FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,616 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,423

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16 Now Available!!
3rd April 2016, 03:47 AM |#5001  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,565

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

The Id? Could you elaborate I'm not sure what you mean.

In one of the layouts you defined android:id="@id/minitBattery" and its not added to res/values/ids.xml as well. Not sure why because I don't think Gary's mod uses any ID like that but that is the error.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free

3rd April 2016, 07:51 PM |#5002  
Right, let's see how this goes..

Sorry I've been quiet the past few days. Work has been manic and my life away from the keyboard is pretty busy too. In fact. I'm having to write this using the Labs app.
It might be a few days until I gain access to a decent PC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

That is just a nightmare,... Touchwiz with xposed? Nothing good can come of that especially if the dev is odexing xposed files... I wouldn't touch that nonsense...

Thebe🐻r'$ NeXu$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETheHedgehog

Yes i do

Thanks for sharing the link. I do try to keep TMA compatible with as much as possible, so I'll take a look as soon as I can. But, if the dev has done something peculiar, I can't make any promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereassaad

Hey Ticklefish my friend,

I will leave this apktool compatible with samsung mm 6.0.1 by installing frameworks/dec/recompile successful but as usual some apps not decompiled for me at least so maybe with other will decompiled like setting etc , but definitely its decompile/recompiled Systemui successful without any bug hope u include it in next version of TMA ,

Link

https://mega.nz/#!flo3jaiJ!I4-2sJVdcSXWE0VIl0Jykl-GmVhKGPrwDqYDKaFboxk

This compatible with Samsung MM 6.0.1 ,

Enjoy it guys ..

That's fantastic! Thank you! I'll add it as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnys7679

Thank you my friend. You are the best

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

SystemUI works. But if I take as Accuweather Phone 2015.apk or other tells me ARSC error and it does not work. If I take the resources.arsc from the apk folds decompile but I have no res folder more. Any ideas how to manage to do it?

Resources.arsc is an essential file. Removing it won't help. You can try the apktool linked to above. That might help.

Unfortunately Samsung's Marshmallow roms are really hard to decompile right now. Samsung have made their APK files in an unusual way and aren't telling anyone how they did it.
The developer of apktool is trying to come up with a solution but there's nothing yet.
I'm afraid you will just have to wait.

It sucks, I know. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

Can some look at my errors and advise. Trying to mod my system ui for 3 minit battery mod

This is your actual error:

Quote:

W: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea3\_working\SystemUI.ap k\res\layout\system_icons.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'id' with value '@id/minitBattery').

As mentioned, you've referred to an id on line 8 of system_icons.xml that isn't declared in ids.xml.

There are two different ways to fix this. Either add a line in ids.xml or change @id/minitBattery to @+id/MinitBattery. This will automatically add the id to ids.xml when you recompile.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 08:27 PM |#5003  
Flag Menifee
Thanks Meter: 829

More
Can someone help me understand what this means/ I am trying to decompile system ui to add 3 minit / i am on tdunnam PC3 deodexed rom/ here is log.
Decompiling "SystemUI.apk",
in workarea "_WorkArea1", using "apktool-2.1.0-f3e210-SNAPSHOT.jar"
With Debug Info Disabled

With Tickle My Android 13.2.0.
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.1.0-f3e210-SNAPSHOT on SystemUI.apk
I: Loading resource table...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Could not decode arsc file
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:52)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackages FromApk(AndrolibResources.java:553)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(An drolibResources.java:72)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(An drolibResources.java:64)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:6 5)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.setTargetSdkVersion(ApkDe coder.java:201)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:99 )
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:165)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Expected: 0x00000008, got: 0x00000000
at brut.util.ExtDataInput.skipCheckShort(ExtDataInput .java:56)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readValue(AR SCDecoder.java:282)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readEntry(AR SCDecoder.java:224)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp e(ARSCDecoder.java:212)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp eSpec(ARSCDecoder.java:154)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTablePac kage(ARSCDecoder.java:116)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableHea der(ARSCDecoder.java:78)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:47)
... 8 more

