Thanks Meter: 84

By Limewirelord, Senior Member on 21st February 2012, 05:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2012, 07:10 AM |#31  
Flag Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 735

More
UPDATE your thread title, OP
You really should add this is the same procedure for flashing a kernel, theme, or any rom for those with S-ON Unlocked, HBOOT 1.45.0013! It would really help the new guys I figured it out quickly but it would have saved me some time lol

2nd June 2012, 09:58 PM |#32  
Yeah this would have saved me SOOOO much time..oye...Lmao
5th June 2012, 06:09 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
phone htc doubleshot
Hello,

I have had the worst time trying to get my wife's t-mob mytouch 4g slide to go anywhere from stock crappy rom..... with very little progress.

I feel comfortable doing all of the rooting/updating kind of stuff... I have been running CM roms starting from g1 to my current htc sensation running cm9.....

BUT... this phone I can not get anywhere.

The phone has hboot_1.45.0013 and I have unlocked the boot loader via htc tool.

The method in this thread (get for example cm9 alpha for doubleshot and extract boot.img) seems to not work for me.

1st I can get fasboot to get the boot.img in but after I flash recovery 5.0.2.7 it seems to not work, therefore I can not flash full build or kernel or anything else.....

2nd the recovery shows up with all menu options on the screen but none of them work... clockword recovery logo image appears for every option I select.

Please any advice on how to get to any other state other than the one I am in.....

Thank you in advance,
Mike O.
6th June 2012, 02:56 AM |#34  
Flag Cowford, FL - Blackview BV9500 Pro
Thanks Meter: 75

More
With this recovery you select with the power button, not the trackball.

If you didn't get an error with the fastboot part, it probably worked fine. Try the power button instead of the trackball in recovery and see if that doesn't solve this for you...

(had the same problem myself)
6th June 2012, 03:29 AM |#35  

More
I am used to pressing power button for selection since I do it often on my htc pyramid phone recovery. I know that there was no action after pressing power button for selection on my wifes mytouch 4g slide.

thanks for advice.... I think that recovery just does not install correctly or something like that. I did try to install several times via fastboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj chitwood

With this recovery you select with the power button, not the trackball.

If you didn't get an error with the fastboot part, it probably worked fine. Try the power button instead of the trackball in recovery and see if that doesn't solve this for you...

(had the same problem myself)

7th June 2012, 02:33 AM |#36  

More
For those who are successful at taking unrooted 1.45.0013 hboot phone with unlocked boot loader and applying any rom via method described in this thread, can someone put down steps they took including getting recovery in to the phone please.

any help is greatly appreciated.
8th June 2012, 05:23 AM |#37  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misha

For those who are successful at taking unrooted 1.45.0013 hboot phone with unlocked boot loader and applying any rom via method described in this thread, can someone put down steps they took including getting recovery in to the phone please.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Once you've unlocked, all you have to do is one of the following:

To test once and once only (I advise you do this prior to flashing it - it's akin to a boot disk without actually installing anything to permanent storage):
Code:
fastboot boot myrecovery.img
To actually flash it to your phone:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery myrecovery.img
Ultimately, I followed this thread but I skipped the part about flashing the PG59IMG.zip.
8th June 2012, 04:03 PM |#38  

More
Thank you.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA
2nd July 2012, 02:11 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
WOO HOO!!!
Gitty-up!!! Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-07-01-17-45-00.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1170305  
13th July 2012, 03:42 AM |#40  
Flag hartford
Thanks Meter: 47

More
ok so this method is to flash ics roms
theyre nice and polished and all but not really working that great for me
how do i get back to gingerbread
i tried to flask mik deoxed rom and it just sits at the mt4gs screen
help anyone ?
14th July 2012, 06:05 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thoughts from A Noob
First and foremost, thanks for these instructions. Since my 4GS is my only phone, I didn't want to risk trying the S-Off method and cooking my SD card. It seems to be almost risk free but I wasn't going to push my luck. Now running CM9, Alpha5 and loving it.

As a relative noob to rooting phones, I'd like to make a suggestion. I've read every post in this thread and if I missed it somewhere, my apologies.

I rooted my phone close to a month ago so I'm doing this from memory:

After extracting boot.img and placing it in the folder with the fastboot file, I ran the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" command and received an error stating something to the effect of needing some adb files. Like I said, I'm relatively new to rooting so I got stumped. I did some research and found out that I needed the Android SDK to get the missing adb files.

I already had SDK downloaded so I searched through the folder after extracting the files and again, no luck. Ran SDK, found that it needed to be updated which I did and voila, there were the adb files I was told were missing when I ran the fastboot command. I'm not sure which update needed to be run to get these files so I just did all of them. If my memory serves me right, the adb files were in the tools folder. Once I located the files, I moved them into the same folder where I had placed fastboot and boot.img, ran the command again and everything worked like what's described in your instructions.

I'm no stranger to computers so figuring out this needed to be done took some research and a bit of jumping around XDA threads before I put all the pieces together. For those other noobs who may not be as computer savvy, I can see this causing quite a bit of confusion. Unless I missed it, I have only seen one post that makes any mention of the adb files, which ones are needed, and including them in the same directory as fastboot and boot.img, and I didn't see anything in reference to needing the Android SDK (in this thread). Perhaps adding this info into your instructions would help to eliminate some questions and confusion and make it easier for others to flash the custom ROM of their choice if they don't want to try to S-Off method.

Again, thanks for these instructions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)