Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

h0tw1r3

Nov 15, 2010
Chicago
github.com
h0tkernel - OC up to 1.92 Ghz!

Builds, support, and annoucements have moved to Github.

Flashable versions available on Github.

Supporting and distributing software on a forum like this is just plain maddening. If you have a problem, please create an issue on github.

--- Remainder of OP kept for historical purposes ---

Features:
  • Overclock up to 1.9 GHz
  • Voltage control (over/under volt)
  • Kernel shared memory pages (KSM)
  • NTFS enabled
  • BLN support
  • Default ONDEMAND governor
  • Works with any Note ICS rom

Download link removed

Questions? Read This First!

Changes
Code:
7/15: r2
    Touch lights always on, fixed.
    Added a slew of governors: pegasusq, lulzactive, fantasy, smartassv2, hotplug
    Added io schedulers: sio, vr

7/15: r1b
    Enabled MTP

7/14: r1a
    Cranked out updater that should work with ANY ICS rom.
    No more messing with mount points or other stuff.

7/13: r1
    Janky release for everyone to salivate over.

Use the source luke!

Last edited:

h0tw1r3

Nov 15, 2010
Chicago
github.com
FAQ

Is the r1a not up yet? Or is the zip still called r1? I've checked goo.im and in the op link and is r1!

r1 is r1a. I just copied r1.zip to r1a.zip. Sorry for the confusion.

Kernel Samepage Merging. In layman's terms it combines duplicate chunks of memory freeing up space for even more stuff to be loaded in RAM. To try it out, open a terminal and run:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run
After some time the kernel will check memory pages that have been marked as merge-able and do it's thing. See /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_* files for stats.

I do not see any voltage control on h0tw1r3 10.1 ROM. Do we (or can we) flash this OC kernel over h0tw1r3 10.1 ROM and does the r1a have built-in undervolting or do we have to use external app?

Voltage control is not (currently) in CM9. I will be "working on it soon"(tm), in the meantime try one of these 3rd party apps: Antutu CPU Master, SetCPU

BLN works on stock, you'll need a modified liblights.so located here http://www.multiupload.nl/OLYNDF7TLK push to /systsm/lib/hw/
set correct permissions and reboot and bln should be working.

This necessary for stock, and possibly some AOSP roms. I will be including a fixed liblights in the next update.
To take advantage of BLN, you'll need to install an app (unless you're on my CM9, it's built-in - Settings->Advanced->Sensors).
BLN control - Free

great job, sir! long awaited and much needed. is there any chance you could throw in some nice CPU governors like SmartassV2, InteractiveX and add BFQ IO scheduler from this list ?

Coming soon.

My overclock settings don't stick after the screen goes off. Using set cpu. I'm assuming because the rom (Flappjaxxx UCLF6) has it own setting for cpu so when the phone goes to sleep it gets over ridden. Not sure I can turn those off in the rom.

Sounds like FJ_mod is not reading the settings directly from the kernel, but instead always using values internal to FJ_mod which end up blowing away your settings on wakeup :(. I'm sure he will update FJ_mod soon to fix the issue.

OK so i think I figured it out. For those on fjs roms. You have to disable andrev oc so it disables the CPU profiles set in fj-tools. I did this by using rom toolbox. Go into root explorer and browse to system/xbin and find the andrev oc file and rename it to andrev oc.bak then set a CPU profile with which ever app you are using and reboot. I'm using system tuner to both overclock and undervolt. This is working for me so far. You can check by going into settings ans clicking on CPU tweak. If it force closes then its disabled. I was checking logcats and it is no longer changing the CPU back to default settings on screen lock. Flap feel free to chime in if this is gonna break something else. Other wise no issues yet.

Thanks for sharing the work-around to FJ's roms!

Working perfect after update. Only issue as people are mentioning is cpu setting does not stick on reboot.

This is a kernel update only. You will need a 3rd party app to manage the settings and make sure it has the option to "apply settings on reboot".

Last edited:
C

cjsspape

Simply amazing! Great work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

J

juwttt

I thought I would be waiting weeks for a dev to release an ICS OC kernel. Thanks for the quick and wonderful work!!

C

cjsspape

I'm running king kang and all is good on this front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h0tkernel - OC up to 1.92 Ghz!

Builds, support, and annoucements have moved to Github.

Flashable versions available on Github.

Supporting and distributing software on a forum like this is just plain maddening. If you have a problem, please create an issue on github.

