Getting only 720p HDMI output over MHL adapter.

Search This thread

Djabolic

Apr 26, 2011
Ankara
Hi,

Me and my co-worker we both have HTC One phones (he has black one, i have silver) and same MHL adapters (Samsung ones) the issue is when we connect our phones over MHL his phone outputs true 1080p but my phone only outputs as 720p. We have tried several different situations. We were using the same HDMI cable.

His HTC One + His Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 1080p output.
His HTC One + My Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 1080p output.
My HTC One + His Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 720p output.
My HTC One + My Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 720p output.

We're in a European country and we're both running on stock roms. My phone got the 4.4.2 update but his phone still stays on 4.3

It looks like it's a software issue but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Does anyone have any idea to fix it?

Last edited:

shorn2046

Apr 12, 2009
Hi,

Me and my co-worker we both have HTC One phones (he has black one, i have silver) and same MHL adapters (Samsung ones) the issue is when we connect our phones over MHL his phone outputs true 1080p but my phone only outputs as 720p. We have tried several different situations. We were using the same HDMI cable.

His HTC One + His Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 1080p output.
His HTC One + My Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 1080p output.
My HTC One + His Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 720p output.
My HTC One + My Samsung MHL adapter + HDMI cable = 720p output.

We're in a European country and we're both running on stock roms. My phone got the 4.4.2 update but his phone still stays on 4.3

It looks like it's a software issue but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Does anyone have any idea to fix it?

I noticed the same issue with both my wife's HTC6500LVW (she has the silver and I have the blue).

We both noticed that after the update from 4.3 to 4.4.2.

Also, we have been long time subscribers to Rhapsody music service, and ever since the update to our phones, neither one of us can now listen to offline music we downloaded. Also, our phones are not as energy-efficient as they were previously.

There seem to be some serious glitches with the update that rolled out from 4.3 to 4.4.2!

And the sad part is that once you give into the nagging update, you can not rollback to the more efficient and stable version.

Any ideas how to resolve?

AIDROOS

Nov 16, 2014
I'm still on the M7. Being the 64GB developers Edition I had no reason to upgrade. Now even on droid 5.0.2 this issue you describe is still the same. I can't get 1080P via any MHL cable. HTC, or Sony have no clue. I hit Cyanogen mod just to see if maybe it were sense messing up. Turns out Cyanogen does not support MHL for M7

Receiver: Sony 4K paired with FHD TV