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!
The Following User Says Thank You to Josephigloe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josephigloe Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 08:53 PM |#5004  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephigloe

Can someone help me understand what this means/ I am trying to decompile system ui to add 3 minit / i am on tdunnam PC3 deodexed rom/ here is log.
Decompiling "SystemUI.apk",
in workarea "_WorkArea1", using "apktool-2.1.0-f3e210-SNAPSHOT.jar"
With Debug Info Disabled

With Tickle My Android 13.2.0.
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.1.0-f3e210-SNAPSHOT on SystemUI.apk
I: Loading resource table...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Could not decode arsc file
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:52)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackages FromApk(AndrolibResources.java:553)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(An drolibResources.java:72)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(An drolibResources.java:64)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:6 5)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.setTargetSdkVersion(ApkDe coder.java:201)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:99 )
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:165)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Expected: 0x00000008, got: 0x00000000
at brut.util.ExtDataInput.skipCheckShort(ExtDataInput .java:56)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readValue(AR SCDecoder.java:282)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readEntry(AR SCDecoder.java:224)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp e(ARSCDecoder.java:212)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableTyp eSpec(ARSCDecoder.java:154)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTablePac kage(ARSCDecoder.java:116)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTableHea der(ARSCDecoder.java:78)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCD ecoder.java:47)
... 8 more

----------------

Decompile Not Successful!

I don't know that rom, sorry. But have you tried using apktool 2.1?
3rd April 2016, 11:09 PM |#5005  
Flag Menifee
Thanks Meter: 829

More
I have only use only one included 2.1 snapshot

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app
3rd April 2016, 11:15 PM |#5006  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephigloe

I have only use only one included 2.1 snapshot

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app

You can get the latest apktool from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1755243
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
4th April 2016, 12:34 AM |#5007  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,993

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

You can get the latest apktool from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1755243

It's not attached as a link for some reason 😝 (strange) but this may'll be @Josephigloe 😀
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xenreon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenreon Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 11:04 AM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 1,167

Donate to Me
More
Guys, can you please check if you have base.odex files in /data/app/com-xxxx-1/oat/arm/ folders in deodex MM ROMs?
I have and I don't understand why.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to starbucks2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift starbucks2010 Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 12:14 PM |#5009  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks2010

Guys, can you please check if you have base.odex files in /data/app/com-xxxx-1/oat/arm/ folders in deodex MM ROMs?
I have and I don't understand why.

Thank you.

This is normal for PlayStore app downloads and all apps that are sideloaded on MM.
MM has a built-in odexing engine that will odex any files that are added to the rom.
The odex folders & files are safe to delete, if you look inside base.apk you will see classes.dex file(s). I believe it is for compatibility and speed for odexed roms since they will utilitze dex files first if found.

Posted edited to include comments about any apps installed to data/app get automatically odexed.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Another comment...
Oh, and what the heck were they thinking on MM odexing files anyway?
When I first installed the stock MM tarball and pulled the data/app folder after updating all the system apps that the play store said needed to be updated , the size of the data/app folder was nearly 2.5 GBs.
What a huge waste of space!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 12:26 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 1,167

Donate to Me
More
I tried to delete the odex file for whatsapp and in the same time to replace the corresponding base.apk with a modded whatsapp. After reboot my whatsapp icon disappeared from app drawer and the base.odex didn't rebuilt from the modded whatsapp. Maybe is also a problem of signature.
Anyway, bottom line is that now is more difficult to work with user apps then in LP. "Good" job Google.
6th April 2016, 12:58 PM |#5011  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks2010

I tried to delete the odex file for whatsapp and in the same time to replace the corresponding base.apk with a modded whatsapp. After reboot my whatsapp icon disappeared from app drawer and the base.odex didn't rebuilt from the modded whatsapp. Maybe is also a problem of signature.

I cant say what your problem is with app, I don't think it is odex files.
I think you misunderstand; the MM system will not odex files you push, flash or restore from backup.
It will only odex files if you install normally either through installing as normal app or through the play store. It must do its thing during these processes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)