--- Remainder of OP kept for historical purposes ---

Features:
    • Overclock up to 1.9 GHz
    • Voltage control (over/under volt)
    • Kernel shared memory pages (KSM)
    • NTFS enabled
    • BLN support
    • Default ONDEMAND governor
    • Works with any Note ICS rom

Download link removed

Questions? Read This First!

Changes
    Code:
    7/15: r2
        Touch lights always on, fixed.
        Added a slew of governors: pegasusq, lulzactive, fantasy, smartassv2, hotplug
        Added io schedulers: sio, vr

7/15: r1b
        Enabled MTP

7/14: r1a
        Cranked out updater that should work with ANY ICS rom.
        No more messing with mount points or other stuff.

7/13: r1
        Janky release for everyone to salivate over.

Use the source luke!
    FAQ

Is the r1a not up yet? Or is the zip still called r1? I've checked goo.im and in the op link and is r1!

r1 is r1a. I just copied r1.zip to r1a.zip. Sorry for the confusion.

Kernel Samepage Merging. In layman's terms it combines duplicate chunks of memory freeing up space for even more stuff to be loaded in RAM. To try it out, open a terminal and run:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run
    After some time the kernel will check memory pages that have been marked as merge-able and do it's thing. See /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_* files for stats.

I do not see any voltage control on h0tw1r3 10.1 ROM. Do we (or can we) flash this OC kernel over h0tw1r3 10.1 ROM and does the r1a have built-in undervolting or do we have to use external app?

Voltage control is not (currently) in CM9. I will be "working on it soon"(tm), in the meantime try one of these 3rd party apps: Antutu CPU Master, SetCPU

BLN works on stock, you'll need a modified liblights.so located here http://www.multiupload.nl/OLYNDF7TLK push to /systsm/lib/hw/
    set correct permissions and reboot and bln should be working.

This necessary for stock, and possibly some AOSP roms. I will be including a fixed liblights in the next update.
    To take advantage of BLN, you'll need to install an app (unless you're on my CM9, it's built-in - Settings->Advanced->Sensors).
    BLN control - Free

great job, sir! long awaited and much needed. is there any chance you could throw in some nice CPU governors like SmartassV2, InteractiveX and add BFQ IO scheduler from this list ?

Coming soon.

My overclock settings don't stick after the screen goes off. Using set cpu. I'm assuming because the rom (Flappjaxxx UCLF6) has it own setting for cpu so when the phone goes to sleep it gets over ridden. Not sure I can turn those off in the rom.

Sounds like FJ_mod is not reading the settings directly from the kernel, but instead always using values internal to FJ_mod which end up blowing away your settings on wakeup :(. I'm sure he will update FJ_mod soon to fix the issue.

OK so i think I figured it out. For those on fjs roms. You have to disable andrev oc so it disables the CPU profiles set in fj-tools. I did this by using rom toolbox. Go into root explorer and browse to system/xbin and find the andrev oc file and rename it to andrev oc.bak then set a CPU profile with which ever app you are using and reboot. I'm using system tuner to both overclock and undervolt. This is working for me so far. You can check by going into settings ans clicking on CPU tweak. If it force closes then its disabled. I was checking logcats and it is no longer changing the CPU back to default settings on screen lock. Flap feel free to chime in if this is gonna break something else. Other wise no issues yet.

Thanks for sharing the work-around to FJ's roms!

Working perfect after update. Only issue as people are mentioning is cpu setting does not stick on reboot.

This is a kernel update only. You will need a 3rd party app to manage the settings and make sure it has the option to "apply settings on reboot".
    New release up. Fixes touchkey lights and adds a bunch of (untested) governors and io schedulers. Enjoy
    For those wanting a stock version it will be later tonight. My sons birthday takes priority :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    R5 disables WiFi for me. Had to revert to R4.

Please file a bug report on Github :good:

I will personally look into every problem if I can. I hope everyone here can see the benefits (both to you and me) of having a dedicated issue tracker where anyone can collaborate and get definitive status updates.

Developing, collaborating, debugging, building, and distributing all while sifting through hundreds (or thousands in the case of the CM9 kang) of posts does not scale :mad: Ultimately it makes for a shoddy software product, terrible customer (ie. you) experience, and burnt out developers.

How many times have you seen a thread with repost after repost after repost? (the cm9 kang thread was stupid long) :crying:

On a personal note. I hope nobody takes this as me saying XDA sucks, because it just doesn't - but there are better tools for the job. Under normal circumstances I could keep doing the XDA distribution / support thing, but right now I am going through some serious legal battles. Which is probably why I reacted so rashly to the legalistic demands from the moderator.

Enjoy the kernels, and look for something that starts with a J soon!