[DISCONTINUED] ROM Max Inception for ZTE V967S v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5186178

DISCONTINUED.
DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

Max Inception is a port ROM from a clean AOSP Mediatek ROM.

UPDATE 12.02.2014

- changed completely the ROM, both in looks and functionality
- fast, smooth, stable
- optimized: deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, etc.
Be patient on first boot; being deodexed it will take a little bit more time to boot than a normal ROM.

UPDATE 28.11.2013

- fixed proximity sensor issue
- removed autobrightness fix, since it seems to not work well in ported ROMs.
If you use version 1.4, to install you need to do a "clean install - wipe everything". If you use version 1.1, just clean cache and dalvik cache and isntall over it.

If that DualSimRingtone app I put in it doesn't work anymore (it worked on my tests), to solve that flash the Modd attached to post #3.
First release 21.11.2013 INFO

- the name means "beginning, origin", and I thought is apropriate since this is a clean mediatek original ROM.
- various fixes: brightness and autobrightness, screen colors and depth, GPS (new fix), network, tethering, sounds, callerID matching, and some others.
- fixed computer connection as USB Mass storage in any windows (no ZTE drivers needed).
- optimizations for ram, kernel, cache.
- more speed and smoothness.
- some UI improvements.
- possibility to use 3G in both SIMs.
- for GPS all needed files are included.
- rooted with koush's superuser app.
- only few apps very necessary added (like mobile uncle).
- for adblocker, the hosts file is properly configurated.
You can see some screenshots in SCREENSHOTS SECTION.

Gapps are included essential, and if you want whole package just flash "Gapps to complete zip".

INSTALL INSTRUCTION:

To flash a new ROM properly, you need one of my recoveries (for these I'm sure they works).
1. Reboot to recovery.
2. Do a nandroid backup or backup in cwm.
3. mount USB Mass Storage and delete from sdcard these three directories:
  • .android_secure
  • Android
  • LOSTDIR
4. Copy ROM zip or zips on sdcard
5. Eject mass storage from computer and then unmount in recovery
6. wipe all/factory reset or pre-flash wipe in recovery
7. wipe or erase dalvik cache
8. flash zip from sdcard, choose ROM zip, flash it and reboot, or if you flash my ROM version 3.3, the phone will reboot itself.
That's all, this is the correct way to flash any new ROM in any phone thru recovery.

QUICK GPS FIX:

If you want to quick fix gps, do all steps from this post, without downloading MobileUncle - is already installed in ROM.

For downloads check post #3.

Attachments

• incep10.jpg
    incep10.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3,724
  • incep11.jpg
    incep11.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3,101
  • incep12.png
    incep12.png
    239 KB · Views: 2,975
  • incep13.png
    incep13.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 3,173
  • incep14.png
    incep14.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,808
  • incep15.png
    incep15.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,853
  • incep16.png
    incep16.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,755
  • incep17.png
    incep17.png
    41 KB · Views: 2,671
  • incep18.jpg
    incep18.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,578
  • incep19.jpg
    incep19.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,560
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5186178

I found 2 bugs. In autobrightness screen off. The circular battery indicator always indicate 100%

Thanks

Sent from my ZTE V967S using xda app-developers app

Thanks,
I know about battery bug - it's fixed now, I hadn't time to upload, but I will do it now (just forgot to change two files).
I don't understand what's the problem with autobrightness and screen off?!

dacecar

Jun 13, 2008
Spain
since when I have automatic brightness on the screen turns off and I have to remove the battery to turn back. sometimes when I adjust the brightness in manual. thanks

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

as happens in some Roms like miui. in the latest versions of the smart max and max flavor don`t gives me this error. here you can see: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVJM5r5Swc thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5186178

since when I have automatic brightness on the screen turns off and I have to remove the battery to turn back. sometimes when I adjust the brightness in manual. thanks

