WiFi Disconnecting constantly (fix)

Search This thread

whizkris

Dec 22, 2007
super

Wow
.worked like magic

Okay if you are having WiFi issues and it disconnect every 3-4 min here is the fix

Go to phone
On the keypad dial *#0011#
Automatically should go onto a screen
Press menu
Go WiFi
There should be a button there saying WiFi saving and it should be ON turn it OFF
And then reboot
Done

Make sure you leave a thanks if I helped ;)
And I would love to know if this helped
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

amsartawi

Jul 10, 2005
Thank you mate, it worked beautifully.

Okay if you are having WiFi issues and it disconnect every 3-4 min here is the fix

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
There should be a button there saying WiFi saving and it should be ON turn it OFF
And then reboot
Done

Feb 9, 2015

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

thk you Soooo Much !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wath a fix Worked 100%
Really appreciate THAT was the true Answer .
Read So many post On So Many forum to fix it you Are Awesome.
truly!
An happy Man !

Oct 29, 2014
Mabalacat City
THANKS!!!

OMG! I almost went to a Samsung Center to fix my Note 3 but when I saw this and follow the instruction it didn't happened again. Thanks!
But why Samsung make this crappy option in the first place? Its really troublesome specially for a first time owner of a smartphone.

mcogsy

Apr 20, 2015
Worked perfect

thank you, it worked perfectly
:)

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

Nov 2, 2015
My Problem has still remained

I did due to your mentioned steps and turn button "OFF" but when I rebooted my Tablet (Galaxy note 8 - 5120), the result was disappointing... Because I saw that the setting of WIFI has come back to "ON"

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I did due to your mentioned steps and turn button "OFF" but when I rebooted my Tablet (Galaxy note 8 - 5120), the result was disappointing... Because I saw that the setting of WIFI has come back to "ON"

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

Bright.Light

Jun 12, 2008

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

uhm...
maybe you should read the complete thread:eek:
maybe you should not reply in such an old thread

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
After turning off the WIFI PSM, I noticed that my phone doesn't lock automatically when left idle.

Yes I know this is a really old thread, but just adding this for completeness as I found the thread, no solution and figured it out. I have the same thing (GT-I9305, N4 Elite ROM).

You use the 'service mode' app to turn off wifi psm, but if the app is still active it prevents auto locking.
You just have to go into Applications Manager afterwards and manually stop the 'service mode' app, which will be hiding under cached processes.

It's no big deal if you only reboot once a day like me.

shrushti

Jul 2, 2016
i hav all the steps as mentioned bt when i am rebooting it the wfi power saver mode is turned on atomatically... plz suggest me that how can i activate my wifi

Xerc

Apr 18, 2013
how about issues wherein the switch of the wifi itself won't turn on? tried bluetooth it turns on. Also seing safe mode on my homescreen.Help.

Reactions: lover

kisil000

Oct 6, 2016
i already *#0011# off saving mode but still same...........my model samsung n900k olleh......sometime i shutdown for few hour......after tat try to turn on and wifi turn on then get auto off for a half sec......sorry for my bad english..:crying:

Last edited:

Justmesweetp

Nov 10, 2016
So I did it but unfortunately didn't work for my Samsung Note 2
Please help me
I went to *#0011#
Turned my wifi off and then powered off
Then back on again and its still the same I can't keep wifi on

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

Reactions: fortisanima

maxisgsm

Jul 6, 2010
if my wifi cannot on completely, how to check either software or hardware problem. even the phone already doing hard reset.

makoNeko

Sep 18, 2017
what if I have mobile data connection issue? like it disconnects every 3-4 min or there is speed limit....for example, I'm on 4g connection but the download speed is very low - by bit or less than 10KB/s (the signal is good)

Last edited:

nrvz

May 28, 2018
what if there is no button there saying WiFi saving and it should be ON turn it OFF

Go to phone
Press menu
Go WiFi
And then reboot
Done

what if there is no button there saying WiFi saving and it should be ON turn it OFF

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go to phone
    Press menu
    Go WiFi
    And then reboot
    Done

Check again you have dial *#0011#
    if same error reboot device and try
    hmmm wondering if it would be possible to create init.d script to disable that power save mode always :) need to find destination of the value that wifi save mode
    Is this any different from Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> Keep WiFi On During Sleep ???