Best case for HTC One X

Search This thread

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
Hello fellow one X owners,

I am new to the community, thanks to Toaster Strudels. Anyways, I am looking for a case, costs are not an issue. What are some of the best cases to get for this device?

Thanks in advance!

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hello fellow one X owners,

I am new to the community, thanks to Toaster Strudels. Anyways, I am looking for a case, costs are not an issue. What are some of the best cases to get for this device?

Thanks in advance!

Depends,
Strength-Otterbox Defender
Lightweight-Amzer Shellster/Incipio Feather
TPU-Rocketfish
Hybrid-Otterbox Commuter/Speck Candyshell

*THESE ARE ALL IMO

Reactions: d0wnti.me

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
I bought the ballistic slim case, it should be arriving tomorrow. Seems decent, I bought other ballistic cases and was overall satisfied with them

G

GuestK00345

Incipio Silicrylic.

Had the Ballistics, Diztronic, Speck Candy shell Grip, Rocketfish TPU, and CIMO TPU....none lasted more than a few days with me. The Incipio is real nice. I almost want to pick up a second color.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Vendetta-NY

Jul 30, 2007
Still digging my Casemate Smooth. A lot. Purchased from expansys.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD. In between Force Clo...

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
That one protects very well. Just doesn't look too pretty haha

Sent from my Speak and Spell

Well I only spent $15
so if I dislike it no big deal lol

Incipio Silicrylic.

Had the Ballistics, Diztronic, Speck Candy shell Grip, Rocketfish TPU, and CIMO TPU....none lasted more than a few days with me. The Incipio is real nice. I almost want to pick up a second color.

I have been hearing a lot about the Incipio, really going to check into them

Still digging my Casemate Smooth. A lot. Purchased from expansys.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD. In between Force Clo...

Thanks, I will be sure to check it out!

G

GuestK00345

Cool man! I don't doubt you will like it. I'm staying tuned to this thread as I have a bit of a case addiction.

Envynet

Oct 19, 2009
Columbus
My wife uses the incipio sillicrylic it is a nice case, however I just cant stand the case being loose on the sides of my phone. I am using the speck candyshell and it is built well with no flapping of the inner layers.

The only knock against the candyshell is don't plan on taking it off and on a lot it is a beast to get the case off the phone.

damagecase13

May 11, 2007
Right now I'm using the Speck Candyshell with a Steinheil ultra crystal (I think) screen protector. I cn honestly say that out off all the cases I've used on all the phones I've owned, it seriously is amazing. Best one I've ever used. I always had an issue with dust, dirt, lint, or whatever else getting into my cases. So I started cleaning them every day. Well with this case, it's not an issue one bit!! It's a hybrid case. So it has a rock hard outer shell, with a nice hard silicone inside. The corners are almost "split" So if you drop it, the silicone will absorb all of the impact. Also, the edges on the front around the screen are all that same hard silicone. Couple it with a good seen protector and your good to go!!

Since its a hybrid case it doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all. It's amazing. Buttons all work perfect too.

It might be on the the expensive side, and a b*tch to get on and off at first... But it is WELL worth it!

Sent from my HTC One X on CM10!

cappyandroid

Feb 2, 2011
I love my ROCK Quicksand case, looks great and adds no bulk, but grip. Won't protect your phone much, but.....be careful with it..

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
Right now I'm using the Speck Candyshell with a Steinheil ultra crystal (I think) screen protector. I cn honestly say that out off all the cases I've used on all the phones I've owned, it seriously is amazing. Best one I've ever used. I always had an issue with dust, dirt, lint, or whatever else getting into my cases. So I started cleaning them every day. Well with this case, it's not an issue one bit!! It's a hybrid case. So it has a rock hard outer shell, with a nice hard silicone inside. The corners are almost "split" So if you drop it, the silicone will absorb all of the impact. Also, the edges on the front around the screen are all that same hard silicone. Couple it with a good seen protector and your good to go!!

Since its a hybrid case it doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all. It's amazing. Buttons all work perfect too.

It might be on the the expensive side, and a b*tch to get on and off at first... But it is WELL worth it!

I'm leaning towards this combination as another option. Thank you for the valuable insight

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington

+1
I have bought two Specks(red and black), both paired with Ghost Armor screen protectors...best part is how cases fitted for the 1X, w/o adding much bulk at all! Also my main concern was to protect lens - and it's just perfect...few mm over the camera :D

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
Just purchased a incipio silicrylic, looking into the candyshell and feather cases now

So the silicrylic case arrived today I do like it however the loose silicone does bother me a little bit.

Also the ballistic slim case is not what I anticipated it to be. I'll probably be selling that and picking up the candyshell or feather case.

Thank you all for the feedback up to this point I do appreciate it greatly.

G

GuestK00345

So the silicrylic case arrived today I do like it however the loose silicone does bother me a little bit.

Also the ballistic slim case is not what I anticipated it to be. I'll probably be selling that and picking up the candyshell or feather case.

Thank you all for the feedback up to this point I do appreciate it greatly.

When playing with the silicone, yeah it is (compared to the Ballistics case for instance) but in real use it's treated me well. Did you get the incipio in a color other than black? If so, I may be interested in purchasing from you if you don't want it.

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
When playing with the silicone, yeah it is (compared to the Ballistics case for instance) but in real use it's treated me well. Did you get the incipio in a color other than black? If so, I may be interested in purchasing from you if you don't want it.

I got it in the grey/volt or neon whatever you want to call it. I will keep you in mind if I decide to part with it. I found it on ebay for 14.99 I believe

As for now I am going to price the other cases and go from there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to start a new thread, but this one is screaming along so I will add my experience to this one

I was pretty taken by the Otterbox Defender (black) and got one at the end of July. At first I was pretty happy with it. The fit was good, and even though it's a chunky case, it was only 1mm bigger all round then my flip case.

A couple of months later, the rubber around the top and bottom of the phone started getting loose, and the back started to bubble off the back of the phone, and at this point it has stretched to sit about 5mm off the phone. I was also a bit iffy on the amount of dust and dead skin that makes its way though the speaker grill slot down in between the phone screen and the protective cover. Also, the little flappy bit that protects the charge point is starting to tear away.

On a whim, I decided to email Otterbox and give them some feedback on my experience. I wasn't necessarily after any financial or replacement results, I merely wanted to express my disappointment in their product.
    I was emailed within 12 hrs asking for photos and the product ID from the case. I replied
    I was emailed within 3hrs of those photos asking for my full residential address.
    I was then emailed within 12 hrs with an invoice showing a brand new shipped Otterbox defender replacing my unit.

Now I don't think I would buy another one of these cases for this phone. I honestly think it's a design flaw, and that the rubber is going to give way again sooner or later. However, I can't fault their customer service. There was never any issue with the warranty claim (which I never really submitted) and their correspondence has been fantastic

I will post again if they have made any improvements between the first one I got, and the replacement that is on the way
    Just thought I would let you know I heard a rumor about a new case that comes out in March called the "Shocksuit" by Body Glove Mobile... I have seen the produtypes a couple times and it looks sweet!

Definitely protective and super slim!

Wow only took you guys what 10 months after the release of the phone to get a prototype built. You have a partnership with AT&T's R&D department?
    I like the Seidio Active line, myself. I've used them on all of my Android phones and they offer great protection without adding much weight or bulk.
    I just got myself an Otterbox Commuter Case Blue/Black. It fits and looks great and really protects my HOX. And it's on sale for $19.87 on amazon right now. That's 60% off the original price

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-HTC4...7-19010+HTC+One+X+Commuter+Series+Case+-+Blue
    That's kind of unfortunate, I guess I'll have to see for myself how much that would bother me. How good/bad is the grip of the case though? And does it attract dust inside the case? I thought about getting the incipio sillicrylic but the lint attraction bothers me a lot

Well unlike some other cases it doesn't actually touch the camera ring, but kind of hovers about 2mm above it, which can attract some dust underneath it that you'll probably only see when you take off the case. Also I forgot to mention, the case encroaches pretty far onto the left and right side of the glass on the front, so you might have problems if your using a full sized wet application screen protector like I was.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app