckily we dont have network lock in our country
    Hello

I bought 2 Galaxy Gio's, both of them rooted successfully.
    I was able to unlock the first one using the exact instructions in the first post, put in a different carriers sim card, used the unlock code and it worked! so Thanks for these steps JC_Master!

Then I used the exact same steps to unlock the 2nd Gio (including the umount /efs), unplugged and powered down the phone, put in another carriers sim, turned on the phone, but this time I didnt get the option to enter the unlock code. The phone just booted up into the home screen and I see a message at the top saying (no service). I then checked the IMEI number by entering *#06# and it says null/null. I did a factory reset hoping to start from scratch but I still get this message, and no IMEI#

Does anyone know how to fix this?? I'd appreciate any suggestions, Thanks

Same story here. the one ended up with a null IMEI #
    I will post if i find a solution.

EDIT: I have found a solution from samdroid website where you pay $20 nv_data.bin file for a Spica model. Seeing how we have working phones. I am wondering if there is a way to copy /efs folder, edit the nvdata.bin to have the correct IMEI number and then write them back to the busted phones.