Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2009, 05:54 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I agree that there should be an option to choose whether to use GPS for location or not. Not having such a toggle really makes most of the Settings useless.

Thanks for the feedback. That was the idea behind two options under Update menu. Looks like there is a bug.

4th August 2009, 06:07 PM |#12  
Flag The Nothing
Thanks Meter: 22,611

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs777

Thanks for the feedback. That was the idea behind two options under Update menu. Looks like there is a bug.

Actually, now that you say that, it is working correctly. I just didn't understand what the options meant, I guess. That, and the first time I used it, the radar map seemed to stay in Oregon . But it appears to be working correctly now. Now, if only GPS location would work . . . (I have .NET CF3.5 cooked into my ROM, incidentally).

EDIT: You know why I thought it wasn't working right? I don't think the map always re-centers when you update based on Radar only. Or maybe it depends on what Zoom level is selected. I can see my selected city on the map, but it's not centered, at least not when I update in the 100 mile view.
4th August 2009, 07:33 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

EDIT: You know why I thought it wasn't working right? I don't think the map always re-centers when you update based on Radar only. Or maybe it depends on what Zoom level is selected. I can see my selected city on the map, but it's not centered, at least not when I update in the 100 mile view.

This is probably due to last gps location saved in config file. If that's set to 0 it should recenter correctly. I'll have the option to edit it in the next version.
4th August 2009, 09:45 PM |#14  
Flag Rochester

More
I too have been looking for something like this for quite sometime....... I travel alot on the motorcycle and it would be nice to know where I am in relationship to what isa coming my way.......or better yet going the other dirrection :). If you need any help with this let me know......running AT&T Fuse and NATF 5.2 code..... Got as many as 4 satalites but really slow in finding them. Looking forward to next update!!!!
5th August 2009, 01:32 AM |#15  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It appears V 1.1 is working very well. I really like the new options. It took about 15 sec. to find 6 satallites inside and about 45 seconds to lock and give me a location. All appears well initially. Great job.
5th August 2009, 01:42 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I agree
Seems to be working very well so far. Similar results to Glide.
5th August 2009, 02:34 AM |#17  
Flag Nashua

More
Cool program - works just fine on my Fuze. Thanks!
5th August 2009, 03:45 AM |#18  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Great APP!
I created a cab that will merge this app with the Showaco's Titanium weather panel. I love this app! Great work!
Attached Files
File Type: cab radarmerge.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 3622 views)
5th August 2009, 05:44 AM |#19  

More
Talking
Great program....can you make the radar loop to show where the storm is moving

Great Job!!!! Works great...
5th August 2009, 05:49 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland, OR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyj26

Great program....can you make the radar loop to show where the storm is moving

Animated GIFs are not currently supported in Compact Framework, however you should be able to see animated radar online but going to Menu -> View -> Online.
5th August 2009, 06:10 AM |#21  
Flag Cincinatti
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Seems to be working well with this updated version. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)