[Q] Galaxy S5 Syncing Photos From Computer to Phone

Search This thread

imaslomo

Jun 23, 2014
Hello!

I recently moved from a Windows 7 phone to Android and the thing I miss most is the ability to sync wirelessly my photos from my computer to my phone. Here is how I did it on my Windows phone:
1. I would go into Zune (the software used to sync the phone, similar to iTunes) and choose the folders from my computer to sync with my phone.
2. I would plug my phone into its wall charger and it would sync wirelessly every night when I charged it.
The photos would be synced to my gallery and I was able to see the photos even when I wasn't connected to my phone provider or internet.

Is there any way to do this on my new Samsung Galaxy S5? I attempted to copy my photos using the USB cable, but I didn't have enough room to move them. I had 16GB of storage on my Windows phone, the same amount as my Galaxy, and the photos fit on the Windows, so there is obviously some way to do it.
I can live without the whole no-internet or cell service needed to see the photos, but I would really love to be able to at least access my photos from my phone.

Note: in the gallery, if I scroll down I see a "connected devices" option, and underneath those devices (which are my home laptop and PC) there is "no images" listed. How do I get photos shared between these connected devices?

Thank you so much!

ElenaPower

Jan 13, 2011
I use google drive fotosync for this so I have all my mobile pictures accessable on every computer where i have internet access and log in to my google account.

With the app FolderSync you can sync special folders with nearly any cloud.

imaslomo

Jun 23, 2014
I use google drive fotosync for this so I have all my mobile pictures accessable on every computer where i have internet access and log in to my google account.

With the app FolderSync you can sync special folders with nearly any cloud.

I have quite a lot of photos to sync, probably more than 600. Can you sync a lot of photos?