[Q] Broken screen - transfer data from old phone

Search This thread

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Forgot to add that he is not rooted nor does he have a custom recovery. That doesn't make a difference I'm assuming where ADB is concerned?

I don't know whether adb pull works on stock recovery as I haven't tried it on stock recovery. You will need to try that out.

However, if USB Debugging is enabled on that device, you can boot up the phone normally till the lockscreen and use adb pull. It will work as long as USB debugging is enabled from developer options.

Reactions: prateek.htc

usafle

Nov 8, 2010
Newburgh
Lenovo P11
I don't know whether adb pull works on stock recovery as I haven't tried it on stock recovery. You will need to try that out.

However, if USB Debugging is enabled on that device, you can boot up the phone normally till the lockscreen and use adb pull. It will work as long as USB debugging is enabled from developer options.

No, he is just a 'regular' user. Not like us that constantly tinker / hack with our phones. He opened it up and used it. Never rooted or did anything else to it....

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
No, he is just a 'regular' user. Not like us that constantly tinker / hack with our phones. He opened it up and used it. Never rooted or did anything else to it....

I see. Then most probably he didn't enable the debugging. In that case, you need to try adb pull in stock recovery or wait for anyone else to answer whether it works in stock or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. Head over to recovery and use:

adb pull /sdcard/ D:\Nexus5_backup

I see. Then most probably he didn't enable the debugging. In that case, you need to try adb pull in stock recovery or wait for anyone else to answer whether it works in stock or not.
    Forgot to add that he is not rooted nor does he have a custom recovery. That doesn't make a difference I'm assuming where ADB is concerned?

Stock recovery doesn't allow adb access. That would be insecure

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk