By Dwolf16, Senior Member on 10th June 2012, 10:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2012, 09:50 AM |#11  
Flag Sunrise
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Ackerson

I just ordered a q-cell 3850mah extended battery. Yes, I know its beastly but I rarely have my phone in my pocket. Its either in my truck or sitting next to me. I'll review it once I get a feel for it. I should probably easily b able to go 2+ days without charge. ( I get 9 on skyics with my OEM one now.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Let me know how that goes, I was thinking of getting one.

Sent from my SGH-i727 using Sky-ICS build 4.2e-17
21st June 2012, 09:47 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Ackerson

I just ordered a q-cell 3850mah extended battery. Yes, I know its beastly but I rarely have my phone in my pocket. Its either in my truck or sitting next to me. I'll review it once I get a feel for it. I should probably easily b able to go 2+ days without charge. ( I get 9 on skyics with my OEM one now.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Just upgraded from the infuse and this battery was my first purchase for my skyrocket. So far I'm really happy with the way it fits and feels. The battery life so far is really great!

The Following User Says Thank You to pdtp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pdtp Ad-Free
21st June 2012, 07:43 PM |#13  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Change battery cover?
pdtp, how did you modify for fittment of the the 3800mah? did you find a decent replacement battery cover?
21st June 2012, 07:50 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemansf

pdtp, how did you modify for fittment of the the 3800mah? did you find a decent replacement battery cover?

No modifications are necessary, the battery comes with a new cover.
You do have to charge the phone completely (i let mine charge overnight), then wipe the battery status, then charge it again for at least an hour.
24th June 2012, 01:54 PM |#15  
Flag Cleveland, Texas USA
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I use a Mugen standard size one. Maybe it's just the way I use it, but it seems to give me a few extra hours a day consistently. I almost never get an extended battery because no one ever seems to make decent protective cases for the phone with it mounted.
24th June 2012, 04:46 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I can't say they're the best, or even that great, but I just bought 2 batteries and a charger for $10 on ebay. That way if my phone decides to die, I've got spares.
25th June 2012, 02:16 AM |#17  
Flag Annapolis, MD
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just ordered the 2 Anker 2200mAh Li-ion Battery with charger set, should have em tomorrow. Right now I'm getting a full day with moderate usage. Battery seems pretty popular so should do well.
26th June 2012, 01:24 AM |#18  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I get about a work day with moderate usage. Text, browsing, tapatalk and about 15 mins of tethering. Mostly text.

About 8-10 hours.

A bigger battery would be convenient but ugly imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
28th June 2012, 05:52 PM |#19  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtp

Just upgraded from the infuse and this battery was my first purchase for my skyrocket. So far I'm really happy with the way it fits and feels. The battery life so far is really great!

This is on my Nexus extended battery and it is only a 2100mAh

28th June 2012, 06:38 PM |#20  

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nest75068

This is on my Nexus extended battery and it is only a 2100mAh

Wile that is awesome you have a battery that works for you, everyone uses there phone different, for instance i noticed that your screen didn't appear to be on for as long as mine, and you seem to have much better signal in your area than i do in mine. Wile the 2100 may work well for you, with the location and the way i use my phones, i have to have the bigger battery. It's great to see what the 2100 is capable of.
I'll end up getting one of those for my Fiancee, as she needs to be able to use an otterbox case.
2nd July 2012, 10:04 PM |#21  
Flag Minden, NV
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341259490290.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1172404

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)