FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,672 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,487

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Please Do NOT Use The 'Downloads' Tab - It's Not Working Properly!
10th July 2013, 03:05 PM |#1401  
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Info 2 Tickle my android may be a bug.
What phone/tablet are you using?:Samsung Galaxy tab 2 (GT-P3100)
What version of Android are you running?:Android Jelly Bean (4.1.2)
What sort of rom are you on? (I need to know about OEM roms as well. That's things like Sense, Touchwiz, etc):Stock Rom(Touchwiz)
What are you trying to decompile/recompile?:SystemUI.apk(its an odexed file)
What resources apps have you installed?:SystemUI.apk
Are the files you're using odexed or deodexed?dexed
What mod are you trying to do?:Status bar
Do your files work if you decompile, recompile and prepare them without changing anything? Dont know it gives error while decompiling the SystemUI.apk
What problems are you having? (Give me some detail here, don't just say "It doesn't work."):I was trying to decompile the SystemUI.apk but it produced some errors which I don't now why it happened.
Please also copy and paste the log files for the files you're modding (use Option 1 in the theming menu) as well as the history.txt logfile.
Here is my log file:

Decompiling "system"
With Tickle My Android
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\XGr\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x0108063d
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080641
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080a32
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010806c4
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080a31
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080a31
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080641
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01040619
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.get Referent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.enc odeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlValueExt(ResScalarValue.java:86)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlItemValue(ResScalarValue.java:48)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.getType (ResArrayValue.java:74)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.seriali zeToResValuesXml(ResArrayValue.java:50)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValues File(AndrolibResources.java:440)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(Androli bResources.java:243)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androli b.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:11 4)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!
10th July 2013, 07:34 PM |#1402  
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGr7078

What phone/tablet are you using?:Samsung Galaxy tab 2 (GT-P3100)
What version of Android are you running?:Android Jelly Bean (4.1.2)
What sort of rom are you on? (I need to know about OEM roms as well. That's things like Sense, Touchwiz, etc):Stock Rom(Touchwiz)
What are you trying to decompile/recompile?:SystemUI.apk(its an odexed file)
What resources apps have you installed?:SystemUI.apk
Are the files you're using odexed or deodexed?dexed
What mod are you trying to do?:Status bar
Do your files work if you decompile, recompile and prepare them without changing anything? Dont know it gives error while decompiling the SystemUI.apk
What problems are you having? (Give me some detail here, don't just say "It doesn't work."):I was trying to decompile the SystemUI.apk but it produced some errors which I don't now why it happened.
Please also copy and paste the log files for the files you're modding (use Option 1 in the theming menu) as well as the history.txt logfile.
Here is my log file:

Decompiling "system"
With Tickle My Android
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\XGr\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x0108063d
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x01080a32
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010806c4
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01040619
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.get Referent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.enc odeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlValueExt(ResScalarValue.java:86)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encode AsResXmlItemValue(ResScalarValue.java:48)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.getType (ResArrayValue.java:74)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.seriali zeToResValuesXml(ResArrayValue.java:50)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValues File(AndrolibResources.java:440)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(Androli bResources.java:243)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androli b.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:11 4)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!

You haven't included your history.txt but I don't need it this time round because I can tell what's gone wrong.

You haven't installed your framework-res.apk. Without this, your SystemUI.apk won't decompile properly.

Have a look at the instructions in the op for more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namoi

Just a quick question : isn'it better to DELETE public.xml just after decompiling as a new one will be created at compile time ? and hence avoiding that kind of problem.
I know i do it when compiling themes (XthemeEngine), but i wonder if it applies to "standard" apks as well ?

Thanks

To be honest, a lot of the time deleting public.xml won't cause any trouble. In theory.

The problem is, you can't guarantee that the hex references will be the same in the new xml as in the old one. Which could potentially cause an issue. It's good practise just to leave it alone.
The only time you actually need to edit public.xml is if you're deleting things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™

Thank you for your reply.....

Code:
'chcp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
actually i'm also concern about this line everytime i try to mod any apk....but those line doesn't give me any trouble since i can mod/decompile/recompile/sign/ziplign on JB 4.1.2 and below without any problem....all modded apk works fine....but if there a solution for fixing that line, can you tell me what is it????

hmmm....all log??? as in decompile and recompile log??? i can't find decompile log on TMA v6.0...usually v5.4 the log is there on cmd...also i don't edit any line from public.xml....i only edit in xml folder (mms_config.xml) only....i will try to remove those line and see what happen next....

Lol....that pouty bat face is so cute

So what happened after you deleted those lines?

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium
..Have you tried Tickle My Android yet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 08:05 PM |#1403  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 1,168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

So what happened after you deleted those lines?

deleting those line help me recompile mms.apk successfully but it also make mms thread look very ugly then before....deleting public.xml also a great idea cause it doesn't give error log but still the result look very ugly.....

a have attach mms.apk (not modded yet) along with framework-res.apk for you to test it, maybe you can figure out that is the real problem....help me edit this line in xml folder/mms_config.xml.....

change this....
<int name="smsToMmsTextThreshold">7</int>

to this....
<int name="smsToMmsTextThreshold">777</int>

i just wanna to increase how many sms i can wrote before it change to mms....
Attached Files
File Type: rar mms.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.98 MB, 1 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to iPusak Gaoq™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iPusak Gaoq™ Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 09:59 PM |#1404  
Quote:

deleting those line help me recompile mms.apk successfully but it also make mms thread look very ugly then before....deleting public.xml also a great idea cause it doesn't give error log but still the result look very ugly.....

a have attach mms.apk (not modded yet) along with framework-res.apk for you to test it, maybe you can figure out that is the real problem....help me edit this line in xml folder/mms_config.xml.....

change this....
<int name="smsToMmsTextThreshold">7</int>

to this....
<int name="smsToMmsTextThreshold">777</int>

i just wanna to increase how many sms i can wrote before it change to mms....

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean by the mms thread looking ugly?

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium
..Have you tried Tickle My Android yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:46 PM |#1405  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Needed file
Hello Tickle Fish here is the file that you needed. Thank you so much for your time and effort.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vold.fstab.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangkoy08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pangkoy08 Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 02:53 AM |#1406  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,895

Donate to Me
More
Hey ticklefish just noticed a little big in the latest update. I try to keep up with this thread so hope I didn't miss this, but in the theme menu the are two option 18. The second one is just mislabeled just thought I'd point it out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kintwofan Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 03:30 AM |#1407  
Flag C:\Apktool & C:\TickleMyAndroid
Thanks Meter: 541

More
hii @Ticklefish i just want to ask something,why every playing with smali files to mod SystemUI.apk,when apply them,SystemUI.apk always force close but in log there is no doubt,my device is Galaxy SL,running on CM10.1
11th July 2013, 06:44 AM |#1408  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 1,168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean by the mms thread looking ugly?

Here is the screenshot......

before.....

after.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPusak Gaoq™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iPusak Gaoq™ Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 11:25 AM |#1409  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 419

More
Hi, can you fix Tickle My Android 6.0 link? I can't download it. Thanks before

Edit : My mistake... downloading now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunder888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thunder888 Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 02:36 PM |#1410  
Quote:

Here is the screenshot......

before.....

after.....

I see. How strange.

There's not much I can do here. It's worth talking to the maker of your rom about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 02:46 PM |#1411  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Volkf

hii @Ticklefish i just want to ask something,why every playing with smali files to mod SystemUI.apk,when apply them,SystemUI.apk always force close but in log there is no doubt,my device is Galaxy SL,running on CM10.1

If you're changing smali files and you're getting force closes, it's either because you're not processing the apk correctly or because there's something wrong with the smali changes you're making.

I don't know much about smali yet so I can't help there. But have a look in the ops to make sure you're processing the apk correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)