Hm, that is not happening in my phone. I use automatic brightness in all ROMs, and I don't have any problem like that you say. I heard about some phones with that problem (you are number 3). I don't know how to fix that if I can't reproduce it. Maybe is a hardware issue.
Now that I saw your movie I'm convinced is something related to hardware fault. Look at my test with brightness on Max Smart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLzYJbTtHI
You can see I burn my finger on that slider and nothing happens with my screen.
I understood that some of the ZTE v967s phones, recently bought, have a different CPU, mt6589M not mt6589W like in my phone, and therefore the GPU is not 240, but 160. The stock ROM is right for that configuration, but other ROM like Lewa, Miui or my ported ROMs need more resources. Maybe you have one of those phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

dacecar

Jun 13, 2008
Spain
ok. thanks anyway. return again to the max flavor if it works properly and updates go testing you do for if you find the solution. you me at your disposal as beta tester. greetings and thanks

Reactions: master-alarm

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
I understood that some of the ZTE v967s phones, recently bought, have a different CPU, mt6589M not mt6589W like in my phone, and therefore the GPU is not 240, but 160. The stock ROM is right for that configuration, but other ROM like Lewa, Miui or my ported ROMs need more resources. Maybe you have one of those phones.
is there any way to understand what cpu we have? All the hw info programms report only mtk6589 without M or W
About proximity sensor.It works at least for me when i unlock phone via automaton unlocker app but it doesnt work in phone calls

Last edited:

Dovahpig

Sep 24, 2013
Novi Sad
Wow.. So many roms so little time :D im looking forward to test it once the proximity sensor bug is solved.

Sent from my ZTE V967S using Tapatalk

yelybely

Oct 21, 2010

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

as happens in some Roms like miui. in the latest versions of the smart max and max flavor don`t gives me this error. here you can see:

I have the same problem with auto brightness, in every rom I've tried so far, including this one. Otherwise I think this rom is great! Many thanks for your continued development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    DISCONTINUED.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

Max Inception is a port ROM from a clean AOSP Mediatek ROM.

UPDATE 12.02.2014

- changed completely the ROM, both in looks and functionality
    - fast, smooth, stable
    - optimized: deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, etc.
    Be patient on first boot; being deodexed it will take a little bit more time to boot than a normal ROM.

UPDATE 28.11.2013

- fixed proximity sensor issue
    - removed autobrightness fix, since it seems to not work well in ported ROMs.
    If you use version 1.4, to install you need to do a "clean install - wipe everything". If you use version 1.1, just clean cache and dalvik cache and isntall over it.

If that DualSimRingtone app I put in it doesn't work anymore (it worked on my tests), to solve that flash the Modd attached to post #3.
    First release 21.11.2013 INFO

- the name means "beginning, origin", and I thought is apropriate since this is a clean mediatek original ROM.
    - various fixes: brightness and autobrightness, screen colors and depth, GPS (new fix), network, tethering, sounds, callerID matching, and some others.
    - fixed computer connection as USB Mass storage in any windows (no ZTE drivers needed).
    - optimizations for ram, kernel, cache.
    - more speed and smoothness.
    - some UI improvements.
    - possibility to use 3G in both SIMs.
    - for GPS all needed files are included.
    - rooted with koush's superuser app.
    - only few apps very necessary added (like mobile uncle).
    - for adblocker, the hosts file is properly configurated.
    You can see some screenshots in SCREENSHOTS SECTION.

Gapps are included essential, and if you want whole package just flash "Gapps to complete zip".

INSTALL INSTRUCTION:

To flash a new ROM properly, you need one of my recoveries (for these I'm sure they works).
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Do a nandroid backup or backup in cwm.
    3. mount USB Mass Storage and delete from sdcard these three directories:
    • .android_secure
    • Android
    • LOSTDIR
    4. Copy ROM zip or zips on sdcard
    5. Eject mass storage from computer and then unmount in recovery
    6. wipe all/factory reset or pre-flash wipe in recovery
    7. wipe or erase dalvik cache
    8. flash zip from sdcard, choose ROM zip, flash it and reboot, or if you flash my ROM version 3.3, the phone will reboot itself.
    That's all, this is the correct way to flash any new ROM in any phone thru recovery.

QUICK GPS FIX:

If you want to quick fix gps, do all steps from this post, without downloading MobileUncle - is already installed in ROM.

For downloads check post #3.
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    Mirror links
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    CREDITS & THANKS

* dsixda for powerfull android kitchen
    * pas2001 for battery icons
    * Koush for Superuser solution