[Q] Google Play Edition HTC One Trying to Revert back to Sense

Search This thread

Tony Deavila

Jan 31, 2014
ELK GROVE
This is my first thread here on XDA so bare with me guys. I'm going to try to add all the important details to help you help me... yeah. Anyways, on with my problem. I recently converted my AT&T HTC One with sense to a GPE. Back on sense I was on 4.3, made a backup with TWRP and currently have it saved on my computer. Once I was one the google play edition, I updated to 4.4, just in case that matters.

The phone has S-OFF and has an unlocked bootloader. Not Rooted nor does it has a custom recovery.

My question is, how do I go back to HTC Sense ? Can I install a TWRP and drag & drop the backup & restore ? Or will installing a custom recovery brick the phone ?

Bootloader screen details:

***UNLOCKED***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-GOOGL001
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-4T.21.3218.21
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.58.1700.5

The rest doesn't really matter

Can I install A Custom Recovery and drag the backup from TWRP to my phone and restore back to sense ?
Any help is much appreciated ! :good:

Extra Info After Using The Command "fastboot getvar all"
C:\Users\Windows Master\Desktop\HTCOneRoot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.58.1700.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HT34YW910578
(bootloader) imei: Rather Not Post
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: GOOGL001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4336mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-5d4c562c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.075s

Last edited:

BouncingObject

Jan 28, 2014
Temple, TX
This is my first thread here on XDA so bare with me guys. I'm going to try to add all the important details to help you help me... yeah. Anyways, on with my problem. I recently converted my AT&T HTC One with sense to a GPE. Back on sense I was on 4.3, made a backup with TWRP and currently have it saved on my computer. Once I was one the google play edition, I updated to 4.4, just in case that matters.

The phone has S-OFF and has an unlocked bootloader. Not Rooted nor does it has a custom recovery.

My question is, how do I go back to HTC Sense ? Can I install a TWRP and drag & drop the backup & restore ? Or will installing a custom recovery brick the phone ?

Bootloader screen details:

The rest doesn't really matter

Can I install A Custom Recovery and drag the backup from TWRP to my phone and restore back to sense ?
Any help is much appreciated ! :good:

Extra Info After Using The Command "fastboot getvar all"

Installing a custom recovery won't brick your phone. You'll just have to move the TWRP recovery to your internal SD card from your computer, install TWRP then restore from within TWRP. If you wanted the latest Sense version of Android, you could look at flashing ARHD 51.0 running on 4.4.2 instead of going back to 4.3, but that's up to you. Ask if you need anymore information. :cowboy:

KKRES

May 12, 2014
Gpe to sense

i bought a google edition htc m8, so i wanted to get it back to sense aswell as i prefer the usability of it + the phone was made to run on that software
this took me hour to work out and hours of research on xda and other websites, so here im trying to simplify everything into one post, so people can get back to sense :)
so first of course root your phone if u have a google edition, if you converted to GPE from sense you will already be rooted and you can start the process (with TWRP installed)

i did it successfully but it was a huge process as there are limited resources atm to help me do it, as to why i am posting this

1. first i downloaded HTC one m8 all in one tool:(link)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065
once you download this program you will be able to put the phone into bootloader, with this program you wont have to use comand prompt on windows to change the cid in bootloader.

2. you need to change the phones cid from goog to CID-11111111, of the m8 all in one toolkit it enters it in for you and writes it straight to your phone.

3. once you do this you need to download -
Flash 1.54 Image- http://xdaforums.com/show...68&postcount=3

NOW YOU NEED TO USE COMAND PROMPT- TEST PHONE WITH - FASTBOOT DEVICES- SHOULD GET A NUMBER CODE IF YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY

1.FIRST ENTER fastboot oem rebootRUU

THEN- fastboot flash zip (whatever you name it).zip REDO IT TWICE 1ST WILL FAIL )- THEN SUCCESSFUL

-Boot back into Bootloader

-Boot into Recovery
-then in twrp (MUST)
-Wipe Data, Factory Reset, Advanced Wipe-Wipe System, Data, Cache
-Reboot Recovery
-Restore or Flash a Sense Rom

(i have been pretty brief in my explanation, everything you need is there for the tricky parts, but if you have problems with toolkit or anything else look it up on xda) but this post will cut down the process time!
thanks. i am not resposible for any faults or problems with your phone but if you do it correctly all should be good :good: